DPF BIG TRUCK DPF DELETE - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 12-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
johnmilner
Launchin

Default DPF BIG TRUCK DPF DELETE

anybody? c13 c15 cat engines.
any tricks of the trade working on these?
can you drill out the filter?
whats can the regular guy do?
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
bentwrench
left for better *****s
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: DPF BIG TRUCK DPF DELETE

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmilner View Post
anybody? c13 c15 cat engines.
any tricks of the trade working on these?
can you drill out the filter?
whats can the regular guy do?
we just took them out and had them cleaned it was a must do if it was under warantee to leave it , if you get caught in a road side sniffer test ( and they are now doing this more at the big inspection areas ) you will get put out of service , and made to fix it before it will be allowed back on the highway , plus fined for tampering with a EPA required device ,( playing stupid will not be allowed as a excuse in court ).
just find a filter cleaner , some places just have a exchange service .

the fine starts at $2500 and its pay now .

Last edited by bentwrench; 12-14-2013 at 09:22 PM.
bentwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
8 Lug Thug
Honkey Kong
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentwrench View Post
we just took them out and had them cleaned it was a must do if it was under warantee to leave it , if you get caught in a road side sniffer test ( and they are now doing this more at the big inspection areas ) you will get put out of service , and made to fix it before it will be allowed back on the highway , plus fined for tampering with a EPA required device ,( playing stupid will not be allowed as a excuse in court ).
just find a filter cleaner , some places just have a exchange service .

the fine starts at $2500 and its pay now .
^^^^^^^^ this. Big brother doesnt car about the regular joe.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
Addict2n20
Launchin

My Volvo was sniffed in az and It passed.... gutted dpf and programmed... from what I understand the tester is very very vague and if the truck is about to go into regen the levels are substantially higher... I know the are very very serious about checking pickups for delete pipes etc
Addict2n20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
bentwrench
left for better *****s
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Lug Thug View Post
^^^^^^^^ this. Big brother doesnt car about the regular joe.
actually it was the fat asmatic tv game playing kids mommies who bitched about the black carbon and how bad it was making jr have attacks when he went outside because his system wasn't used to unfiltered or airconditioned air . and not looking at the pollen from the plants .

big trucks are now cleaning the air as they drive as its filtered going in and coming out . they should pay us for that service .
Old 12-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
8 Lug Thug
Honkey Kong
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentwrench View Post
actually it was the fat asmatic tv game playing kids mommies who bitched about the black carbon and how bad it was making jr have attacks when he went outside because his system wasn't used to unfiltered or airconditioned air . and not looking at the pollen from the plants .

big trucks are now cleaning the air as they drive as its filtered going in and coming out . they should pay us for that service .

Its sad cause its true. The pussification of america
Old 12-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
Addict2n20
Launchin

http://www.deltaforcetuning.com/category-s/49.htm
Old 12-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
dino17
TD 3550
Smoked another BBC

Regen failure . But officer, i tried a forced regen... Honest..... snif..snif...
dino17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
Gdogg
Smoked another BBC

I have a buddy that works on a fleet of class 8 trucks. He had one KW that would d-rate all the time, constantly coming back to that shop with problems with the re-gen bs. So he took the DPF off and punched some holes through it, he said that took care of the problem, it never goes in re-gen and doesn't d-rate any more. So IDK???
It seems that everybody that has that bs on their truck has problems
and want to get rid of it, their tired of going back to the dealer to have it fixed then have the problems come right back.
Gdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #10
procharger
Spooled up

I'm not sure about cat software,but without proper programming like said above, the Trk will shut down if goes into anything above zone 4 for a regen,which it would with a hollowed out dpf or doc. That's how Detroit software is so I would assume cat is close. Pittsburg power may offer software for it. It would have to keep the Trk from derating so not to lose power.

Some guys have went as far as to buy a glider kit with a non egr engine if affordable. Seen a lot of those through the shop as of late

procharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #11
bentwrench
left for better *****s
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict2n20 View Post
My Volvo was sniffed in az and It passed.... gutted dpf and programmed... from what I understand the tester is very very vague and if the truck is about to go into regen the levels are substantially higher... I know the are very very serious about checking pickups for delete pipes etc

it depends on the officers training also , some states like Az really can care less unless your smoking like a big boy because they are not air quality districts and the dust from the deserts is probably worse than the carbon particles emitted and the dilution of the bigger pipes we use and they only do it to keep the feds happy , but in Illinois , they check with the opacity meter and particle counter because of the air quality districts that we have . and the 2 cerified officers are easy to find , look for the tahoes with the long poles on the back corners , those are the" butt sniffers" . they roam from scale to scale , mostly around Chicago , they also hang around on the tollway s near the state lines . seen them several times at the US30 scale by Sauk village ,
Old 12-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #12
Gdogg
Smoked another BBC

^^ They still do glider kits, I didn't like anybody does it anymore
Gdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #13
Addict2n20
Launchin

good to know..... I live less than an hr away from there
Old 12-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #14
bentwrench
left for better *****s
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by procharger View Post
I'm not sure about cat software,but without proper programming like said above, the Trk will shut down if goes into anything above zone 4 for a regen,which it would with a hollowed out dpf or doc. That's how Detroit software is so I would assume cat is close. Pittsburg power may offer software for it. It would have to keep the Trk from derating so not to lose power.

Some guys have went as far as to buy a glider kit with a non egr engine if affordable. Seen a lot of those through the shop as of late
seeing alot more gliders as of late , I remember when they almost quit offering them, as the feds were worried about people building non compliant trucks .

as this bullshit goes . my one freind has taken California of his states of delivery in his rate book , he will deliver as far as the az or NV line but will not enter Ca . he has too many "dirty" trucks ( pre2005) to meet thier quota , and he is sick of there nazi tatics with the ports so he said screw you , he said he might cut back service to east of the rockies as he has better paying freight going towards NY .
Old 12-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #15
66SatBB
Smoked Another SBC

Ha REgen My uncle drives a Mack he has had 5 break downs in two 2011 and a 2012 Mack's from Issues with the regen system Mack had the one truck 1 week the first time 2 weeks the 2 time and 1 month the third time it would run fine then just go into shut down, The second truck it went into regen and shut down had a hazmat load and sat on the side of the road for 28 hours before Company got someone out to swap the truck and take back to Mack they had it for 3 weeks got it back and 700 miles out the wiring harness burned up sat for 2 days on that one the first truck had 60, miles on it when he got it they gave him the newer one and that had 30, miles on it they put him in an old 2000 KW with 800, miles on it he told just let me run this one as had no problems with it everytime they put him in it he lost about 3 months worth of work with all the break downs but they are company trucks so can't complain much other then the fact that he has sat a minimum of 23 hours each break down and it cost him money.
66SatBB is offline   Reply With Quote