How many have signed up for ACA? - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Political Corner

The Political Corner We will hash out political, religious and current events in this section.... Keep it constructive when posting!!

Old 12-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #31
BulldogOne
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: How many have signed up for ACA?

I don't get why people are enrolling is this unconstitutional law. There are many intelligent members here who have stated time and time again, what the harsh realities are going to be.
People that have enrolled, and received an estimate of their premiums, and deductibles and co-pays, do not realize, that it is just an estimate. If the back end ever gets fully operational, you know, the actual cash register that the insurance companies will be billing you to pay your premiums, where to send your monthly payments, those estimates will be higher than what was quoted on your enrollment.
I don't see 90 million working Americans signing up for this unconstitutional law.
BulldogOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
Madd Rabbit
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidr View Post
Ok, just a quick question/observation.

OF the 30-40 million without insurance, HOW many were ILLEGALS/HOMELESS or HAPPY with things the way they were. OF these people, WHAT INCENTIVE DID THEY HAVE TO SIGN UP? They HAD healthcare, didn't have to pay for it, SO giving them a little card to carry changed their lives HOW? You REALLY think paying a "FINE" scared them? No, they were happy, it is the rest of us that got screwed.

Typical lib thinking. Screw 300 million people to accommodate/help 30-40 million who were happy to begin with.

WILL, however, generate LOTS of new tax dollars to spend though, won't it. A gutless way to raise your taxes, and NO Senator/Representative/president has to say they voted to raise your taxes.

Not sure, BUT how many homeless people you know who have lap tops, or cell phones, or library cards, etc.? HOW are they going to sign up?

You forgot to mention the Dems thought this would be a great plan to guarantee their party to get votes for years to come. It worked short term, but lets hope it bites them big time in the next elections.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #33
rapidr
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd Rabbit View Post
You forgot to mention the Dems thought this would be a great plan to guarantee their party to get votes for years to come. It worked short term, but lets hope it bites them big time in the next elections.
You would think, BUT, the same people who put Oblowme in the white house will STILL pull the D lever just to keep getting the free stuff.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
rapidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #34
thesource
T5 & T56 building fool
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO48 View Post
I was paying for a self employed plan for my family, to the tune of almost $1000/month.

Starting January 1st, through the exchange, we found a better plan, in all aspects, for under $400/mo.

Funny thing is... It's the same insurance company.

There is a small, temporary subsidy helping that price, but only because I started a new business this year, so my income isn't what it normally is. So... To all the haters that'll say they're paying for my plan need to remember that I've been paying more for over a decade because I'm not on a traditional group employee plan.

Group plans are socialized medicine on a small scale that have been fucking over the little guy for years. Quit whining about paying more, when people like me have been funding your ass for decades.
A lot of that is because you aren't making very much profit at the moment. Before the ACA, insurers didn't base your rates off your income and being self employed meant you weren't part of a larger pool like employees in large companies are.

Instead of wrecking the entire system, they should have made it legal for folks like yourself and myself who are self employed to enter into co-ops and pool together members so we can gain better rates.

thesource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #35
thesource
T5 & T56 building fool
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogOne View Post
I don't get why people are enrolling is this unconstitutional law. There are many intelligent members here who have stated time and time again, what the harsh realities are going to be.
People that have enrolled, and received an estimate of their premiums, and deductibles and co-pays, do not realize, that it is just an estimate. If the back end ever gets fully operational, you know, the actual cash register that the insurance companies will be billing you to pay your premiums, where to send your monthly payments, those estimates will be higher than what was quoted on your enrollment.
I don't see 90 million working Americans signing up for this unconstitutional law.
A lot of the people enrolling at the moment more than likely are (1) buying the cheapest plan and (2) qualify for medicaid or a substantial subsidy.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #36
1st_Gen
WTF?
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
Seems about right. Our governments entire premise was to ensure 15 million Americans who were not insured could become insured at the cost of about 60 million Americans who were already insured in the first place only to have a few million sign up while several times that lose their original coverage.
And, at an initial expense of close to 1 billion dollars. That's a lot of bang for the buck according to Liberals. The administrative costs alone are going to put this shitbag of a law under water.
If it wasn't for Texas.

