Pittsburgh Raceway Park 2013 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 12-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
thrasher
Smoked another BBC

Default Pittsburgh Raceway Park 2013

Pittsburgh Raceway Park just got a new Lease on life with a new multi year deal being just inked.

Please check out the new website for the details at http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com

Its awesome news considering we may have been forced to drive 2 or 3 hrs to race if the track would have closed.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
COOK E
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Pittsburgh Raceway Park 2013

I had no idea you guys had were close to losing the track. Have always had a good time there. Wish it wasn't 3 hrs to get there.

It's your lie sir, Tell it how you want it....
Old 12-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
bgblockelcamino
Pullin gears

is this the same greg miller that was manager a few years back? Glad to see it change hand hopefully see some new energy into the facility. The tedesco's did a lot of improvements since the old Keystone days. Looking forward to see what Greg has in store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Im so glad I dont live anywhere near Holly Springs. Everything I have including my lawn mower would be blown up.
bgblockelcamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
shawnp
Launchin

Greg did a decent job putting a program together at Quaker City. His track prep was outstanding each week and the between round prep was good. The only problem was lack of motivation to get cars down the track. His time management skills were very poor. Rare to start on time, hurry to the lanes to not get down the track and a lot of downtime during eliminations. Maybe if he is signing paychecks and having to absorb the cost per hour from his own pocket he will quickly change the old habit. One thing for certain, PRP has a great racing surface. I believe some of the employees have worked with Greg before so it has all the tools to be a great success. Good luck to you all on 2013.
Vickers Transmissions
shawnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
alteredbob
Pullin gears

This is great!!! Hope greg and crew have a great 2013 season!!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
nitrous_mike
Pullin gears

Thats good hopefully I can make it there this up coming season .

The 818cid 140mm Club: Click It and Cruise

Only shortcoming I have in life is being able to whoop everyones ass with only 24 hours in day. So much ass to whoop, so little time.

Swamp lands of West TN will always be home.
nitrous_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
COOK E
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnp View Post
Greg did a decent job putting a program together at Quaker City. His track prep was outstanding each week and the between round prep was good. The only problem was lack of motivation to get cars down the track. His time management skills were very poor. Rare to start on time, hurry to the lanes to not get down the track and a lot of downtime during eliminations. Maybe if he is signing paychecks and having to absorb the cost per hour from his own pocket he will quickly change the old habit. One thing for certain, PRP has a great racing surface. I believe some of the employees have worked with Greg before so it has all the tools to be a great success. Good luck to you all on 2013.
Very well put. Example. When you have 400 cars on regular night, starting late. I don't find it necessary to give 2 time trials, dial for dollars and offer buy backs. Meanwhile the dew has set in before 2nd rd. that was baffling.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
thrasher
Smoked another BBC

Shawn I think you may have a Misconception when you make statements about poor time management at the track.

Often delays are caused due computer issues and car calling to the tower, and Track surface maintenance.

Every time Greg has been in a track Manager position the car counts has grown considerably for a reason. And after he's gone it shrinks and the track begins to be in trouble.

The racers from PRP are very gratefull to have Greg Miller step up and secure a place for us to continue race in the W. Pa. area.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
shawnp
Launchin

Never said mismanaged. I said time management. I fully understand a computer, track or equipment issue but the majority of race days never started as scheduled, like 30 mins or later. When you start at 3, really no excuse to be late almost weekly like that. Bader puts 400 down his track each week. When he says 9am you are on track at 9am. If not, he atleast announces why and when you will be on track. As for calling cars, as a track manager he should handle issues if the employees can't get them in the lanes and down track. Like I said, his program structure was good and he did deal well with people. As for car count, it did drop. Guys were not into racing after midnight Fridays and again on Saturdays but his program structure and payouts did bring back people who gave the place a second chance.
Vickers Transmissions
Old 12-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
61-4SPEED
Smoked Another SBC

dont know greg, but im glad someone else will be running the track. maybe the same 6 people WONT win every week

THANKS TO:

JK CUSTOM FABRICATION
NEW EAGLE PA
61-4SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
Bidge
Spooled up

I believe that 98% of the people who have raced at any track that Greg has managed will agree with Pink!
Bidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #12
COOK E
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidge View Post
I believe that 98% of the people who have raced at any track that Greg has managed will agree with Pink!
I did like the start time for eliminations being posted as opposed to just saying tt at 1, racing to follow. Not one that cares awhole lot Bout tt, just if one has to work a half day or the morning, then has. A 2 hour drive to a track, he ain't going to go to a track where he may have missed 1st rd at 3-4pm. He's going to go where he guarantee his as on making it in time.
Hopefully the current mgmt at qc changes this for next year.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
thrasher
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnp View Post
Never said mismanaged. I said time management. I fully understand a computer, track or equipment issue but the majority of race days never started as scheduled, like 30 mins or later. When you start at 3, really no excuse to be late almost weekly like that. Bader puts 400 down his track each week. When he says 9am you are on track at 9am. If not, he atleast announces why and when you will be on track. As for calling cars, as a track manager he should handle issues if the employees can't get them in the lanes and down track. Like I said, his program structure was good and he did deal well with people. As for car count, it did drop. Guys were not into racing after midnight Fridays and again on Saturdays but his program structure and payouts did bring back people who gave the place a second chance.

Shawn do you even Race ???
Old 12-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
shawnp
Launchin

Yep. Doubel with nephew on occassion. And you? Got a name or just another anonymous keyboard jockey?
Vickers Transmissions
Old 12-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #15
COOK E
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Shawn do you even Race ???
I think I just LMAO....