anyone own a polaris rzr? - Page 4 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 11-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #46
racer4015
Burnout box

Default Re: anyone own a polaris rzr?

I race sxs's and the 570 has as much power as the 800 and is 10 times easier to work on and has less problems than the 800. I have never been beat by a 800, and have been racing it all year. Plus it is cheaper.
racer4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #47
Jp outlaw
peanut hunter!!!
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
I have a friend who has four razors. One is a stretched 900 (stretched to a 4 seater), another a 2 seater 900, and a narrower 800. He test drove the 570 and said it has just as much power as the 800. I think that will be his next purchase. He pretty much never uses the 2 seater because the 4 seater he stretched rides so damn good (I've driven both of his 900's and agree the 4 seater is just so predictable). The down side to the 900's is the width. Where we live, they are not trail legal (riding in the mountains) and since that's 85% of what my friend does, he will most likely purchase a 570 to use specifically for that.

CanAm makes bad ass four wheelers, so this new unit they have coming out may be a game changer in the market. I haven't heard good things about the Arctic Cat 1000's.

I had a nasty built 1040cc artic cat 4-wheeler, the motor was great once I sorted it out but the drivetrain won't handle it. Traded it on a new outlander max limited, couldn't be happier.

Got a big full custom old-school honda that I'm gonna part with and pick-up a side-x-side for the wifey/daughter.
www.outlawtenfiveracing.com
www.transmission-specialties.com
25.4 '85 notchback for sale; roller or turn-key
Jp outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #48
ttypewe4jim
Smoked another BBC

Have they improved the roll cages? I know when they first came out they would just fold/bend under a mild roll over... I want one but I still think they sell for WAY to much money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC View Post
Dont be a chump, cover your stump before you hump.

ttypewe4jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #49
Stewed_tomatoes
Hakuna Matata
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplecrown View Post
Is the engines in the 800 and 900 razers the same platform as whats in the 850xp 4-wheeler?
No. The 800 is a ohv twin. The 850 is a SOHC 4valve twin on a 270* crank. The 570-900 are DOHC 4 valves, bucket and shim. 900 is a twin and the 570 is a single and share design features. The 570 with a more aggressive tune makes more power than the 800 and is detuned via the ECU according to our rep.

You people arguing cost are missing the bigger picture. Where does it say that the Government can force a citizen to purchase anything?
Stewed_tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #50
1slow346
Smoked another BBC

Garage

I have a XP900. A buddy bought a 2009 RZR800 and rode it and had a blast. Had to go out and buy myself one. Went to the local dealer to buy one and they were just assembling a 900. They said if I stuck around a hour or so I could see what the 900 was all about. I didn't think 100cc would make that much difference so I was still picking out my 800 S on the floor, then they got that done and let me take it for a ride, and mind = blown. I couldn't believe how different it was. This MF'er ROLLS the fuck out. I've had it a little over a year now and love it. It does everything I want it to, and more. I drive the fuck out of it too, drive it to get gas for the tractors, grab a bite to eat, whatever.

If you have the cash I'd spring for the 900 unless you do a lot of trail riding. These fuckers are like the size of a Wrangler where as the 800 is MUCH smaller and narrower.

This is it on a 16' trailer to get a size idea of the XP 900.

www.weldracing.com
1slow346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #51
wheelsup69
Pullin gears

wheelsup69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #52
wheelsup69
Pullin gears

Click on this link for a video and side by side information.

http://youtu.be/3zt8PwSp2KQ

wheelsup69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #53
jake2582
Pullin gears

i have a 2012 800s lifted, love it. i know prolly 10 ppl with them personally. they love them.. but they are JUNK!!! tons of fun though. axles, wheel bearings, hubs, suspension parts... not to mention they have beer can frames
jake2582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #54
coyote52
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by that national View Post
ive been thinking about picking one up, how do you like it? do you have the 800 or 900?
I bought one in 2010, made frt. and rear bumpers, a rack over the hood that raised up to access the frt. compartment, rear widow with panel enclosing the lower part airtight, made a windshield, put rearview mirrow in it and a heater, full doors with automotive type latchs. Done all that and sold it in 10 months because we was'nt useing it. What a dumb move
coyote52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #55
cw_mi
Launchin

I've got a standard '09 RZR. Added a clutch kit,aftermarket shocks and aftermarket muffler (waste of money) and some other bolt on accessories. We usually ride two tracks and snowmobile/ATV trails here in MI. It is mostly for my wife and daughter , they love it and have no complaints. Of course the two or three times I use it , I find it could have WAY more HP and a bit more suspension travel. Then again I usually have it WFO if I'm by myself, they usually putz thru the trails at 30-35mph. Yesterday on a ride I GPS's it at 60mph in some hardpack trail. It has gone 65 without the full windshield in. My problem is it just takes too long to get their. I've really started thinking hard about upgrading to the 900 but didn't realize it was that much larger in size. I just hate having to run my 800 wide open most of the time. Sounds like for my application the 800 would be a better choice than the 900 but then again when HP and common sense come up in my mind , HP always wins !

cw_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #56
1slow346
Smoked another BBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw_mi View Post
I've got a standard '09 RZR. Added a clutch kit,aftermarket shocks and aftermarket muffler (waste of money) and some other bolt on accessories. We usually ride two tracks and snowmobile/ATV trails here in MI. It is mostly for my wife and daughter , they love it and have no complaints. Of course the two or three times I use it , I find it could have WAY more HP and a bit more suspension travel. Then again I usually have it WFO if I'm by myself, they usually putz thru the trails at 30-35mph. Yesterday on a ride I GPS's it at 60mph in some hardpack trail. It has gone 65 without the full windshield in. My problem is it just takes too long to get their. I've really started thinking hard about upgrading to the 900 but didn't realize it was that much larger in size. I just hate having to run my 800 wide open most of the time. Sounds like for my application the 800 would be a better choice than the 900 but then again when HP and common sense come up in my mind , HP always wins !

Where in Michigan are you? I have a cottage up on Wolf Lake in the Manistee forest area, where there are hundreds of off road trails. I can run my 900 wide open through a lot of them, since most of them were made for anything from snowmobiles to full size Wranglers. Go to your dealer and test drive a 900, you won't leave without one. I thought the 800 was fun until I test drove a 900, and went right back inside and signed papers lol. Twice the power, even though mine is governed around 72-74mph, it gets there in no time at all. And that's with a windshield and roof and my 280lb ass in it.

www.weldracing.com
1slow346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #57
1970Splitbumper
Pullin gears

I've gotta '12 XP900 Liquid Silver and love it. About $1500 worth of stereo, top, winch and windshield and we have a blast riding.
1970Splitbumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #58
MIGHTY6
Launchin

I test drove a 900 and it was pretty quick. I couldnt image one with a turbo kit on it 130hp!
MIGHTY6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #59
cw_mi
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow346 View Post
Where in Michigan are you? I have a cottage up on Wolf Lake in the Manistee forest area, where there are hundreds of off road trails. I can run my 900 wide open through a lot of them, since most of them were made for anything from snowmobiles to full size Wranglers. Go to your dealer and test drive a 900, you won't leave without one. I thought the 800 was fun until I test drove a 900, and went right back inside and signed papers lol. Twice the power, even though mine is governed around 72-74mph, it gets there in no time at all. And that's with a windshield and roof and my 280lb ass in it.
Wolf lake over by Muskegon ? I didn't know there where trails over there. I am on Gaylanta lake, just north of Lewistion. If your a golfer I'm about 10 miles north of Garland golf course. I'm sure you drive the same type of trails we do and the added size of the 900 doesn't seem to be a problem ? I'd have to figure out a way to get it in my enclosed, my current 800 clears the top of the door by a 1/2"
I know if I test drive one it's all over ...
cw_mi is offline   Reply With Quote