Slugs with a shotgun question, - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns

The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns TREE HUGGERS NOT WELCOME!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #31
ssdeuce
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Slugs with a shotgun question,

the thing to remember is you do not shoot rifled slugs through a rifled barrel they'll go everywhere. i prefer a rifled barrel and a sabot slug ,winchester supreme 380gr has never let me down. dropped 2 deer in there tracks at 120+ yds. i dont mind power and big holes i live on a farm so i have some distance to still drop someone on my property.

R.I.P. COOPS
ssdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #32
kelly andersen
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdeuce View Post
the thing to remember is you do not shoot rifled slugs through a rifled barrel they'll go everywhere. i prefer a rifled barrel and a sabot slug ,winchester supreme 380gr has never let me down. dropped 2 deer in there tracks at 120+ yds. i dont mind power and big holes i live on a farm so i have some distance to still drop someone on my property.
What are you talking about????? Learn before you speak !!! A rifled barrel is made to shoot slugs more accurately not the oposite. dont give false info on stuff you know nothing about,120 yards is a long damn shot with a slug,with a rifled barrel yes,with a smooth bore,thats a ways beyond its accurate range. read up or get some hands on experience before giving bad advice.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #33
140HORSE
Launchin

Garage

I dont think you are understanding what he is saying. A rifled slug, which is meant to be shot through a smooth bore because the slug itself has grooves and lands to make it spin down the barrel, is not supposed to be shot out of a rifled slug barrel. And, 120 yard is really not out of the reach of a smooth bore with good sights. Its not uncommon to see 5inch or less groups at 100yds with rifled slugs and smooth bores.
140HORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #34
kelly andersen
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 140HORSE View Post
I dont think you are understanding what he is saying. A rifled slug, which is meant to be shot through a smooth bore because the slug itself has grooves and lands to make it spin down the barrel, is not supposed to be shot out of a rifled slug barrel. And, 120 yard is really not out of the reach of a smooth bore with good sights. Its not uncommon to see 5inch or less groups at 100yds with rifled slugs and smooth bores.
You need to go to school also,what makes you think you cant shoot slugs form a rifled barrel???? Its called a slug barrel for a reason,for Gods sakes people,do some research,120 yards with a smooth barrel is a stupid shot, I've spent my whole life shooting slugs,go to a range and do some actual shooting with proven measured yardages and tell me how accurate your smoothbore will be,your going to be surprised.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #35
140HORSE
Launchin

Garage

You CAN shoot slugs through a rifled barrel. Are you fucking retarded? There is 2 different types of slugs, 1. Rifled slugs, which are meant to be shot through a smooth bore, and can be accurate to over 100yds. 2.sabot slugs which are meant to be shot through a rifled slug barrel, which can be accurate to over 200yds. Slow the fuck down and actually read what we are trying to explain
Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #36
ssdeuce
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly andersen View Post
What are you talking about????? Learn before you speak !!! A rifled barrel is made to shoot slugs more accurately not the oposite. dont give false info on stuff you know nothing about,120 yards is a long damn shot with a slug,with a rifled barrel yes,with a smooth bore,thats a ways beyond its accurate range. read up or get some hands on experience before giving bad advice.
wow get educated in the real world, rifled barrel and rifle slug dont work unless the rifling would match 100% and i still wouldn't trust it. i have seen it with my dads 870. my mossberg 500 with a x4 scope will reach 150 no problem. hell my .50 muzzel loader open sites flipped an elk at 120+ trotting away, i will admit i put it on he's antler tips and got lucky but still my best shot to date.

R.I.P. COOPS
Old 01-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #37
ssdeuce
Smoked Another SBC

go shoot brenneke rifled slugs through a rifled barrel see what happens, it tumbles the slugs.

R.I.P. COOPS
Old 01-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #38
ssdeuce
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
you get it partner, 100yds is nothing for open sites and a good shooter. sounds like one of the anti gun peps spoutin off without fact.

R.I.P. COOPS
Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #39
kelly andersen
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
You CAN shoot slugs through a rifled barrel. Are you fucking retarded? There is 2 different types of slugs, 1. Rifled slugs, which are meant to be shot through a smooth bore, and can be accurate to over 100yds. 2.sabot slugs which are meant to be shot through a rifled slug barrel, which can be accurate to over 200yds. Slow the fuck down and actually read what we are trying to explain
Really???? Like I said, take a gun out and do some shooting,you obviously have no clue,you do know then that a sabot slug does not even touch the barrel since its in a plastic cup,so explain to me what good a rifled barrel does with one. Our group has shot thousands of rounds of slugs at shoots thru both kinds of barrels,200 yards,I would bet a paycheck you couldnt judge 200 yards,you'd be surprised how far it actually is, we hear guys all the time bragging about long shots,in reality the range isnt even half what they think it is,to be accurate with a big slug at 200 yards you'd need no wind and perfect conditions,go do some actual shooting instead of what you've read.And yop, I'm a retard, but I bet I'm a retard who has shot thousands of more slugs than you have.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #40
140HORSE
Launchin

Garage

Well I'm done arguing with someone as dumb as you. So a sabot slug doesn't even touch the barrel huh? I cant wait til everyone reads this one, HAHAHA! Get ready, cuz its gonna be good
Old 01-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #41
kelly andersen
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdeuce View Post
you get it partner, 100yds is nothing for open sites and a good shooter. sounds like one of the anti gun peps spoutin off without fact.
Yeah, anti gun,thats me,instead of talking bullshit and bragging, go do some real shooting at true yardage and then come tell us how you really did. Shot at his antler tips,sounds like a true sportsman,lets see if we can wound him and let him suffer with a .50 cal.bullet in him, your the worst kind of hunter,do you take sound shots also????
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #42
ssdeuce
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Really???? Like I said, take a gun out and do some shooting,you obviously have no clue,you do know then that a sabot slug does not even touch the barrel since its in a plastic cup,so explain to me what good a rifled barrel does with one. Our group has shot thousands of rounds of slugs at shoots thru both kinds of barrels,200 yards,I would bet a paycheck you couldnt judge 200 yards,you'd be surprised how far it actually is, we hear guys all the time bragging about long shots,in reality the range isnt even half what they think it is,to be accurate with a big slug at 200 yards you'd need no wind and perfect conditions,go do some actual shooting instead of what you've read.And yop, I'm a retard, but I bet I'm a retard who has shot thousands of more slugs than you have.

wow easy partner, try what i told you to do maybe you'll learn something and be a better sooter for it, i shoot plenty and never site my shotgun in under 100yds a destroy the bullseye. i have hit the bullseye at 150 with slight compensating. what barrel are you using. if you do not get our results then i'm sorry you need to adjust your shooting or get a better gun.

R.I.P. COOPS
Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #43
kelly andersen
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Well I'm done arguing with someone as dumb as you. So a sabot slug doesn't even touch the barrel huh? I cant wait til everyone reads this one, HAHAHA! Get ready, cuz its gonna be good
Does shot in a cup touch the barrel dumbass???? Same with a sabot,its in a plastic sleeve,so no it does not come in contact with the barrel,but the sleeve or cup does.You are clueless
Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #44
ssdeuce
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Yeah, anti gun,thats me,instead of talking bullshit and bragging, go do some real shooting at true yardage and then come tell us how you really did. Shot at his antler tips,sounds like a true sportsman,lets see if we can wound him and let him suffer with a .50 cal.bullet in him, your the worst kind of hunter,do you take sound shots also????
i'm sorry you are right i should have finished that story, the elk was already hit, thats why i said trotting not running, and we were trying to get him down before he crested the mountain which we did. it was just another example of a sabot slug going the distance. elk can go long distance hurt you have to get an extra shot in if you can so he doesn't get away. we shot one 4 times in vital area and it stood there for a few minutes before falling. lucky when i shot mine it was 1 and done, stumbled and fell.

R.I.P. COOPS

Last edited by ssdeuce; 01-22-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #45
140HORSE
Launchin

Garage

The slug is incased in the sabot, so when the sabot goes down the barrel and is spun by the lands and grooves, the slug inside is also spun. OK, now im done for real