A2W Intercooler - Couple questions - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Turbo Charged - Blitzkrieg Motorsports

Turbo Charged - Blitzkrieg Motorsports

Old 11-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #31
4jenna
Pullin gears

Default Re: A2W Intercooler - Couple questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangguy269 View Post
Goto a A/W and you WILL spend some $$$ fittings, hoses, re-do piping, the intercooler, water tank, pump.......
This is why I still have the cheap A2A on mine, but run E85

"Helping Children and Familes in a Time of Need"
4jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #32
Gt-358
Pullin gears

Quote:
Your HYD roller cam is 260@.050??? A good solid roller designed for you're set up. Get rid of lock up in 3rd

Yes, the Hyd roller is 260@.050.

I'm still torn on the lockup, it's working so why change? Picking up 32+ from 1/8 to 1/4. I think the problem right now is it's to loose on the 1-2 shift. The RPMs are dropping only ~800 rpms and ride the converter for a little bit before climbing again.

Quote:
Goto a A/W and you WILL spend some $$$ fittings, hoses, re-do piping, the intercooler, water tank, pump.......
Yeah, I know there will be fitting costs etc. I got a decent hookup on those parts, so thats not to much of an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie View Post
PT-1000 will get it done...you can have the E85!
Sup Dan The PT-1000 would be nice, but the price is up there isn't it? Shoot me a price on one. Can it be ordered with the inlet and outlet facing opposite sides?

Not a fan of the E85 'eh? The price/performance of it seems to be worth a shot. I can get it at the pump here. Though I've been looking to where to buy it by the drum so it's more consistent blend and cheaper.
Gt-358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #33
Stangguy269
Smoked another BBC

Wow! I hope you have way more than 160 on the seat with that cam and have a light weight valve train. 7mm valves, 1.300" springs, Ti retainers and heavy push rods.
I can tell you the 334 is only in the 230's @.050 with a TLSR and has been 9.3@149 on 17's a PT-78 and 16-17 psi boost. Same type if head you have.

800 drop on the shift is right, just need it to do the same on the 2-3 also.

Sounds like you made up you're mind, let us know how it works out.
Errol@TPS- #1 ProEfi support
Wild Bill Devine B.E.P. - turbos and customer service
TurboSmart waste gates + B.O.V's
Precision Chassis - top notch chassis work
Baker Engineering- custom oil pans, engines, tuning
Tubing Jon- get all you aluminum tubing here

2X True Street SuperBowl Winner

Stangguy269 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #34
Gt-358
Pullin gears

Quote:
Wow! I hope you have way more than 160 on the seat with that cam and have a light weight valve train. 7mm valves, 1.300" springs, Ti retainers and heavy push rods.
I can tell you the 334 is only in the 230's @.050 with a TLSR and has been 9.3@149 on 17's a PT-78 and 16-17 psi boost. Same type if head you have.

800 drop on the shift is right, just need it to do the same on the 2-3 also.

Sounds like you made up you're mind, let us know how it works out.
Ok, why do I need all the valve train parts you listed? Car has been running this setup (I did change from the orig TW heads to the 205s a couple years ago) since 2009. I haven't hurt anything, or are you saying that's why the car isn't faster?

Yes, you've mentioned the 334 car before and I've looked it over. I don't think I am that far off it's performance considering he is running a solid cam and a intake that is probably a lot better then mine. Sure when I thought I was running 25 psi, it did seem way off. But considering I'm not pushing as much boost as I thought it's really right in line with his performance. Based on MPH that is. It's not like my Vert with the whale tail is really as aerodynamic as other hardtop mustangs. Considering I saw a 1 mph increase by removing the wing on a N/A 02 Gt, I am probably losing a bit with the wing alone.

edit: also I haven't made my mind up on anything. I just like to look at all options. I do take what people say into consideration.

Last edited by Gt-358; 11-12-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #35
Stangguy269
Smoked another BBC

It's a pretty aggressive profile Hyd roller...add boost to it...I wouldn't be confident the valves are being open. I am saying it takes some pretty trick hard ware to keep control at that RPM with that aggressive of a Hyd roller...my opinion at that level I would have a solid. The other car has a Edelbrock ProFlo XT intake un ported...it's nothing special and he hasn't let me lean on it yet. I think 8.80's are possible out of either combination, but it's going to take some fine tuning and more boost.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #36
wheelliftnpony
Launchin

Couldn't this be mounted in the same location as your a/a behind the front bumper? it's only 4.5' wide thick All you would need to do is lower or raise a pipe on either side to be hooked up. Then mount your tank under the hood or in the trunk? Just wondering, Cause I was thinking of running one as well, but I don't want to re due all my pipes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDolqP3jgjU
New Setup - 408w, s480 bullseye Turbo, TFS highports, PG tranny, CSU Blow thru, Cam Motions. LGM Valvetrain
wheelliftnpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #37
Gt-358
Pullin gears

The cam and springs are what Proline picked out when I had them build it (edit: told them I was looking for 700 rwhp at the time). I have been reading up on the springs/turbo on here and other sites. And I have wondered if I had enough spring pressure for the boost I was running. I don't feel or hear valve float, is there anyway to tell if I do have too little spring pressure?

I did ask Proline back when I changed from the RPM2 intake to the Vic Jr 5.0 one what else I could do, and that's when they recommended changing to a solid roller and spyder intake. I didn't see Bob Kurgan's thought on the Vic Jr intake till this year. Kurgan thinks the Vic Jr EFI sucks in a forced induction application. I never even saw the ProFlo XT intake till I read up on your buddy's car. Looks like a in between for a spyder and box intake.

Last edited by Gt-358; 11-12-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #38
Stangguy269
Smoked another BBC

Well...look at Mike or Randy's cars...what is working for them? Mike has a box and solid roller, Randy has a RpmII and solid roller. I don't like the single plane inakes either, unless you are watching every cylinder to trim.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #39
Gt-358
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelliftnpony View Post
Couldn't this be mounted in the same location as your a/a behind the front bumper? it's only 4.5' wide thick All you would need to do is lower or raise a pipe on either side to be hooked up. Then mount your tank under the hood or in the trunk? Just wondering, Cause I was thinking of running one as well, but I don't want to re due all my pipes.
I have thought about that also, I could make one of those tube front bumper mounts and have plenty of room there to do it.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #40
Raceryan
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Yes you can fit that one up in the fender. Was a decent amount of work I fit the larger type 12 behind a LX nose:

How did you route the water lines?

1993 Mustang LX 363 World/Scat Stroker, 76mm Precision Billet Turbo, AEM Series 2. New for 2014; g101a clutchless, afr205, box r, and solid roller!

My fresh faceplated tko600 is for sale, PM me for details!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #41
Stangguy269
Smoked another BBC

Just tested my new air to air intercooler...temps never went over 75 on a long dyno pull...it's not a full track pass, but looks promising. This was at 27psi. Found out soon in Florida