Scam or no Scam??? - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 02-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
1badcamaro
Launchin

Default Scam or no Scam???

I got in an accident this past weekend and this is how it went. I was just about to enter an intersection and there was a car ahead of me, the car ahead of me was about 20' from the light when it turned yellow (we were doing about 50mph) she tapped the brakes then let off hit the gas for a second and then slammed her brakes again. Needless to say I slammed on my brakes in my lifted jeep and got down to about 10mph before my jeep was trying to climb over her car. There is no damage on my jeep what so ever (not even the air bags) but it did do a good job on her car due to the different heights of the bumpers and me hitting her right in the trunk area. The police showed up, I got a ticket, the two 19-20yo girls refused medical and were walking around laughing taking pics to send to their friends. I was on the phone with 911 and they asked me to see if the other people were hurt or not so it's on tape me asking them if they were hurt or not and they both said they were not hurt. Fast forward to today I get a call from my insurance company and they are telling me both girls went to the ER and are now claiming injuries.

They live about an hour away from where it happened and the officer said they could drive the car home but they said there father was coming and they were going to wait for him. I drove back by in my jeep an hour later and they were still sitting there. They could not have been that hurt.

FDR Fat Daddy Racing
02 Z28 Stock internals,
Moser 12-bolt with 3.73's,
H/C, LT's, FTI-4000, built 4L60E, Nitrous,
10.2xx @ 129 / 1.34 60'
06 Jeep Wrangler on 35's
02 Busa with a little spray. SLOW
1badcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Big Angry Hillbilly
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Scam or no Scam???

I hope that your insurance company knows your Jeep is lifted, even though it is only 4", a friend of mine went through this about a year or so ago, insurance company ended up dropping his Super Duty because it had a FabFours front bumper/winch on it and it's not factory installed, so the vehicle is considered "modified".

I'm thinking pappy had some input as to the "you better go to the hospital and be 'hurt'" camp - if they were still sitting there an hour later I would think they couldn't have been that seriously injured.

I would get some documentation, police report showing time of collision as well as what time they actually checked into the hospital, and possibly something showing they refused medical treatment at the scene.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
mrhockey
Smoked Another SBC

Of course it's a scam. This is America! I had the same thing happen driving a company truck. She was fine at the scene, next thing you know she ended up at the hospital, we were served with insurance crap about it. I fought my citation for not stopping soon enough and showed up in court, she didn't, and the whole thing went away.
LUCAS OIL / QUICK FUEL / ATI / M&M COMPETITION ENGINES / BMS RACING ENGINES / SMITH BROTHERS PUSHRODS / TOTAL SEAL / BOCCELLAS AUTO / JESEL / MICKEY THOMPSON / NGK SPARK PLUGS / CLARK INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY / DJ SAFETY / MOROSO

DEALER FOR;
JESEL
ACTION CAM NX
DJ SAFETY

HOLESHOT WHEELS
GZ MOTORSPORTS VACUUM PUMPS

NICKELS PERFORMANCE WAREHOUSE
WWW.MARSCHANMOTORSPORTS.COM
mrhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
ChutesInYaFace475
POLK High Bitch.....
Smoked Another SBC

If you have to ask.........

S&W40 w/extendo........cause I don't know karate
ChutesInYaFace475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
nichols92
Pullin gears

Just trying to get a buck. I had the exact same thing happen to me. Lady on a motorcycle in from of me, light turned yellow, she hit the gas and then grabbed a handful of brake. I was pulling my trailer behind my Tahoe...hit her just hard enough for her to stumble with it but it did end up falling over, she never hit the ground. Every cop in the area showed up including a fire engine. She was fine and refused medical and the only issue with her bike was a scratch/ding in the fender and a scratch on her highway peg. She got on her bike and rode away. We agreed that I would just pay for the damages instead of getting insurance involved. I was not issued a ticket and I don't even know if they ever did an actual report. Two days later she calls and says she is having her bike towed into the dealer because she doesn't think it's safe to ride and recommends I talk to my insurance because "that's what insurance is for", so I do. Got curious about two weeks later so I walk into the dealer and I see her bike completely ripped apart and the service writer jokes that it was "damaged" in an accident and the lady is now building a custom bike. New pipes, rims, bars, saddle bags (which it didn't have before), full custom paint, etc...all of which my insurance paid for. I was beyond annoyed but I was at fault so I let it go. About a month after that she calls and says she hasn't been able to return to work and wants money from me because my insurance and hers have denied her claims. My response was "well that's what insurance is for" and hung up.

So I would say it isn't a scam but they are looking to pay for a little college or buy themselves a nice purse.

Last edited by nichols92; 02-25-2013 at 12:09 PM.
nichols92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Big Angry Hillbilly
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChutesInYaFace475 View Post
If you have to ask.........
That was my first thought.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
Busa$pit
Launchin

Just a thought, if they were even a little sore later they might of went to the ER just incase. You know if they didnt go to the ER and they did have a real problem later due to crash the insurance company would screw them over and not pay for it.

Or the fuckers are just looking for some free cash.
Busa$pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #8
Paul2281
Smoked another BBC

They will end up getting your policy limits for injury`s....10/10/20 is probably your limits????Lawyer will get a 1/3 and they`ll get probably $7500 and have to pay their bills from that I guess...Yep,like someone else said,this is America.....
Paul2281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #9
10.5 Dave
TRT
Smoked Another SBC

There is nothing you can do about it so don't worry..........avoid rear ending people in the future.
10.5 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
jasonvanorder
Official Cactus Dealer
Smoked Another SBC

First hings first get a copy of the 911 tape and see if you can hear them saying they are ok. If you can then i dont really see where they would have a case. Also as said try and get copies of when the accident happened and that they refused treatment. I bet it will be impossible to see when they went to the hospital but its worth a try there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Slowmopar View Post
Stealing a comment from a memberfor a Sig line ? Is this an acceptable thing to do, or a chickenshit thing to do?
jasonvanorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
10.5 Dave
TRT
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonvanorder View Post
First hings first get a copy of the 911 tape and see if you can hear them saying they are ok. If you can then i dont really see where they would have a case. Also as said try and get copies of when the accident happened and that they refused treatment. I bet it will be impossible to see when they went to the hospital but its worth a try there too.
All of that stuff means nothing........It is all trumped with a simple explanation that pain developed a few hours after the crash.

I have lawyer and doctor friends that know how to work the system and milk every dollar possible out of ins companies....workers comp...etc.......some make 500k a year or better doing it
10.5 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
CrAsHmAsTer
Pullin gears

They were probaly posting pics on facebook admitting there guilt. You know how stupid kids are now and days.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
garychios
Pullin gears

I just wrecked a NYC gypsy cab with my lifted diesel f250. I wrecked the pile of crap that cut me off. Needless to say, Geico did the right thing. Fixed everything and was all minor cosmetic. Got all new shiny parts and that just bolted right up. No paint whatsoever!!

http://miperformance.com
garychios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
1badcamaro
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.5 Dave View Post
There is nothing you can do about it so don't worry..........avoid rear ending people in the future.

The insurance company said not to worry about getting any of the 911 tapes or anything and not to worry they will handle everything. Then they said it is Florida it happens all the time.

The officer was laughing when he looked at my jeep and he told me there is a little page in his book that says you cant park you jeep in other peoples trunks. I told him I beg to differ!

FDR Fat Daddy Racing
02 Z28 Stock internals,
Moser 12-bolt with 3.73's,
H/C, LT's, FTI-4000, built 4L60E, Nitrous,
10.2xx @ 129 / 1.34 60'
06 Jeep Wrangler on 35's
02 Busa with a little spray. SLOW
1badcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
TurboTGuy
Smoked another BBC

You're fucked because you hit them from behind.

All you can do is let the isurance companies fight it out.
TurboTGuy is offline   Reply With Quote