Costco Sells Bible as Fiction. Good for them. - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Political Corner

The Political Corner We will hash out political, religious and current events in this section.... Keep it constructive when posting!!

Old 11-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
WWJD4u
Smoked Another SBC

Default Costco Sells Bible as Fiction. Good for them.

Costco has its Bibles for sale with a large "Fiction" sticker on them. Yet some religious people are offended and actually think that stories of a great flood or walking on water are true tales.

You can believe in fairly tales, but when you insist they are true, you have become a delusional person.

There is no such thing as God. If you wish to believe there is, you are free to do so. But don't insist that everyone else has to live by your beliefs.

The only proof religious people have of God is to say, "the Bible says". But the Bible is fiction, so that is completely meaningless.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/11/18...-bible-fiction
WWJD4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
UnderPressure
Ice Cream Wolfpack
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Costco Sells Bible as Fiction. Good for them.

We need to give some of those stickers to Monty, so he can add them to the title of every thread you post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark O'Neal View Post
Rap is crap, and Macklemore makes Horndog look like George Wills.
UnderPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
WWJD4u
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
We need to give some of those stickers to Monty, so he can add them to the title of every thread you post.
Fuck off cunt.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Warchild
Spooled up

Question. If you don't believe wtf does it matter if someone else does?
Funny how the liberals love to preach tolerance, but only if they agree with them, other wise they'll ridicule, bully or attempt to legislate away any belief they disagree with.
To use a phrase I've seen here frequently, go shove a cactus up your ass. Seriously.
Warchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
UnderPressure
Ice Cream Wolfpack
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD4u View Post
Fuck off cunt.
you mad, sis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark O'Neal View Post
Rap is crap, and Macklemore makes Horndog look like George Wills.
UnderPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
Diesel power
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Costco has its Bibles for sale with a large "Fiction" sticker on them. Yet some religious people are offended and actually think that stories of a great flood or walking on water are true tales.

You can believe in fairly tales, but when you insist they are true, you have become a delusional person.

There is no such thing as God. If you wish to believe there is, you are free to do so. But don't insist that everyone else has to live by your beliefs.

The only proof religious people have of God is to say, "the Bible says". But the Bible is fiction, so that is completely meaningless.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/11/18...-bible-fiction

One day you will beg for forgivness before your Creator. if the Bible were not true it could not have predicted thousdands of years ahead of time every prophecy that happened.

Do the research, Our God is real. If you wish to live a fairy tale, dont force your ignorance on everyone else. You should read it one day, bet your views would change like millions of other readers...

God is real..http://www.toptenproofs.com/article_godsexistence.php

I'll pray for you!
2013 NHRDA National Pro stock champion
2013 NHRDA World Pro stock champion
2013 NHRDA Pro stock World record holder
"Honey Badger"
Fastest D- max diesel truck in the world 4.82 @ 152 1/8th 2800lbs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEzsM...vx38sW9Dkbi6zg

Last edited by Diesel power; 11-18-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Diesel power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
shelby1
Smoked another BBC

Well I see the village IDIOT is back........
Old 11-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
=V8=
Smoked Another SBC

I like how you preach live and let live then turn around and put people down for their beliefs …. Even when their beliefs have zero effect on your life.
=V8= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
WWJD4u
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel power View Post
One day you will beg for forgivness before your Creator. if the Bible were not true it could not have predicted thousdands of years ahead of time every prophecy that happened.

Do the research, Our God is real. If you wish to live a fairy tale, dont force your ignorance on everyone else. You should read it one day, bet your views would change like millions of other readers...

If you wish to believe that God is real, all the power to you. I think faith can actually be of benefit to a person.

However there is no evidence for a supreme being. But there is a lot of evidence that there are many members here, who are no better than the Taliban, when it comes to their understanding of Gods words.

The bible is a collection of analogies which preach moral conduct. Sadly religious groups have also inserted political BS into the bible to serve their purposes. These passages can usually be spotted by the fact that they contradict the golden rule.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #10
95PGTTech
Smoked another BBC

What's key here is the basic misunderstanding of fiction versus non-fiction. Fiction is not simply a fairy tale made up story. The key difference is do you have a factual basis to back up the story (can you prove or disprove it)?

http://www.criticalreading.com/fictionvnonfiction.htm

So if you are forced to file a Bible in, say, a library, the accurate of those two places would be to put it in the fiction section. But of course religious nutcases are going to scream bloody murder and turn it into a much bigger issue than it is.

Chris Reiser - 1998 Cobra - on the rotisserie

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...2&postcount=54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSguy View Post
Like most on here, I'm too stupid to do that.
95PGTTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #11
95PGTTech
Smoked another BBC

Quote:

I'll pray for you!
Please tell me you didn't just try to pass off a site that is trying to sell something as a credible source.

Chris Reiser - 1998 Cobra - on the rotisserie

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...2&postcount=54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSguy View Post
Like most on here, I'm too stupid to do that.
95PGTTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #12
WWJD4u
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by =V8= View Post
I like how you preach live and let live then turn around and put people down for their beliefs . Even when their beliefs have zero effect on your life.
Actually I do not put people down for their beliefs. I put the idea down that a certain religious group can demand that their point of view is the only point of view.

What if Costco had "the Druid Path" marked as Fiction, and Druids demanded that their faith be recognized. Then there is the Quran as well.

I truly wish there was a deity, which brought justice into the world. But it is up to man to ensure justice within his lifespan. If he doesn't, then he has lived as an abused slave, for an empty promise.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #13
Blaine B.
Today's Tom Sawyer
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
One day you will beg for forgivness before your Creator.
Which one? My mother or my father?
https://www.facebook.com/carvedimagination - Support a single mom by purchasing custom pressed metal art!
Blaine B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
Diesel power
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
If you wish to believe that God is real, all the power to you. I think faith can actually be of benefit to a person.

However there is no evidence for a supreme being. But there is a lot of evidence that there are many members here, who are no better than the Taliban, when it comes to their understanding of Gods words.

The bible is a collection of analogies which preach moral conduct. Sadly religious groups have also inserted political BS into the bible to serve their purposes. These passages can usually be spotted by the fact that they contradict the golden rule.

Funny thing....The Golden rule is NOT even in the Bible..Yes its amazing some of the drivel false teachings/religions have had on what people think of Bible beliveing Christians.

Christ (Son of God) is real, exactly 2013 years ago he was born.....Whats that tell you?
2013 NHRDA National Pro stock champion
2013 NHRDA World Pro stock champion
2013 NHRDA Pro stock World record holder
"Honey Badger"
Fastest D- max diesel truck in the world 4.82 @ 152 1/8th 2800lbs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEzsM...vx38sW9Dkbi6zg
Diesel power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #15
z289sec
Smoked Another SBC

You know, nearly all of the stories in the Bible have been told for years before they Bible says they happened....including the resurrection, the great flood.....etc. Many of which can be traced back as far as the Sumerians...4000 years earlier. So likely, most of them probably happened at one time. While others were just a primitive peoples way of dealing with what they saw. I just don't believe the Bible is the end all be all, and the first edition of any of it.

Most everyone would be just so much better off if non believers didn't care what believers thought and vice versa. Just because you don't believe the translated texts of someone from a couple thousand years ago, doesn't make you a bad person. As equally, just because you may believe every word in the Bible doesn't make you any better of a person than someone who doesn't.

Yeah, I stole it to use in my sig.
Stock suspension 67 Camaro
565 Conventional head BBC with single stage fogger on 275's
In the chassis shop at the moment.

Thanks to:

Texas Racewerks, Sanger, Texas

Nyes Automotive Racing Engines, Muncie, Indiana

FTI Converters and Transmissions, Deland, Florida

ACE Racing Transmissions, Garland ,Texas

Last edited by z289sec; 11-18-2013 at 10:37 PM.
z289sec is offline   Reply With Quote