Anyone want to take a look at my video and provide tips for hooking on 275's? - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Stock Suspension - TRZ Motorsports

Stock Suspension - TRZ Motorsports

Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #16
THEhamBone
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Anyone want to take a look at my video and provide tips for hooking on 275's?

go out and measure them..

Measure from the floor to to the arms.. looks like the arms are going down hill from rear to body.. as in the arm is higher at the rear than it is on the body.. if you dont have multiple spots on rear to move lower arm mount.. then i would almost promise this is true.. because on a fox.. to get a good looking ride height.. the lower arms are going down hill with stock mounts.
THEhamBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #17
THEhamBone
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Anyone want to take a look at my video and provide tips for hooking on 275's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dville_gt View Post
Front: Strange single 10 ways, 3 from loose
Rear: Strange single 10 ways, 5 from loose
MT 275/60/15's, 16psi
tighten struts up.. never go under 6.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #18
dville_gt
Burnout box

What would be the solution? You have to buy mounts for the rear with multiple mounting locations?
dville_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #19
THEhamBone
Smoked another BBC

in the first video link above.. see how quick the front end came up? so fast it topped out to quick and upset the momentum or weight transfer.. notice soon as it tops out the rear unloads and spins?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #20
THEhamBone
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dville_gt View Post
What would be the solution? You have to buy mounts for the rear with multiple mounting locations?

Thats the right way to do it.. if you dont want to change ride height.

or go out there and raise the ride height.. get the lowers going uphill to the body 2-4 degrees.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #21
THEhamBone
Smoked another BBC

have you moved any of you stock mounts? uppers or lowers? stock locations arent going to work for your power level.

Basically either raise car and lower upper mount on body.. or keep it where it is and lower lower mount on rear.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #22
dville_gt
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEhamBone View Post
have you moved any of you stock mounts? uppers or lowers? stock locations arent going to work for your power level.

Basically either raise car and lower upper mount on body.. or keep it where it is and lower lower mount on rear.
I am at work so I'll have to get the measurements tonight, could I fab a spring spacer for the rear to raise the body vs. changing the mounting locations? (all of the mounts are the factory (reinforced) locations.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #23
THEhamBone
Smoked another BBC

you can raise ride height all you want.. if the stock locations are still being used.. you arent ever going to get it right.. the stock geometry isnt right.

Honestly.. you need to be getting ready to go to coilovers in the rear anyway.. as im sure you have already decided.. I would go ahead and get them before I did some rigging for an old worn out stock spring.

I didnt realize you were using the spring on arm.. well i didnt think about it..

going coilover will open up your options for moving arms around without changing ride height.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #24
THEhamBone
Smoked another BBC

There are several options for the lower mounts on rear.

my favorite.. http://www.teamzmotorsports.net/Cont..._p/tzm-icb.htm

http://www.brenspeed.com/cab005.html

http://www.brenspeed.com/555-8119.html

hell theres a bunch.. do a search on here. 100 threads about it..

Ive always just made my own holes for my uppers on the body. I make plates with 3 holes.. 1" apart and move shit around. lol.. drill em out.. and and weld the plates in.

BTW.. heres something like you were talking about for ride height with coil springs http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=848

or this one and weld it onto the arms.. http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=849

Just go all out and get these bad mofo's.. lol

http://wildridesracecars.com/store/p...roductid=16212
Old 03-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #25
THEhamBone
Smoked another BBC

Dont forget about the relocated upper control brackets too..

http://www.teamzmotorsports.net/product_p/st-uca1.htm

http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/k...reetlaunch.htm
Old 03-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #26
dville_gt
Burnout box

I actually had coil overs on it before but they wouldn't work with my Strange shocks (the body of the shock was larger then the lakewoods). If you were going to try to do this with budget being a huge concern (dropped a TON of cash this month so far), what would be your method of attack?
Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #27
z289sec
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
in the first video link above.. see how quick the front end came up? so fast it topped out to quick and upset the momentum or weight transfer.. notice soon as it tops out the rear unloads and spins?

^^^This!^^^ I noticed that myself.

Yeah, I stole it to use in my sig.
Stock suspension 67 Camaro
565 Conventional head BBC with single stage fogger on 275's
In the chassis shop at the moment.

Thanks to:

Texas Racewerks, Sanger, Texas

Nyes Automotive Racing Engines, Muncie, Indiana

FTI Converters and Transmissions, Deland, Florida
z289sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #28
THEhamBone
Smoked another BBC

on a budget.. I would buy the coilover kit for the strange shocks and put the coilover back on it for starters.

then I would raise the ride height till the lower control arms were 1/4" higher in the front.

Then I would drill new holes in my upper torque boxes that lowers the the mount 1" from stock.

If you need to skip the coilover part.. just get some poly spacer thingys or sumtin to put between body and spring to raise height.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #29
dville_gt
Burnout box

Quote:
on a budget.. I would buy the coilover kit for the strange shocks and put the coilover back on it for starters.

then I would raise the ride height till the lower control arms were 1/4" higher in the front.

Then I would drill new holes in my upper torque boxes that lowers the the mount 1" from stock.

If you need to skip the coilover part.. just get some poly spacer thingys or sumtin to put between body and spring to raise height.

I just measured it, 10.25" from center of front bolt (car mount) to ground, 9.5" from center of bolt (rear end mount) to ground.

Is this okay? It is downhill from the car to the rear end.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #30
THEhamBone
Smoked another BBC

yeah thats fine.. really should be lowered a little.. but you'll be fine.. the lowers need lowering as explained earlier.

and dont forget about the strut settings post.. thats realistically why she wont leave now.. but when she starts leaving.. with the suspension gyometry the way it is now.. get ready to buy a bumper.