Gm Techs please help - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 07-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Vader Ta
Procharged SBC Enthusiast
Smoked Another SBC

Default Gm Techs please help

Hey guys I have a 2009 Impala with 30,000 miles . Today I hit the remote to unlock the doors and get in the car and there is a clicking behind the dash . Feeling handy I open the glove box to try and find where the clicking is coming from . I put my hands on the actuators and find it is the fresh air door actuator . Well I see GM has there parts made in China now ( Great } so I go to the auto part store and buy a replacement actuator . It too is made in China . It works for a few tries and then it is doing the same thing, trying to turn the door long after it is closed . I can see the fresh air door opening and closing and it is not bound up . So my question is do these actuators have to be synchronized or should they just bolt in and work . It is not automatic climate control but it is dual zone that can be controlled with switches . What am I doing wrong and is there any procedure I am missing . I guess I could just put it to where the fresh air door is always open but with 30,000 miles I dont want to start rigging stuff already . Would at least like it to work like it should. Thanks for any help . For those that are going to tell me i should have bought a Ford

Old 07-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
wizz kid
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Gm Techs please help

yes thay have to be recalibrated .. in most cases you can unhook battery replace actuator and reconnect battery and the hvac control module will do a recal let me see if I can find some service info

Sorry my spelling and grammer sucks in advance you dont have to remind me i already know

Please like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/MRCC.Racing
wizz kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
WRIGHTRACING
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz kid View Post
yes thay have to be recalibrated .. in most cases you can unhook battery replace actuator and reconnect battery and the hvac control module will do a recal let me see if I can find some service info
Sounds like he could have done the same thing with the old one then

WRIGHTRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
WRIGHTRACING
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader Ta View Post
Hey guys I have a 2009 Impala with 30,000 miles . Today I hit the remote to unlock the doors and get in the car and there is a clicking behind the dash . Feeling handy I open the glove box to try and find where the clicking is coming from . I put my hands on the actuators and find it is the fresh air door actuator . Well I see GM has there parts made in China now ( Great } so I go to the auto part store and buy a replacement actuator . It too is made in China . It works for a few tries and then it is doing the same thing, trying to turn the door long after it is closed . I can see the fresh air door opening and closing and it is not bound up . So my question is do these actuators have to be synchronized or should they just bolt in and work . It is not automatic climate control but it is dual zone that can be controlled with switches . What am I doing wrong and is there any procedure I am missing . I guess I could just put it to where the fresh air door is always open but with 30,000 miles I dont want to start rigging stuff already . Would at least like it to work like it should. Thanks for any help . For those that are going to tell me i should have bought a Ford
Low miles for an '09....I used to put that many on my car a year, before I started trucking

WRIGHTRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
wizz kid
Smoked another BBC

Calibration ProcedureUse the following steps to perform the calibration update:
  1. Install a scan tool.
  2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  3. Select HVAC Control Module
  4. Select Special Functions
  5. Select recalibrate All Motors
  6. Select ON, wait 60 seconds.

Sorry my spelling and grammer sucks in advance you dont have to remind me i already know

Old 07-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
wizz kid
Smoked another BBC

it don't show any other way

Old 07-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
wizz kid
Smoked another BBC

there could be an internal module fault as well . there is no bulletins with the hvac system

Old 07-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
Vader Ta
Smoked Another SBC

Thanks guy's that was what I was thinking . Well It will save me from breaking more actuators . My friend has a tekII and said it is updated to 2010 so hopefully this is the issue and I can get it resolved . Thanks wizz kid !! Yes milage is low because my wife just uses it to go to and from work.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
Vader Ta
Smoked Another SBC

I took the GM actuator apart an there is just one tooth broken off the internal gears . Ran the new one not connected to the door and it ran for a good 40 seconds after the A/c and ignition were off .
Old 07-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #10
K I RACING
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Thanks guy's that was what I was thinking . Well It will save me from breaking more actuators . My friend has a tekII and said it is updated to 2010 so hopefully this is the issue and I can get it resolved . Thanks wizz kid !! Yes milage is low because my wife just uses it to go to and from work.

Are you sure its not the temp door acc making the noise? there 2 on the glove box side you changed the one all the way to the right is recert? I bet I changed about 200 of those suckers the drivers side temp is a home run labor wise.
usally on an impala you dont have to re calibrate . there all the same part number acc on that car.
K I RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
K I RACING
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
I took the GM actuator apart an there is just one tooth broken off the internal gears . Ran the new one not connected to the door and it ran for a good 40 seconds after the A/c and ignition were off .

your not suppose to do that
K I RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:02 PM   #12
stg1john
Pullin gears

Quote:
I see GM has there parts made in China now
You don't believe you're American car was actually manufactured here did you??

I-car platinum cert
stg1john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #13
Vader Ta
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by K I RACING View Post
your not suppose to do that
Yeah , but i figured it already is broken so I cant do much more damage . Really nothin inside that I saw would harm . It is a electric motor with a worm gear on the end and about three plastic gears . I heard dont run them not connected to the door but i dont see what it will hurt .
Old 07-31-2013, 11:12 PM   #14
Vader Ta
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by K I RACING View Post
Are you sure its not the temp door acc making the noise? there 2 on the glove box side you changed the one all the way to the right is recert? I bet I changed about 200 of those suckers the drivers side temp is a home run labor wise.
usally on an impala you dont have to re calibrate . there all the same part number acc on that car.
Right now I am confused with all of it, But there was no noise coming from the driver side. The two on the passenger side I put my hand on to see what one was clicking . It was the one all the way to the right side . Yes all the part #s are the same on the actuators .
Old 07-31-2013, 11:17 PM   #15
jamesc
Smoked another BBC

wouldnt it be nice if they would do away with half the useless crap in cars today. ATC, ABS and on and on. expensive, complicated, failure prone crap. give me a lever and a cable i can figure out what friggin temperature i want inside my car and if i want fresh air or not.
In the initial post you stated that you were a asshole and here you claim to be a douche bag. Now did you progress from asshole to douche bag or are you still claiming both titles? It is getting confusing!!!
jamesc is offline   Reply With Quote