Iraq's WMD's - Page 5 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Political Corner

The Political Corner We will hash out political, religious and current events in this section.... Keep it constructive when posting!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #61
Sam Adams
Hemispherically Balanced
Smoked Another SBC
 
Sam Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Big Lake
Posts: 14,489
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
The USA should bomb 1/4 Anchor's house!
Tough mission. Could be collateral damage at Frozen Acres trailer park.
Sam Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #62
MrHigh1
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
MrHigh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,578
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc0311grunt View Post
Iraq proved they had wmd's. Does nobody remember what happened with the Kurds in the north?
No one "remembers" what happened to the Kurds at Halabjah. The story of what happened changed from the intial report done by the Marine Corps which concluded the Iranians gassed the Kurds to a "report" that said the Iraqi's gassed the Kurd's just in time for the first Iraq war.

The Kurds were killed with blood agents, something Iraq never used. Here's a report done by the US in 1990 that had support from the CIA and DIA.

"Blood agents were allegedly responsible for the most infamous use of chemicals in the war—the killing of Kurds at Halabjah. Since the Iraqis have no history of using these two agents—and the Iranians do—we conclude that the Iranians perpetrated this attack."

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/ops/war/docs/3203/
MrHigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #63
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 50,676
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977Nova View Post
damn....you had a moment of clarity.......get well you ol' fucker!
LOL....................I'm contemplating doubling up on the meds and crash.

Good luck tomorrow! Chop that tree!!!!!!
Mach1Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #64
1977Nova
Just a Mean Ol' Phucker
Smoked Another SBC
 
1977Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rockwall, Texas
Posts: 16,542
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
LOL....................I'm contemplating doubling up on the meds and crash.

Good luck tomorrow! Chop that tree!!!!!!
Tuning the chainsaw right now!!!!!
__________________
Dale


"You tell 'em I'm coming! And Hell's coming with me you hear! Hell's coming with me!"



Originally Posted by rapidr
You'd stand a better chance of jacking off a wildcat in a phone booth with a handful of sand than converting me to YOUR leftist crap.
1977Nova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #65
Mike Swann
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mike Swann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: La La land, Left Coast
Posts: 15,378
Garage
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHigh1 View Post
No one "remembers" what happened to the Kurds at Halabjah. The story of what happened changed from the intial report done by the Marine Corps which concluded the Iranians gassed the Kurds to a "report" that said the Iraqi's gassed the Kurd's just in time for the first Iraq war.

The Kurds were killed with blood agents, something Iraq never used. Here's a report done by the US in 1990 that had support from the CIA and DIA.

"Blood agents were allegedly responsible for the most infamous use of chemicals in the war—the killing of Kurds at Halabjah. Since the Iraqis have no history of using these two agents—and the Iranians do—we conclude that the Iranians perpetrated this attack."

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/ops/war/docs/3203/
Interesting. . . .
__________________
Which would you rather be: an American lost inside Obamacare, a Syrian rebel, a Ukrainian reformist, A veteran in need of VA services, children from South America, Iraq, Israel?

No matter who gets touched by the helping hand of Barack Obama, the problem is not merely the broken promise but the chaos that follows.

Mike Swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #66
Pancho
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fenton, Mi
Posts: 46,982
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHigh1 View Post
Since the Iraqis have no history of using these two agents—and the Iranians do—we conclude that the Iranians perpetrated this attack."
Well, the Iranians DO have a somewhat subtle history of mingling in Iraq.
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #67
MrHigh1
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
MrHigh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,578
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Swann View Post
Interesting. . . .
Not only did the Marine Corp do an investigation after the gassing, the US Army War College also did a study in 1990 and came up with the same conclusion, the Iranians gassed the Kurds.

Stephen Pelletiere was the CIA senior analyst on Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War.

“It appears that in seeking to punish Iraq, Congress was influenced by another incident that occurred five months earlier in another Iraq-Kurdish city, Halabjah. In March 1988, the Kurds at Halabjah were bombarded with chemical weapons, producing many deaths. Photographs of the Kurdish victims were widely disseminated in the international media. Iraq was blamed for the Halabjah attack even though it was subsequently brought out that Iran too had used chemical weapons in this operation, and it seemed likely that it was the Iranian bombardment that had actually killed the Kurds.” [The Iranians thought the Kurds had fled Halabjah and that they were attacking occupying Iraqi forces. But the Iraqis had already vacated Halabjah and the Kurds had returned. Iran gassed the Kurds by accident]
MrHigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #68
Mike Swann
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mike Swann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: La La land, Left Coast
Posts: 15,378
Garage
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

I read the report; The first sentence stated "alleged" use of blood agents, meaning no first had knowledge. Second, Its was a cyanide type gas; not hard to make. Finally, the op in the report doubted the kill effectivity related to the number of deaths vs the blood agent used.
__________________
Which would you rather be: an American lost inside Obamacare, a Syrian rebel, a Ukrainian reformist, A veteran in need of VA services, children from South America, Iraq, Israel?

No matter who gets touched by the helping hand of Barack Obama, the problem is not merely the broken promise but the chaos that follows.

Mike Swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #69
Ron Clevenger
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central California
Posts: 2,829
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Iraq also used chemical warfare against Iran when they went at it.

Blessings..........Ron
__________________
Creekside Racing Ministry...John 14:6
Now testing new Travis Quillen Motorsports Engineering Methanol boost referenced high pressure MFI system
First full pass, 6.25 @ 235+mph, very soft tune
Steve Morris www.stevemorrisengines.com
Ron Clevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #70
MaxFlow
YB Liar and Chief
Smoked Another SBC
 
MaxFlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wild and Wonderful
Posts: 16,150
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Why didn't they kill each other off when they had the chance? I'm a believer that if your looking for a fight you can sure find one.
__________________
Here in my own world.

Joe
MaxFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #71
Jeff Taylor
140th phuckstick bitches
Smoked Another SBC
 
Jeff Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 10,688
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC86GN View Post
Left handed.
....don't bogart the left handed

__________________
Jeff Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #72
64Post
Senior Pastafarian
Smoked Another SBC
 
64Post's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Emsec room
Posts: 7,777
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Swann View Post
An oblique analogy at best.
So it sounds like you'd chase the guy with empty hands.

Quote:
Common knowledge that Iraq had chemical weapon and they wre not found. Also, entire convoys of trucks at night into the Bekaa Valley and most likely carrying Saddam's WMD's. There are people on this board that have first hand knowledge of this.
Most likely? People on this board have knowledge of what "might" have been? It was also suspected Saddam flew his WMD out on gutted commercial airplanes. Sounds like nothing but theory and supposition to me. Perhaps for that exact reason we never went into Syria or went to the UN with our "proof."

We supposedly had irrefutable evidence before the war that WMD was trucked into Syria and we still invaded Iraq?

There was no nexus between Saddam and the 9/11 conspirators but we invaded Iraq anyway.

We got suckered.
__________________
Sent via free Mexican-supplied Obamaphone

Benchmark of idiocy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Faith and Reason go hand in hand. Reason can make ones Faith even stronger.

Originally Posted by diehard
evidence is proof of nothing. so, yes you are correct. if you have more evidence, then you can increase your level of belief.


www.racehemi.maxwedge.com
64Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:41 AM   #73
64Post
Senior Pastafarian
Smoked Another SBC
 
64Post's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Emsec room
Posts: 7,777
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Here's a link for all of the WMD nonbelievers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25546334...-uranium-iraq/

Is it so hard to believe some of it got sold to Saddam's neighbors before our invasion when he was trying to bolster his defenses? I mean, we only got 550 metric tons of "yellowcake"......Who's to say there wasn't 600 metric tons?
The yellowcake had already been inventoried during GW1. No one wanted to take responsibility to remove it so it was left behind.

"Israeli warplanes bombed a reactor project at the site in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said."
__________________
Sent via free Mexican-supplied Obamaphone

Benchmark of idiocy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Faith and Reason go hand in hand. Reason can make ones Faith even stronger.

Originally Posted by diehard
evidence is proof of nothing. so, yes you are correct. if you have more evidence, then you can increase your level of belief.


www.racehemi.maxwedge.com
64Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #74
64Post
Senior Pastafarian
Smoked Another SBC
 
64Post's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Emsec room
Posts: 7,777
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc0311grunt View Post
Iraq proved they had wmd's. Does nobody remember what happened with the Kurds in the north?
So you claim that 40-50 year old mustard gas the the entire world knew they already had was somehow a new WMD?

Here's the problem: You hawks want a liberal definition of what constitutes WMD -- even if that happens to be shit the world knew they've had for the past 40 years. An Arab running with scissors is a WMD according to you people.

Where is all the stuff Colin Powell said they had when he sat in front of the UN?
__________________
Sent via free Mexican-supplied Obamaphone

Benchmark of idiocy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Faith and Reason go hand in hand. Reason can make ones Faith even stronger.

Originally Posted by diehard
evidence is proof of nothing. so, yes you are correct. if you have more evidence, then you can increase your level of belief.


www.racehemi.maxwedge.com
64Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #75
Mike Swann
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mike Swann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: La La land, Left Coast
Posts: 15,378
Garage
Default Re: Iraq's WMD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Post View Post
So it sounds like you'd chase the guy with empty hands.



Most likely? People on this board have knowledge of what "might" have been? It was also suspected Saddam flew his WMD out on gutted commercial airplanes. Sounds like nothing but theory and supposition to me. Perhaps for that exact reason we never went into Syria or went to the UN with our "proof."

We supposedly had irrefutable evidence before the war that WMD was trucked into Syria and we still invaded Iraq?

There was no nexus between Saddam and the 9/11 conspirators but we invaded Iraq anyway.

We got suckered.
Its all speculation on this board. That is why I used the term "most likely". Just like you speculated what I would do in your analogy.

There are pople on this board that were there and knew what was going on in those transports.

I know that there are people in this world that know more than both of us put together.
__________________
Which would you rather be: an American lost inside Obamacare, a Syrian rebel, a Ukrainian reformist, A veteran in need of VA services, children from South America, Iraq, Israel?

No matter who gets touched by the helping hand of Barack Obama, the problem is not merely the broken promise but the chaos that follows.


Last edited by Mike Swann; 02-26-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Mike Swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 2.99%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC