The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Political Corner

The Political Corner We will hash out political, religious and current events in this section.... Keep it constructive when posting!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #16
opeliac
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 21,511
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Klass View Post
Based on that theory, let's let the Indians take back the land that their ancestors had in the past. And half of California, most of Texas and all of Arizona should be the property of Mexico.

And if I read the report correctly, the government didn't do anything to the rancher, they just took the cattle that was on public land, after warning after warning after warning that the rancher had better remove the cattle. That land does not belong to the rancher, it belongs to the public. This asshole brags that he refuses to follow federal laws and talks about "bringing out the guns". Well, good luck with that, he is bringing a tragedy to his own family. He's a multi millionaire, he has plenty of his own land, he's going to get someone killed and over what? A few of his cows that are on public land.

There are no victims, only volunteers...
Your "victims and volunteers" slogan may be just a bit backwards this time...The government decided to change the land-use rules based on a turtle(or at least that is the given excuse)...You probably dont find anything odd in the fact that Cliven Bundy is one of the last cattle ranchers in that area...You go to the grocery, or restaurant, and buy food with no thought about where it comes from...Guys like Cliven Bundy are getting in the way of the corporate strategy, and he must be removed...Or at least thats how it looks from this end of the country...Maybe California has a different view.

You also probably are OK with the BLM setting up the first amendment areas too, cause as long as it doesnt affect the sale of viagra, you dont give a damn...
opeliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #17
Tigman396
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Warrenton , Mo .
Posts: 7,961
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
Your "victims and volunteers" slogan may be just a bit backwards this time...The government decided to change the land-use rules based on a turtle(or at least that is the given excuse)...You probably dont find anything odd in the fact that Cliven Bundy is one of the last cattle ranchers in that area...You go to the grocery, or restaurant, and buy food with no thought about where it comes from...Guys like Cliven Bundy are getting in the way of the corporate strategy, and he must be removed...Or at least thats how it looks from this end of the country...Maybe California has a different view.

You also probably are OK with the BLM setting up the first amendment areas too, cause as long as it doesnt affect the sale of viagra, you dont give a damn...
Preposterous silly , they have all that food right at the store and sushi comes from the ocean !
Tigman396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #18
mobeydick
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,450
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
Your "victims and volunteers" slogan may be just a bit backwards this time...The government decided to change the land-use rules based on a turtle(or at least that is the given excuse)...You probably dont find anything odd in the fact that Cliven Bundy is one of the last cattle ranchers in that area...You go to the grocery, or restaurant, and buy food with no thought about where it comes from...Guys like Cliven Bundy are getting in the way of the corporate strategy, and he must be removed...Or at least thats how it looks from this end of the country...Maybe California has a different view.

You also probably are OK with the BLM setting up the first amendment areas too, cause as long as it doesnt affect the sale of viagra, you dont give a damn...
Rules change, they always have, they always will, adapt and overcome! His business plan involves using public land FOR FREE to make a personal profit!
__________________
*note disclaimer* I hate Hypocrites, Liars, Druggies/Drunks and Thieves. I am also considered an ahole in general. I am ok with it, so don't bother pointing it out, I already know.
mobeydick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #19
opeliac
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 21,511
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobeydick View Post
Rules change, they always have, they always will, adapt and overcome! His business plan involves using public land FOR FREE to make a personal profit!
Go read the other thread about Shirley Bundy, then explain it to us all!!!
opeliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #20
jcr
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,377
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobeydick View Post
Rules change, they always have, they always will, adapt and overcome! His business plan involves using public land FOR FREE to make a personal profit!
that's why the price of things keep going up. the gov't adds taxes or fees and it has to be passed on.

not saying it will but it could keep the prices down and compective if the gov't hadn't adding that fee. again follow the money, its a BS fee like a lot the gov't adds to business's to make moving overseas better for businesses.
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #21
99PanozAIV
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
99PanozAIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Market, MD
Posts: 7,319
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Klass View Post
Based on that theory, let's let the Indians take back the land that their ancestors had in the past. And half of California, most of Texas and all of Arizona should be the property of Mexico.

And if I read the report correctly, the government didn't do anything to the rancher, they just took the cattle that was on public land, after warning after warning after warning that the rancher had better remove the cattle. That land does not belong to the rancher, it belongs to the public. This asshole brags that he refuses to follow federal laws and talks about "bringing out the guns". Well, good luck with that, he is bringing a tragedy to his own family. He's a multi millionaire, he has plenty of his own land, he's going to get someone killed and over what? A few of his cows that are on public land.

There are no victims, only volunteers...
I'm not convinced we've heard the whole story on this one yet.
*******
"I have had people ask me to explain my dad's stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the survival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money's against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they're own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penence he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren't doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down. So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn't work, they used the indangered species card. You've already heard about the desert tortis. Well that didn't work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now their desperate. It's come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America. Now you may be saying," how sad, but what does this have to do with me?" Well, I'll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it's Utah's turn. Mark my words, Utah is next. Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him. Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it. They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are? Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks"
__________________

NRA Life Member
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence -- Hitchens
99PanozAIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #22
rapidr
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 12,734
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

THIS is bullshit.

HOW many topics do you need to start to get your point across?
__________________
This is in no way a personal attack or confrontation, and is not necessarily the view
of the management or sponsors, and the thoughts contained herein are mine,
and is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings or ruin their delicate self esteem, or
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
rapidr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #23
rapidr
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 12,734
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=807242
__________________
This is in no way a personal attack or confrontation, and is not necessarily the view
of the management or sponsors, and the thoughts contained herein are mine,
and is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings or ruin their delicate self esteem, or
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
rapidr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #24
novaking
GUTTER SNIPE UNITED 531
Smoked Another SBC
 
novaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: grand lake
Posts: 21,938
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidr View Post
THIS is bullshit.

HOW many topics do you need to start to get your point across?

: smt089
__________________
rip big dan 9 10 13 GUTTERSNIPE 535
Ausweis Zeigen Sie mir Ihre Papiere, .
Molon Labe
resist & record
www.injectorsplus.com
www.buoybeach.com
POLICE STATE fuck islam
novaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #25
rapidr
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 12,734
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=802202
__________________
This is in no way a personal attack or confrontation, and is not necessarily the view
of the management or sponsors, and the thoughts contained herein are mine,
and is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings or ruin their delicate self esteem, or
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
rapidr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #26
novaking
GUTTER SNIPE UNITED 531
Smoked Another SBC
 
novaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: grand lake
Posts: 21,938
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

__________________
rip big dan 9 10 13 GUTTERSNIPE 535
Ausweis Zeigen Sie mir Ihre Papiere, .
Molon Labe
resist & record
www.injectorsplus.com
www.buoybeach.com
POLICE STATE fuck islam
novaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #27
George Klass
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
George Klass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 43,581
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
Your "victims and volunteers" slogan may be just a bit backwards this time...The government decided to change the land-use rules based on a turtle(or at least that is the given excuse)...You probably dont find anything odd in the fact that Cliven Bundy is one of the last cattle ranchers in that area...You go to the grocery, or restaurant, and buy food with no thought about where it comes from...Guys like Cliven Bundy are getting in the way of the corporate strategy, and he must be removed...Or at least thats how it looks from this end of the country...Maybe California has a different view.

You also probably are OK with the BLM setting up the first amendment areas too, cause as long as it doesnt affect the sale of viagra, you dont give a damn...
I think you may be missing the point. That land was never his, he never OWNED the land. His ancestors may have had the right to use the land 100 years ago for their ranching activities, but rights change. The land owners have the right to change what goes on with their land. I think that the BLM has been more than fair with this idiot, he has had plenty of time to deal with his "trespassing on federal land" issues, and he proudly tells everyone, "fuck the government", I'll do what I want. Like I said, this cannot end peacefully if the rancher doesn't want it to end peacefully.

I've seen this happen before. Up in the Lake Tahoe area, a guy harvested (cut down) some trees to use to build a house. This was in the early 1950's. The problem was that the trees he cut down were in the Tahoe National Forest, land that belonged to the public and managed by the BLM. His excuse for doing that was that his father and grandfather used to do it before WWII, and no one ever said anything. Before WWII, the land was not a "National Forest", but it was always owned by the federal government. He was arrested (and set free on bail) and the whole thing was in court and was litigated for several years. The guy was elderly and the feds didn't really want to put the guy in jail, plus they couldn't re-plant the trees, etc., etc. But then the guy got belligerent, and started waving his guns around and one thing led to another until finally, when the cops came to pick him up for the trial, he shot one of them (a minor wound). In trying to flush the guy out of his home, the house "caught on fire" and burned to the ground. He was arrested and did serve a year in the pokey but he lost everything, and his home owners insurance paid him zero, saying that he might have started the fire himself and of course, he could not prove he didn't (the fire was most likely caused by tear gas canisters fired into the home by the cops).

Life comes down to "attitude". This old guy made a big stink out of what would have most likely amounted to slap on the wrist and a couple of grand in fines (less than what he would have had to pay for legal lumber), and in the end, he (and his son who I knew vaguely) wound up with huge attorney fees, no house (their truck burned up too), and dad in prison.

Attitude can get you killed. This loud mouthed rancher in Nevada (and his loud mouthed family) are not going to have a happy ending to his issues over a few cows and his "rights"...
__________________
"The truth is ugly so we put our prophets in prison."

- Charles Manson


www.accufabracing.com
Follow us @accufabracing on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.

Drag racing in the 1960's
www.georgeklass.net

Last edited by George Klass; 04-10-2014 at 11:58 AM.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #28
mobeydick
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,450
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
Go read the other thread about Shirley Bundy, then explain it to us all!!!
I've read that yesterday and I've watched Videos of Mr. Bundy. He is under court order (many to be exact) to remove his herd from public land. He has refused to do so. He feels he has an inalienable right to use the public land to make a profit without paying the range fees, HE DOESN'T have that right!
__________________
*note disclaimer* I hate Hypocrites, Liars, Druggies/Drunks and Thieves. I am also considered an ahole in general. I am ok with it, so don't bother pointing it out, I already know.

Last edited by mobeydick; 04-10-2014 at 12:03 PM.
mobeydick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #29
TEDM
Life is Grand
Smoked Another SBC
 
TEDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USofA
Posts: 23,975
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Klass View Post
I think you may be missing the point. That land was never his, he never OWNED the land. His ancestors may have had the right to use the land 100 years ago for their ranching activities, but rights change. The land owners have the right to change what goes on with their land. I think that the BLM has been more than fair with this idiot, he has had plenty of time to deal with his "trespassing on federal land" issues, and he proudly tells everyone, "fuck the government", I'll do what I want. Like I said, this cannot end peacefully if the rancher doesn't want it to end peacefully.

I've seen this happen before. Up in the Lake Tahoe area, a guy harvested (cut down) some trees to use to build a house. This was in the early 1950's. The problem was that the trees he cut down were in the Tahoe National Forest, land that belonged to the public and managed by the BLM. His excuse for doing that was that his father and grandfather used to do it before WWII, and no one ever said anything. Before WWII, the land was not a "National Forest", but it was always owned by the federal government. He was arrested (and set free on bail) and the whole thing was in court and was litigated for several years. The guy was elderly and the feds didn't really want to put the guy in jail, plus they couldn't re-plant the trees, etc., etc. But then the guy got belligerent, and started waving his guns around and one thing led to another until finally, when the cops came to pick him up for the trial, he shot one of them (a minor wound). In trying to flush the guy out of his home, the house "caught on fire" and burned to the ground. He was arrested and did serve a year in the pokey but he lost everything, and his home owners insurance paid him zero, saying that he might have started the fire himself and of course, he could not prove he didn't (the fire was most likely caused by tear gas canisters fired into the home by the cops).

Life comes down to "attitude". This old guy made a big stink out of what would have most likely amounted to slap on the wrist and a couple of grand in fines (less than what he would have had to pay for legal lumber), and in the end, he (and his son who I knew vaguely) wound up with huge attorney fees, no house (their truck burned up too), and dad in prison.

Attitude can get you killed. This loud mouthed rancher in Nevada (and his loud mouthed family) are not going to have a happy ending to his issues over a few cows and his "rights"...
But it's ok for government to do anything it wants.
__________________
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." THOMAS JEFFERSON
TEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #30
Tigman396
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Warrenton , Mo .
Posts: 7,961
Default Re: The REAL reason BLM is attacking Cliven Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99PanozAIV View Post
I'm not convinced we've heard the whole story on this one yet.
*******
"I have had people ask me to explain my dad's stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the survival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money's against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they're own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penence he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren't doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down. So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn't work, they used the indangered species card. You've already heard about the desert tortis. Well that didn't work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now their desperate. It's come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America. Now you may be saying," how sad, but what does this have to do with me?" Well, I'll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it's Utah's turn. Mark my words, Utah is next. Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him. Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it. They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are? Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks"
The game is up and they are coming to collect , not going to be pretty for all involved .
Tigman396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 3.33%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC