GPS unit for theft recovery. - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 10-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
MercilessMike
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: GPS unit for theft recovery.

I can understand your defense as you SELL GPS units. Do you inform customers that the device they are trusting CAN be improvised ? That the age group that is probably stealing this stuff is COMPUTER savvy and not just a thug?

Locks -- have Lock picks

Chains -- have cutters

GPS/ CELL -- have jammers

So other than hiring an armed guard...what else would you suggest?

NOTHING is foolproof. Heck removing wheels and tires or placing a boot http://www.orange-traffic-cones.com/...LBOOTH12.htmlf
This is a visual that will tell potential thief, you need to spend time here to get the prize. AS you stated they are looking of a quick haul off.

Hitch Lock http://www.bigredlock.com/bigredlockview1.html

BTW, if you have a GPS/cell locator, why would you need the blockers? Just find it and remove it.

What if it is mounted in trailer ? Is the thief going to take time to get in trailer try to locate and disable or hitch and go ? Or pick up the signal, jam it and know he HAS to find it in near future.

But remember some ass hole thief probably doesn't have tools or equipment to break a lock or cut a chain or disable an alarm.

I Think you are missing the point. GPS / CELL CAN BE RENDERED USELESS. As my original post pointed out.
MercilessMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #17
68camaroturbo
Smoked another BBC

Garage

Well you seem a bit overeducated on gps jamming devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercilessMike View Post
Not all thieves are trailer trash ghetto people. NEWS FLASH , THIEVES have cell phones and tablets and weapons.

At first you stated, block my GPS I can use cell. both are defeated relatively easy as is finding GPS device.

It take 3 pieces of equipment.

GPS / CELL scanner. ( to see if a signal is broadcast and to locate location of device and thus deactivate it )

Our GPS detection devices are small, quick and sturdily built. Each one scans the surrounding area for common GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, and DCS frequencies, between 824 and 1980 MHz, reporting back to you exactly what it found through an LCD display on the front of the device. These GPS detection devices are anti-surveillance equipment at its finest! In a matter of minutes, you’ll know of any cell phones, GPS trackers, or hidden listening devices in your car, home or office.

Cell Jammer

he MT99X high power handheld cell phone jammer was designed by our factory especially for the latest 4G LTE WIMAX smart phones. This new jammer model represents the next generation of jamming technology. The jamming range is up to 15 metres.
The key features of this high class cell phone jammer are the ability to block 4G smart phones, including 4G LTE and 4G WIMAX.

GPS Jammer

GPS Jammer - ALL GPS Networks + the longest range available on the market, covers even an 18-wheeler.

So for under 1000.00 you have the "tools" 1k investment to steal a Tow Rig ,Trailer and race car is a drop in the bucket. The more informed people are the better they can prepare their defense and protect their valuables.
68camaroturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #18
douglas
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68camaroturbo View Post
Well you seem a bit overeducated on gps jamming devices
What I was thinking too..
douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #19
prost63vette
Smoked Another SBC

I bet 500 no one buys a gps tracker anyways how many posts does YB have on them do
Old 10-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #20
MercilessMike
Smoked Another SBC

Yep it is all TIN FOIL

Car thieves making clean getaway with GPS jammers

Car thief gangs have begun using imported GPS jammers to allow them to escape tracking technology.
Illicit kit imported into Europe from China operates on the same frequency as GPS satellites to drown out timing signals and confound in-car devices. Because of this in-vehicle systems are unable to either determine their position or report in to vehicle tracking centres in cases where cars or lorries registered with GPS-based tracking technology are stolen.

Vehicles "disappear from the radar" when the GPS jamming technology is deployed
, Professor David Last of the University of Wales at Bangor told The Guardian. Professor Last has acted as an expert witness for prosecutors in recent prosecutions involving the seizure of illegal GPS jamming kit.
GPS jammers also have the potential to drown out mobile signals locally, a factor that has reportedly been applied to stop truckers contacting the police in lorry heists in Germany, as well as other applications. Experts reckons some German motorists have used the devices in attempts to avoid GPS-based road charging, introduced for trucks in 2005.
Ownership of the technology is a legal grey area even though it is against the law in both the UK and Germany to either sell or use jamming devices. GPS satellite signals are low power, so jamming devices need not be powerful.
Bob Cockshott, a GPS expert who works for the Technology Strategy Board, a public sector body funded by the Department of Business, explained that a "jammer with an output of about 2 watts [can] swamp any signal from the GPS satellites over an area of a few metres".
More powerful jammers in the 20w range could potentially disrupt the GPS signals over a river estuary or at airports. The UK government has allocated a £2.2m grant to a consortium including Chronus Technology to build GPS-jamming detection systems, currently at the prototype stage of development.
Although the risk of GPS jamming has been understood for years, its misuse by crooks is far more recent, dating back perhaps only 18 months. "We need to make users of GPS aware of the threat," Cockshott told The Guardian.

Feds arrest rogue trucker after GPS jamming borks New Jersey airport test

A New Jersey truck driver is facing a fine of nearly $32,000 after leaving the GPS jammer he was using to dodge his bosses active during a visit to Newark, New Jersey's Liberty International Airport.
Gary Bojczak, then an employee of crushed-stone supplier Tilcon, was using a $100 GPS jammer plugged into the cigarette lighter in his company truck, and the FCC reports this was powerful enough to interfere with a new "ground-based augmentation system" being tested at the airport. The system uses GPS to help guide pilots on final approach to the runway.

