Eric Cantor will propose Federal Law that Ends Overtime Pay for hourly workers - Page 5 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 02-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #61
bbnova
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Eric Cantor will propose Federal Law that Ends Overtime Pay for hourly workers

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasoutlaw89 View Post
But liberals are in favor of the working or middle class...right? Oh wait a minute
I love these republicans they want to break the middle class or the working poor
bbnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #62
JeffMcKC
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Eric Cantor will propose Federal Law that Ends Overtime Pay for hourly workers

When Obama has taken such good care of them. You guys do know you cant tax the rich or a Company, they just pass it down to the end user. ( that would be the Middle Class)

Still waiting on that Bill Number, from one of you Lefties all whipped up over this.
2007 Winner SB/NA Drag Week 9.98
Quickest Small Block N/A car on Drag Week as Taylor Swift would say EVER
Thanks Curtis @ RFD Heads and Intakes
http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com/
JeffMcKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #63
ctownflyer
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSWon02Z28 View Post
READ the bill....

Its not meant for eliminating overtime, it is to open some flexibility to employers and employees.

The bill is meant to allow flex time in FLSA non-exempt jobs. If youre in an FLSA non exempt roll, technically "comp-time" policies are illegal.
Liberals can't read,

Neither can Libertarians.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #64
kstanbach
Smoked another BBC

Federal Civil Servants can do that - I can do that - we can hold comp time for up to a year or we lose it; I might be off on the regulations for it though as only an idiot would take comp time over overtime pay. There are a lot of abusive managers that force employees to work extra hours and force them to take the time off on another day and it's legal; say, for example, forcing an employee to work extra hours on Friday and making them take off on a Tuesday. Really, it's a moronic system.
Recipient of the Army Service Ribbon.
kstanbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #65
10.5 Dave
TRT
Smoked Another SBC

In typical YB fashion the tards ramble on without reading the link

Last edited by 10.5 Dave; 02-26-2013 at 05:41 PM.
10.5 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #66
kstanbach
Smoked another BBC

Also, we can have comp time for up to a year, and can only use it at our manager's discretion. Once the year is up, poof, it's gone.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #67
Dom 332
Smoked another BBC

4speed390, you seem like a smart person, but you take that all away when you start with the name calling.i dont mean the political type name calling, i mean the name calling that you would not say around your mother.no one else went there with you, but you felt the need to go there. jmo
Dom 332 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #68
Dom 332
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstanbach View Post
Federal Civil Servants can do that - I can do that - we can hold comp time for up to a year or we lose it; I might be off on the regulations for it though as only an idiot would take comp time over overtime pay. There are a lot of abusive managers that force employees to work extra hours and force them to take the time off on another day and it's legal; say, for example, forcing an employee to work extra hours on Friday and making them take off on a Tuesday. Really, it's a moronic system.
you say "only an idiot would take comp time over overtime pay" i have a choice where i work. I take the Ot to a point, and after I reach that point if i would take any more OT in that pay period i would only be working for what seems like $5.00 an hour( never did the math to be sure) cause i would/will go into a different tax bracket for that pay period, so i take comp time after i get 30 hrs Ot (30 hours ot is 45 straight time hours) in a pay period.Yes i know i will get it back in my tax return the next year,, but i see no need for the IRS to hold my money for a year, It works for me.

Last edited by Dom 332; 02-26-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Dom 332 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #69
Brad54
Chasing my tail
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom 332 View Post
4speed390, you seem like a smart person, but you take that all away when you start with the name calling.i dont mean the political type name calling, i mean the name calling that you would not say around your mother.no one else went there with you, but you felt the need to go there. jmo
4speed390 doesn't like me because during the election I was able to show him repeatedly that Ron Paul is a hypocritical piece of shit, using RP's own website and mainstream media outlet news stories--NOT Fox, but New York Times, etc. etc.

Show someone's sacred cow to be nothing but a hypocritical hog at the pork-barrel trough, and they have nothing left but name-calling.

-Brad
Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #70
Mr. Hipster
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwill View Post
Because the right wing, Fox News, Breitbart, and Drudge ALWAYS check their facts before getting all wound up about things...
What a surprise you're from Seattle.
Mr. Hipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #71
MoparRacer89
Launchin

Whats the difference, I dont get paid for overtime hours already.
MoparRacer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #72
duece212
Pullin gears

Quote:
Is bedwetting liberal a political type name calling, sure hope so
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #73
Suicidal Racing
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
Just keep taking money out of our pockets. Already feeling the $360 more in taxes a month we lost with tax hikes.

They must not want to fix the economy
They are DUMB
its simple they think taxing will pump the economy up because they have more money to do what they think needs to be done to fix it..when really they will just waste it like they always do on stupid shit when really if we get taxed less we then have more money to buy things intern buying stuff from business then pumps more money into the economy..economy dont work an will not work out well when people have no money to spend on other shit beside food an bills..then as its well known business die off and jobs go because no one was buying products due to them not being able to afford the shit anymore seeing they are stuck living pay check to pay check..the gov thinks we are all rich an dont have to struggle i swear when more then half the pop lives pay check to pay check..fuckers have no clue and will never have a clue.

Suicidal Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #74
fishy340
Smoked another BBC

Ot what is this thing u call overtime? Must be something they had before obama care.
fishy340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #75
kstanbach
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
you say "only an idiot would take comp time over overtime pay" i have a choice where i work. I take the Ot to a point, and after I reach that point if i would take any more OT in that pay period i would only be working for what seems like $5.00 an hour( never did the math to be sure) cause i would/will go into a different tax bracket for that pay period, so i take comp time after i get 30 hrs Ot (30 hours ot is 45 straight time hours) in a pay period.Yes i know i will get it back in my tax return the next year,, but i see no need for the IRS to hold my money for a year, It works for me.
Idiot was a poor choice of words; however, I would simply work up to that point of a different tax bracket and then stop if it were me.