Guess who just killed the Vets Job Corps Bill? - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Political Corner

The Political Corner We will hash out political, religious and current events in this section.... Keep it constructive when posting!!

Old 09-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
Jimmy Biggs
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Guess who just killed the Vets Job Corps Bill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiFish View Post
I wonder what part of the "USA is out of money" that AJ doesn't get? Hell, I ain't no cpa and I get it. I can't spend 40% more than I make - the government can't either. That's why the US gov borrows 40 cents on every dollar they spend. Do the simple math AJ. It ain't hard to figger.......

We have plenty .... shit just last week we printed $23 BILLION thats whythe price of gas went up
Jimmy Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #17
95mmRenegade
Smoked Another SBC

Just another form of redistribution without any money to pay for it.

2000 Mustang #227N
Virginia Speed 450" LSx
John Marcella Sheetmetal Intake
NLR AMS-1000 Power Management

95mmRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
HemiFish
Baddest Factory Muscle Ca
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Joseph View Post
The bill wasn't just for the" healthy ones who are just another person out of work". I'm sure the Vets are proud of your concern for them and the sacrifices they made.

Just for the record AJ, I am a veteran AND a retired Firefighter from a large municipality. I went through the armed services and saw a lot of nasty stuff - same with the fire department. I ain't asking nobody for a damned thing. Like I said, the injured folks need our support, the veterans as well as the public servants. I gladly support the Wounded Warriors. Do you??

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
HemiFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #19
HemiFish
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Biggs View Post
We have plenty .... shit just last week we printed $23 BILLION thats whythe price of gas went up

Amen Jimmy. I want to set up a printing press in my basement and do the same thing.

Oh wait - if I do that I go to jail..... Nevermind....

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Old 09-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #20
thesource
T5 & T56 building fool
Smoked Another SBC

I'm wondering why soldiers can't find a job when they return. Most are skilled at something or another. I think the problem is maybe they can't find a job they feel isn't beneath them to take.

thesource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #21
HemiFish
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource View Post
I'm wondering why soldiers can't find a job when they return. Most are skilled at something or another. I think the problem is maybe they can't find a job they feel isn't beneath them to take.

Not being a smartass here, but don't believe the MSM when they say the economy is getting better. It isn't. They can't find work because there aren't many living wage jobs out there to be had - veteran or not....

Old 09-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #22
mathews
Smoked another BBC

Garage

They didnt "kill" the bill.They shelved it until they can find a way to ppay for it.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #23
RDY4WAR
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
The Republicans, led by Jeff Sessions killed off the chance for Vets to be hired as police, firemen, etc. Claiming it was too expensive, it was narrowly voted down. The sponsor of the bill correctly claimed it should not be about money, it should be about helping the returning soldiers.
Can the GOP get any further out of touch with America?
As a Veteran, I approve of this bill being voted down. My status as a veteran doesn't make me special, and I don't expect to be treated as such. I'm glad they shot down a bill that would add to the deficit.
RDY4WAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #24
RDY4WAR
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
The bill wasn't just for the" healthy ones who are just another person out of work". I'm sure the Vets are proud of your concern for them and the sacrifices they made.
As a veteran, I am proud of him for his concern for his country as a whole, looking at the big picture. You on the other hand...
RDY4WAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #25
n5ifi
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
If you think the whole story, any whole story, can be told in just over one paragraph, then you might assume you're getting the whole story. Most people would know better.
Do you not understand that we don't want more government employees?

This is not a job.

This is the only thing this government in charge knows.

It simply has no idea how or doesn't want to create real jobs.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #26
Anthony Joseph
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
As a Veteran, I approve of this bill being voted down. My status as a veteran doesn't make me special, and I don't expect to be treated as such. I'm glad they shot down a bill that would add to the deficit.
Thanks for your service to the country. I don't know of any Vet who feels they should be treated as special. And i don't know any true patriot that doesn't feel that every returning soldier IS special and deserves all the country can give them. And that's especially true of the wounded Vets.
As a Veteran, i don't approve of the bill being voted down. I don't need a job, but hundreds of thousands of Vets do. And this country has ignored returning soldiers too long.
Anthony Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #27
CRUE CAB
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
The Republicans, led by Jeff Sessions killed off the chance for Vets to be hired as police, firemen, etc. Claiming it was too expensive, it was narrowly voted down. The sponsor of the bill correctly claimed it should not be about money, it should be about helping the returning soldiers.
Can the GOP get any further out of touch with America?
Why do vets need a better chance of being cops and firefighters more so than anyone else.
Military service does not make one more qualified.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #28
thesource
T5 & T56 building fool
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiFish View Post
Not being a smartass here, but don't believe the MSM when they say the economy is getting better. It isn't. They can't find work because there aren't many living wage jobs out there to be had - veteran or not....
I guess it depends on where you live. Down here, the oil field is drawing all of the talent out of the general work force and into their work force. School districts are having teachers and principals drive buses if they have proper licensing because all the drivers have went south to drive trucks for the oil field related industries. Mechanic shops are losing top techs all the time to go work for oil field operations that need mechanics on duty 24/7 in case something goes down. Material yards can't keep enough material on location to supply the oil field with materials to build locations and roads getting in and out of those locations onto county roads.

thesource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #29
Crash Course
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Good thing for us the soldiers didn't need to decide whether defending America and it's interests was a " worthy cause". They just did it no matter what the cost.

Every soldier I've ever met including myself always believe defending America IS a worthy cause and are doing it REGARDLESS of the cost.... Both issues are one and the same......

Last edited by Crash Course; 09-19-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Crash Course is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #30
mathews
Smoked another BBC

Garage

Quote:
Thanks for your service to the country. I don't know of any Vet who feels they should be treated as special. And i don't know any true patriot that doesn't feel that every returning soldier IS special and deserves all the country can give them. And that's especially true of the wounded Vets.
As a Veteran, i don't approve of the bill being voted down. I don't need a job, but hundreds of thousands of Vets do. And this country has ignored returning soldiers too long.
"hundreds of thousand".Exagerating a bit are we?