After Bojczak parked near the ground station for the system, FAA staff noticed jamming in the restricted 1559 to 1610MHz band. Security staff with radio direction finders triangulated the interference as coming from a red Ford 150 pickup truck. When they questioned the driver, Bojczak admitted using the device and surrendered it immediately.
"Mr. Bojczak claimed that he installed and operated the jamming device to block the GPS-based vehicle-tracking system that his employer installed on the vehicle," the FCC said in a statement. "After the jammer was removed from the red Ford and turned off, the agent confirmed that the unauthorized signals had ceased."
More and more companies are tracking their vehicles via GPS to make sure the drivers aren't slacking off, but such systems are unpopular with the slackers, and can be jammed easily. Such GPS jammers are technically illegal in the US, but are freely available to purchase online and have proven to be a hit with car thieves.

Last edited by MercilessMike; 10-07-2013 at 04:12 PM.
MercilessMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #21
Paul Stud
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercilessMike View Post
I can understand your defense as you SELL GPS units. Do you inform customers that the device they are trusting CAN be improvised ? That the age group that is probably stealing this stuff is COMPUTER savvy and not just a thug?

Locks -- have Lock picks

Chains -- have cutters

GPS/ CELL -- have jammers

So other than hiring an armed guard...what else would you suggest?

NOTHING is foolproof. Heck removing wheels and tires or placing a boot http://www.orange-traffic-cones.com/...LBOOTH12.htmlf
This is a visual that will tell potential thief, you need to spend time here to get the prize. AS you stated they are looking of a quick haul off.

Hitch Lock http://www.bigredlock.com/bigredlockview1.html

BTW, if you have a GPS/cell locator, why would you need the blockers? Just find it and remove it.

What if it is mounted in trailer ? Is the thief going to take time to get in trailer try to locate and disable or hitch and go ? Or pick up the signal, jam it and know he HAS to find it in near future.

But remember some ass hole thief probably doesn't have tools or equipment to break a lock or cut a chain or disable an alarm.

I Think you are missing the point. GPS / CELL CAN BE RENDERED USELESS. As my original post pointed out.

If you are referring to me, of course we make them aware. It also helps that people who purchase any anti theft device for something high end aren't stupid.

All of us are trying to do the best we can to protect our investments, and honestly, aside from yourself, most people see GPS as the best option we have.

If you don't think they work, I would hope you have some experience with them actually not working.
Paul Stud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #22
s10randy
Pre-Staged

Build by racers for racers , this is what I'm going to go with. Advanced Wireless Technology you can check them out at : www.tommyjohnsonjr.com . Hope this helps you out.
s10randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #23
prost63vette
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10randy View Post
Build by racers for racers , this is what I'm going to go with. Advanced Wireless Technology you can check them out at : www.tommyjohnsonjr.com . Hope this helps you out.
much cheaper does the same shit lol Coban GPS tracker GPS104 with SOS,standby 50 days vehicle gps tracker
Old 10-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #24
Cashflow
Spooled up

Want the thief to go away? Go to this web site and look at their products. www.burglarbomb.com Foolproof? Of course not, but you ain't gonna be looking for this and if you buy the one that reloads it's gonna get you again if you go back in.

Works better in your home or shop but will work in a trailer too. You must have layered protection. One thing is not going to stop them, hopefully with enough stuff they will just go away.
Cashflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #25
Cashflow
Spooled up

One other quick question about the GPS jammer. Will it find a passive unit?
Cashflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #26
Paul Stud
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prost63vette View Post
Actually, that's last generation tech.

I would recommend going with something current and unlimited. You are really going to want constant monitoring, not pay as you go.

TJJ's are good, so are the ones I deal, as well as a few others. Honestly, I'm not a dickhead salesman, I would prefer everybody gets a good one regardless if it comes from me or not.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #27
Paul Stud
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashflow View Post
One other quick question about the GPS jammer. Will it find a passive unit?
A GPS jammer puts out radio noise at the same frequency GPS tries to use. It should work with passive units as well, almost certainly so because passive units typically have zero defenses built into the chipset.

As far as locating the source of GPS modules, passive units cannot be located. All they are doing is receiving, they never send anything out to be traced.

However, a passive unit for anti theft is very much useless. They are mainly for companies or people that want to see where something has been, not where it is. They receive telemetry, store it on board and the user downloads from the unit itself after it's made it's trip.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #28
whulade
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stud View Post
A GPS jammer puts out radio noise at the same frequency GPS tries to use. It should work with passive units as well, almost certainly so because passive units typically have zero defenses built into the chipset.

As far as locating the source of GPS modules, passive units cannot be located. All they are doing is receiving, they never send anything out to be traced.

However, a passive unit for anti theft is very much useless. They are mainly for companies or people that want to see where something has been, not where it is. They receive telemetry, store it on board and the user downloads from the unit itself after it's made it's trip.
I will admit that I have a ProLite and it makes me sleep better. Of course anything can be defeated if the thief wants it bad enough. However, I would be willing to bet 95% of the people stealing are just opportunists who will not invest money in jamming equipment. Maybe if they knew you had it they would get the jamming equipment or maybe they would just move to an easier target. This is very little money in the scheme of things so I will do all I can to try and protect my investment.
whulade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #29
WRIGHTRACING
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulade View Post
I will admit that I have a ProLite and it makes me sleep better. Of course anything can be defeated if the thief wants it bad enough. However, I would be willing to bet 95% of the people stealing are just opportunists who will not invest money in jamming equipment. Maybe if they knew you had it they would get the jamming equipment or maybe they would just move to an easier target. This is very little money in the scheme of things so I will do all I can to try and protect my investment.
Have you tested it and exactly how does it work?

WRIGHTRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #30
prost63vette
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stud View Post
Actually, that's last generation tech.

I would recommend going with something current and unlimited. You are really going to want constant monitoring, not pay as you go.

TJJ's are good, so are the ones I deal, as well as a few others. Honestly, I'm not a dickhead salesman, I would prefer everybody gets a good one regardless if it comes from me or not.
Paul post up the new units I want one I want one lol