Monte Smith(not a engine builder) - Page 37 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 03-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #541
ChutesInYaFace475
POLK High Bitch.....
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Monte Smith(not a engine builder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRIGHTRACING View Post
y'all are the ones who keep posting in it. It will end when you stop
BUMP for the quest of 40 pages and beyond

S&W40 w/extendo........cause I don't know karate
ChutesInYaFace475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #542
NHodge
Card Puller
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 331coupe View Post
I'm just commenting on the other said problems, I find it very hard to believe even a novice engine builder leaving a rear main seal out, or main caps loose, or even every ring upside down.
I can't explain it nor will I try. The thing that put it all into perspective for me was:

Originally Posted by Monte Smith
I told him to bring it back, I would repair it at 100% no charge to him and guarantee it to be 100% right and would even dyno it, on MY DIME, to make sure everything was cool. But I could not drop everything and do it right THEN, because we were leaving for Georgia. So instead of letting me fix it, they decided to come on here and trash me. Can't make everybody happy. I felt I offered to do all I could.

Quote:
Monte admitted to possibly not getting all the metal shavings out, but the other stuff sounds like an attempt to make Monte look bad, and not taking into consideration that the guy who did the machine work had taken the motor apart before they found all the problems, or atleast he was supposed to, to check the machine work.
Him stating that he would repair it 100% at no charge to the customer, dyno it, guarantee it to be 100%... tells me all I need to know! All the rest of this stuff is simple side show information.

Let's look at it from a realistic point of view... Had Monte done the above the first time out, there would be no thread.
NHodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #543
NHodge
Card Puller
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRIGHTRACING View Post
y'all are the ones who keep posting in it. It will end when you stop
Yeah, we're all by ourselves...

The sideshow has to be exposed...
NHodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #544
Coop
Pullin gears

Quote:
Here is the one part of the story that really makes no sense to me, in fact one other person brought it up and no one ever gave an answer. How is it that the motor was sent to the machine shop and checked out, yet not taken apart?? It was said that Jeff told them the motor needed to come apart, so they picked it up and took it apart, but how would Jeff have been able to check machine work if he had never taken it apart?? Lets say he did take it apart, that would be a good reason for some of the possible "screw ups" like the loose main caps, the missing rear main, and maybe even the supposedly upside down rings. Maybe he took it apart and didn't tighten the caps down, and maybe he left the rear main seal out, and just maybe he removed the rings and was checking the piston and didn't put the rings back on right. Now I'm not blaming Jeff because all he was doing was tearing it apart to check his machine work, his job wasn't to put it back together so maybe he just half ass put it back together so it could be picked up and properly assembled.
Jeff took the oil pan off and removed the oil pump only! That is where he located metal in the pump and told us that the motor needed to come apart.

We have talked to Monte since all this happen and we are trying to work something out.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #545
WRIGHTRACING
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Jeff took the oil pan off and removed the oil pump only! That is where he located metal in the pump and told us that the motor needed to come apart.

We have talked to Monte since all this happen and we are trying to work something out.
thanks for clarifying it...so this thread can die until it is finished...

WRIGHTRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #546
Vinny V
Smoked Another SBC

These deals are bad for all parties involved.Its to bad it had to end up on here.This really isnt going to make it easy for either side to be satisfied now.I think reading this story that the biggest mistake made by both parties was trying to fix something that was beyond being a good piece.Good luck to both parties.Its not going to get any easier from here out.I think it took COURAGE for Monte to come on here and answer to the situation as he did.Right or wrong on what happened you are where you are now.No else can fix it.Give him the chance but these are race engines and you will have problems fixing stuff that is past wore out.
Vinny V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #547
Coop
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny V View Post
These deals are bad for all parties involved.Its to bad it had to end up on here.This really isnt going to make it easy for either side to be satisfied now.I think reading this story that the biggest mistake made by both parties was trying to fix something that was beyond being a good piece.Good luck to both parties.Its not going to get any easier from here out.I think it took COURAGE for Monte to come on here and answer to the situation as he did.Right or wrong on what happened you are where you are now.No else can fix it.Give him the chance but these are race engines and you will have problems fixing stuff that is past wore out.
You need to get your facts correct.

It wasn't junk when it went to Monte's. Just had some valve train problems and broke some things. One thing I've come to notice on this board there are alot of keyboard racers with no cars and no common sence..

Just for your info!!! After we stuck the motor back together. The car and (junk motor) went 1.16 60ft 4.94 on one kit in a 3200lb small tire car.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #548
Jtiannuzzi
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Please explain where we skip out on money??

new lifters, new cam, new rods, new pistons, new rings, new bearings, plus the heads were sent to charlie buck($1000).Plus monte was paid $1200 to assemble the motor. Over $8300 was spent this time around......
1,200 to assemble ? That's more then Fulton Charges.. you bet your ass,
race or not Gene would have fixed it the same or next day if It came out of his shop That fucked up ..PERIOD.. My2cents
Jtiannuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #549
levers
Smoked another BBC

thgetheth
levers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #550
Vinny V
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
You need to get your facts correct.

It wasn't junk when it went to Monte's. Just had some valve train problems and broke some things. One thing I've come to notice on this board there are alot of keyboard racers with no cars and no common sence..

Just for your info!!! After we stuck the motor back together. The car and (junk motor) went 1.16 60ft 4.94 on one kit in a 3200lb small tire car.
Ok then we will do it your way with facts /fuck you and your junk .I was trying to be nice about it .But really dont give a fuck that your shit blew up.If your so fucking smart why cant you fix your own shit?I throw away nicer shit than you try and fix .So again Fuck You.
Vinny V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #551
slo78
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny V View Post
Ok then we will do it your way with facts /fuck you and your junk .I was trying to be nice about it .But really dont give a fuck that your shit blew up.If your so fucking smart why cant you fix your own shit?I throw away nicer shit than you try and fix .So again Fuck You.
did you read the list of parts,there was no junk there, so you are either just stupid or rich.to boast you thow out stuff better than that ....i,ll go with just stupid
slo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #552
3gdwrench
Smoked Another SBC

Coops had a legitimate beef here......little over the top with the F-you scenario
3gdwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #553
747scooter
Pullin gears

MONTE SMITH IS OK IN MY BOOK NUFF SAID !! MY 2 CENT'S WORTH !!
747scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #554
chevyfocker
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747scooter View Post
MONTE SMITH IS OK IN MY BOOK NUFF SAID !! MY 2 CENT'S WORTH !!
I'm glad it's only .02 hehe :
chevyfocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #555
68DragRadialSS
Smoked another BBC

so did it get resolved?
68DragRadialSS is offline   Reply With Quote