UPR Opinions??? - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Stock Suspension - TRZ Motorsports

Stock Suspension - TRZ Motorsports

Old 06-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
nutz4sale
Pullin gears

Default UPR Opinions???

I was wanting to know some opinions and experience you guys have had with UPR products on high hp race cars, not street/strip cars.
I have heard some strange things about some of there products with the higher horsepower stock suspension guys and was wondering what you guys think.
Also I was curious, a lot of the radial cars I have looked at have UPR stickers but I cannot find the first UPR part on there car.
Not bashing at all, I am just curious before I purchase my next suspension set up.
nutz4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
quarterstang86
Pullin gears

Did you check for the chrome window switches? Anybody knows only the best suspension products come from companies that make interior scents and interior dress up items!

I think UPR has used various ways of sponsoring racers to make it appear as though they actually use the product, to that end maybe some do..but I'd like to hear what.....
  • Billy Glidden (UPR sticker) where the hell is a UPR piece on that ride?
  • Brad Brand (UPR sticker) he just sells the stuff, where the hell is a UPR piece on his car?
  • Chris Tuten (UPR sticker) but he just got done having TeamZ go thru the entire car - he might have had some piece from them at one point
  • There are others........
Hell, we had a customers car that bought a brand spankin new UPR K-member (uh oh, from Atlanta Chassis Dyno Brad's a dealer) and the engine mounts were not even touching completly on either side once we sat the motor down! Called UPR, spoke with Jermey I believe and he said just run the bolts down, it be "aight". I've got pictures on how far off it was there was no way I would assemble a car with a measurement being that far off! "We were supposed to just let the bracket bend" Did I mention yet that it took over 2 months to get a check back once we returned the piece of junk! WTH???

Have you seen those new window switches that just came out Tuesday? Man I tell ya...

I don't care if people have gone fast with these products, there is nothing quality or innovative about UPR and suspension period! You can order 2 front kits on the same day and get 2 different styles, with different clearances. You don't even want my honest opinion on the crap that goes out back they sell...

Didn't Henry Ford state it best: "A market is never saturated with a good product, but it is very quickly saturated with a bad one."

Man those new chrome window switches in the new Muscle Mustand & Fast Fords are killer cool!!

Sure, their product floods the corral.net board and Pat@UPR or someone is always quick to respond when it comes to questions about their product. I've spoke with some of the actual best in the industry and you would be surprized at the comments concerning their products.

The best one was last year at Orlando, when I talked to David Wolfe. Man that dude is straight up an animal when it comes to expressing his opinion of UPR. There was no need for him to try and sell me, I've been using or dealt with his products for many years now. The comments were hillarious though.

I'll have to dig up my pictures, of some of that quality UPR stuff. Saying something is one thing, but seeing the same results time after time is another. Is that crap really made in the United States of America anyway? I sure would like to see some pictures of their fabrication area and rooms, maybe the actual building with an American address.

Man if you order some of those pimp new shifter handles, I've heard you get a killer deal on the best suspension packages out there!!!

I'll never buy the stuff, nor recommend it to anyone. I'll also be the one standing in the distance laughing at someone trying to apply a large amount of power to certain chassis parts of theirs.

"Question of the day.... Do you have a good excuse for when you fail?" - jreed1978
quarterstang86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
brian@afm
Pullin gears

The post above pretty well sums up my point of view as well. Do yourself a favor and call Mark at RaceCraft.
brian@afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
out2getsome
Launchin

Terrence whalen sbf f-2 true stock suspension all upr
5.27 138
Ronnie Wilson sbf n2o true stock suspension with upr control arms 7.75 @ 175.98
4.97 @ 143.37
I have used upr k-menbers and control arms with no problems. There are many companies that make quality parts. Stick with a well known name brand like upr, wolfracecraft, team-z, skinykid,racecraft, and I am shore you well end up with quality parts.
out2getsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
quarterstang86
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by out2getsome View Post
5.27 138
4.97 @ 143.37
I have used upr k-menbers and control arms with no problems. There are many companies that make quality parts. Stick with a well known name brand like upr, wolfracecraft, team-z, skinykid,racecraft, and I am shore you well end up with quality parts.
One for the masses right here folks!

So where's Terrance and Ronnie at in the Ads?

Why is: Charlie Booze, Tim Lynch and Bruce Hemminger carrying that famous sticker? None of these people have parts on their cars from UPR yet, to the common E-Cammed street squirl they see those racers and assume "if it's good enough for them it will work for me".. I think there are fewer and fewer companies out there that make a quality product and even less and less people that actually want to take the time to understand what pieces makes these parts and how they work entirely on the car!

**Breaking news**

Did I mention another car that had UPR junk up front had built in stagger? One tire sat further forward than the other! Nothing but pure built in quality there!!

You should really check out the billet door handles though!

Again I'll state, I'm sure people have gone fast with this crap but it wasn't helping things by any means. Nothing uncommon about those E.T's. I know of a large helping of cars that E.T and mile and hour well but carry crap down the track with them the entire way.

"Question of the day.... Do you have a good excuse for when you fail?" - jreed1978
Old 06-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
quarterstang86
Pullin gears

Hell Brian Mitchells old NMRA renegade car just a few weeks ago at a race; that damn thing never left straight and had the double armed UPR anti roll bar crap on it with all the other stuff. Awesome innovation there from UPR yet again! Wasn't Wolfe the first person out with the double bar, back when Job Spetter Jr had his red coupe out in the 90's?

Have you seen those cool HVAC knobs they have out now
Old 06-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #7
gerry
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
Smoked Another SBC

check your pm

R.I.P JAMES PENN 9-25-2012 YOU WILL BE TRUELY MISSED DAD
R.I.P FRANCIS COLEY 7-01-2012
gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #8
25-5
HeadCaseRacing
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by out2getsome View Post
5.27 138
4.97 @ 143.37
Ronnie had STEEDA parts on it first. UPR came along and said I will give you 500 for every race you goto with are stuff on the car. So he switched. Steeda was giving him 300.

TEAM Z is also VERY GOOD
Old 06-19-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
Badbascom
Pullin gears

Whats the deal with the dual lever anti-roll bar, I mean to say what are they trying to accomplish with that?
Badbascom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #10
TRZ Motorsports
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian@afm View Post
The post above pretty well sums up my point of view as well.
x2!

www.trzmotorsports.com
ph. 407-933-7385 fax 407-933-7589
Dealers for: Strange, QA1, AFCO, Menscer, Santhuff, Double AA, Racecraft, Moser, Baer, Spaghetti Menders, Tim McAmis, etc...
Friend us (TRZ Motorsports) on Facebook!
TRZ Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
blown454ss
Pullin gears

x3
now tell everyone how you really feel
Old 06-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #12
Team Z
Smoked another BBC

All I can say is people pay me to run my parts but are paid to run someone else's stickers!
Team Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #13
408w
Spooled up

LOL!
408w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #14
fast88
Pullin gears

UPR sucks balls.

I am proud to state there is not 1 piece of that UPR junk on my car.

Brought to you by:

BES Racing Engines
fast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #15
nutz4sale
Pullin gears

WOW, I guess you guys have halped me make my decision about upr.
nutz4sale is offline   Reply With Quote