“In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness,” Robert Griffin III

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
The best plan allows you to not be called "victim" at the end.
1st_Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #37
thesource
T5 & T56 building fool
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st_Gen View Post
And, at an initial expense of close to 1 billion dollars. That's a lot of bang for the buck according to Liberals. The administrative costs alone are going to put this shitbag of a law under water.
This pile of shit was marketed, packaged and sold under the premise that the rich were going to pay for the poor's insurance. Given there are more poor people than rich people, people went along with it assuming it was going to be free for them. When they went to sign up, they quickly realized its far from free and in fact, the $300 a month is going to hurt them far more than the cost to a wealthy person each month. But hey, its the law and as we all know, the law is the law. Comply or face the consequences for not doing so. After a long history with the IRS, I can tell you, there will be consequences for failing to comply despite what politicians or media members tell you to the contrary. We wouldn't need an additional 1800 IRS agents if that weren't the case.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #38
ojh
Smoked another BBC

I tried to sign up late last week, i believe, i post here when i tried and have been updating my lack of success almost daily. the last i checked - i have an account etc and am able to log on and check my status - it has gone from the website being overwhelmed to 'in progress'.
All i have been able to do is to load and confirm my personal information. that is when it turned to shit, the messgae siad there was a problem in the security module and they could go no further, they had my contact information and would get back to me. After a couple days i checked in and got the message that the system was in 'high demand' and that if i were patient i would have a 'pleasent experience' to sign up. That message has since disappeared and is replaced with 'in progress'.
So, there you have it. I am 'in progress' and patiently waiting for my 'pleasent experience'.
And thats the truth as Ruth Bundy would say.

A shop is where you wash your hands before taking a pee.
ojh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #39
GTO48
Señor Member
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidr View Post
I'm not sure, but I believe you are going to find the prices quoted on the heathcare.gov sites are ESTIMATES only, and could go UP or DOWN dependent on participation. I could be wrong, but you might want to read the small print, also.
We have paid our premium and it's an actual policy.
GTO48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #40
ojh
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st_Gen View Post
I have trouble figuring that part of it out. The government is paying whom 1 billion to get us to sign up and send our money to a private insurance company and the IRS is the collection agency for the miscreants. Are you shitting me?
Seems to me the government should bill the insurance companies for the 1 billion plus the costs of 1800 new IRS agents and their spiffy new offices, limos, helicopters etcetc.
After all, the government is guaranteeing 40+million new customers, right?
What am i missing here? How did this happen? How did the government (us) get so stupid as to become the shill for insurance companies and guarantee the purse?

A shop is where you wash your hands before taking a pee.
ojh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #41
z289sec
Smoked Another SBC

As far as I know, and I haven't heard differently, at the last newsworthy note the payment side of Obamacare to pay the insurance companies was still not completed.

How can anyone say they have insurance if the insurance company itself has not been paid?

Yeah, I stole it to use in my sig.
Stock suspension 67 Camaro
565 Conventional head BBC with single stage fogger on 275's
In the chassis shop at the moment.

Thanks to:

Texas Racewerks, Sanger, Texas

Nyes Automotive Racing Engines, Muncie, Indiana

FTI Converters and Transmissions, Deland, Florida

ACE Racing Transmissions, Garland ,Texas
z289sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #42
GTO48
Señor Member
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
A lot of that is because you aren't making very much profit at the moment. Before the ACA, insurers didn't base your rates off your income and being self employed meant you weren't part of a larger pool like employees in large companies are.

Instead of wrecking the entire system, they should have made it legal for folks like yourself and myself who are self employed to enter into co-ops and pool together members so we can gain better rates.
The subsidy was only kind $170/month. No matter how much I make, the premium cap is only a little higher than what I'm paying more., I saved a shit load of money through the same carrier. Fucking fuckers were fucking me fucking hard!
Old 12-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #43
GTO48
Señor Member
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by z289sec View Post
As far as I know, and I haven't heard differently, at the last newsworthy note the payment side of Obamacare to pay the insurance companies was still not completed.

How can anyone say they have insurance if the insurance company itself has not been paid?
My wife called the insurance company direct, and they had our exchange plan on file. She paid the premium today.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #44
thesource
T5 & T56 building fool
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO48 View Post
The subsidy was only kind $170/month. No matter how much I make, the premium cap is only a little higher than what I'm paying more., I saved a shit load of money through the same carrier. Fucking fuckers were fucking me fucking hard!
So you will eventually lose the $170 a month subsidy correct? This will bring your monthly payment to how much? And what is your premium out of pocket expense on this policy?

What was it before? And are there the same number of people covered under the policy as before?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #45
Collinsautomotive
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougA View Post
Martin O'Malleys Md Obama Care website has been the biggest joke of all of them.From what I've read this morning they've enrolled a whopping 3,700 people,and I find that hard to believe,as frigged up as their website is.He's still threatening to scrap the whole thing,and start over,has been a huge joke here.Just standard operating procedure,for this administration.
your whole state is a gain cluster fuck of management ineptitude.

YOU CAN'T EVEN BUILD ROADS IN A TIMELY FASHION

Quote:
"As betting at the race ring adds neither strength nor speed to the horse, so the exchange of shares in the stock market adds no capital to business, no increase in the production and no purchasing power to the market."
Collinsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote