Backoff GOP - Page 4 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Political Corner

The Political Corner We will hash out political, religious and current events in this section.... Keep it constructive when posting!!

Old 02-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #46
Ruger
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Backoff GOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad54 View Post
And yet it was the Obama Administration who stuck their nose in and told the religious conservatives that they must go against their teachings and provide birth control.
Yeah... it's always that whacky right wing sticking their nose in other people's business and ignoring the Constitution.
Except when it's not.
And then you all run blindly over the cliff when the news media changes the message to suit the Democrat establishment.

What a bunch of sheep.

-Brad
I swear some people are thick in the head. I've never agreed with the MSM or Democrat mantra. The lefts little stunt with birth control is as hideously wrong as the rights attempt to control what someone does with their body. It is NOT a function of gov't to mandate or legislate what a person does with their body. Quit looking at left and right, we should be telling the gov't to back off period and get out of peoples personal lives.
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #47
MrHigh1
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffEnuff View Post
Those are women? ....yick.
Doing the job keyboard commandos like you are too afraid to do.
MrHigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #48
larrydavis427
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergearsman View Post
Why should the church provide abortions , contraceptives because the BAMMER dictates this ? FUBO FDNC
You nailed that one.
larrydavis427 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #49
Brad54
Chasing my tail
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellyes View Post
Neocunts are nothing but a bunch of fetus worshippers....it's not the war on the unborn it's war on women, if you don't want an abortion then don't get one, keep your big theocratic facist big govt. the hell out of my way, I always knew you were a liberal....
Yeah... they made the EXACT same argument about slaves, too... the Supreme Court ruled continually that blacks weren't equal to us, they only counted as 2/3 of a person by law of the Federal Government for purposes of census counts.
And one of the strongest arguments made by the pro-slavery side was "If you don't like slavery, don't own one."

It's got nothing to do with theocracy now, any more than it did back then.
You can't explain your point on how it's a war on women, in a logical manner... all you can do is argue based on emotion and hyperbole.

-Brad
Old 02-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #50
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad54 View Post
Yeah... they made the EXACT same argument about slaves, too... the Supreme Court ruled continually that blacks weren't equal to us, they only counted as 2/3 of a person by law of the Federal Government for purposes of census counts.
-Brad

That had to do with taxation, not census.

(Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.)
Mark O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #51
TheRevII
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
Quit looking at left and right, we should be telling the gov't to back off period and get out of peoples personal lives.
There it is, folks...

I've never put stock in a candidate's position on abortion, their faith, or even hotbed issues such as gay marriage. I won't be having an abortion, my faith is what it is and no one but me has the ability to modify it, and I'm not gay. But what does affect me...affects all of us...is the $15T debt load America is bearing, 8-something percent unemployment which effectively is probably twice that, seeing the US continually wind up on the losing end of every deal we've ever made with other countries in the last 20 years, China owning a trillion $$ of our debt and half our manufacturing, unrest in the Middle East, drug use and related violence, an education system that's falling apart and our almost complete lack of a comprehensive energy policy.

I want a President and a Government who will at least make an effort to do something about THAT.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #52
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevII View Post
There it is, folks...

I've never put stock in a candidate's position on abortion, their faith, or even hotbed issues such as gay marriage. I won't be having an abortion, my faith is what it is and no one but me has the ability to modify it, and I'm not gay. But what does affect me...affects all of us...is the $15T debt load America is bearing, 8-something percent unemployment which effectively is probably twice that, seeing the US continually wind up on the losing end of every deal we've ever made with other countries in the last 20 years, China owning a trillion $$ of our debt and half our manufacturing, unrest in the Middle East, drug use and related violence, an education system that's falling apart and our almost complete lack of a comprehensive energy policy.

I want a President and a Government who will at least make an effort to do something about THAT.

ME TOO!

Where are we moving to?..
Old 02-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #53
TheRevII
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark O'Neal View Post
ME TOO! Where are we moving to?..
I was thinking Torrance, CA but it sounds like that's out...
Old 02-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #54
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

I keep waiting for Texas to secede......
Old 02-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #55
xcelr8
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevII View Post
There it is, folks...

Politicians have been aping about a "comprehensive energy policy" since Nixon. And there will never be one. Because like healthcare it is a means of controlling the people. A means of securing political power.

53%
xcelr8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #56
Brad54
Chasing my tail
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
That had to do with taxation, not census.

(Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.)
It also had to do with the number of representatives from each state.
http://www.census.gov/population/app...t/history.html

Apportionment of the U.S. House of Representatives

Introduction

The primary reason for the establishment of the decennial census of population is set forth in Article 1, Section 2, of the Constitution. The Constitution provides for an enumeration of the population to serve as the basis for the apportionment of members of the U.S. House of Representatives among the states, with the provision that each state must have at least one representative. From 1790 to the present, an apportionment has been made on the basis of each census, except following the census of 1920.
Calculation of a Congressional apportionment requires three factors--the apportionment population of each state, the number of representatives to be allocated among the states, and a method to use for the calculation.

Apportionment Population

The apportionment population base always has included those persons who have established a residence in the United States. The first Census Act of 1790 established the concept of "usual residence" which has been applied in that and each subsequent census. "Usual residence" is the place where the person lives and sleeps most of the time (most of the week, month, or year). Prior to 1870, the population base included the total free population of the states, three-fifths of the number of slaves, and excluded American Indians not taxed.
The 14th Amendment, ratified in 1868, removed the fractional count of the number of slaves from the procedure.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #57
1977Nova
Just a Mean Ol' Phucker
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
I keep waiting for Texas to secede......

That makes a bunch of us......

"You tell 'em I'm coming! And Hell's coming with me you hear! Hell's coming with me!"

Originally Posted by rapidr
You'd stand a better chance of jacking off a wildcat in a phone booth with a handful of sand than converting me to YOUR leftist crap.
1977Nova is online now   Reply With Quote