Monte Smith(not a engine builder) - Page 30 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 02-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #436
SSOCOBRA
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Monte Smith(not a engine builder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeDgiE View Post
if you re read it they said they primed it in the car!... I rotate my junk 90 degrees at a pop(prime/rotate/prime rotate etc...) till I see oil coming from the tips of every rocker! now them admitting that they didnt so it tells me they are 100% at fault! they knew the engine left unprimed (cause they admitted they like to rush already) then they admitted they half ass primed it then fired it! EPIC FAIL

read above ^^^^ you already admitted you phucked up dude in other posts....

Ok let's lay this out here

No rear main seal - check
Top rings upside down - check
Oil pump full of shavings- check

Engine had prior problem chewing lifters up and wasn't corrected and proceeds to let this engine leave his shop not knowing if its ok but the OWNER is at fault yea right
SSOCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #437
BBCnosman
Launchin

^^^ exactly. Thanks.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

BBCnosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #438
kyle m
Pre-Staged

Quote:
if you re read it they said they primed it in the car!... I rotate my junk 90 degrees at a pop(prime/rotate/prime rotate etc...) till I see oil coming from the tips of every rocker! now them admitting that they didnt so it tells me they are 100% at fault! they knew the engine left unprimed (cause they admitted they like to rush already) then they admitted they half ass primed it then fired it! EPIC FAIL

read above ^^^^ you already admitted you phucked up dude in other posts....
mwe dont give a fuk how u prime yours i guess since we didnt do it like u say thats what ate the rear seal and made the rings flow over= ur a stupid idiot
kyle m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #439
21BoyzRacing
Kickin/Screamin...U Dig
Smoked Another SBC

There are at least 4 people who know what happened here and the rest of what are merely judging based on a few posts here. Coop, Kyle, Monte and Jeff obviously saw the engine so they are in the best position to say what they saw. Lots of people are second guessing this and that but I believe Monte actually admitted there were issues. Two years is a long time no matter how you look at it. Were mistakes made? Yes, it sounds like there were mistakes on both sides. Are people taking sides here? Absolutely!! But, perhaps you're defending something that doesn't need to be defended. The OP may not be a household name in the racing business but that doesn't make him a nobody. In my book, $7300 is not chump change. If someone hands you a 632 BBC and $7300 (and $1200 rods), you would think what gets returned is a fully functioning piece. Like someone else said here, once you take the engine, machine it, build it and send it out the door whether fortunate or unfortunate it wears the name of the shop. In this racing game, reputation can either make you, or hang you by the nuts. Again, both parties made some mistakes here. There's not a person on this site who EVER wants to recieve what he /she considers to be a screwing.

Live and let live guys! All parties are going to come out of this thing smarter. Some of US need to just stop adding mud to the pit.
21BoyzRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #440
boostedbowtie
Smoked Another SBC

Wow ! ................. thats all
boostedbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #441
kyle m
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21BoyzRacing View Post
There are at least 4 people who know what happened here and the rest of what are merely judging based on a few posts here. Coop, Kyle, Monte and Jeff obviously saw the engine so they are in the best position to say what they saw. Lots of people are second guessing this and that but I believe Monte actually admitted there were issues. Two years is a long time no matter how you look at it. Were mistakes made? Yes, it sounds like there were mistakes on both sides. Are people taking sides here? Absolutely!! But, perhaps you're defending something that doesn't need to be defended. The OP may not be a household name in the racing business but that doesn't make him a nobody. In my book, $7300 is not chump change. If someone hands you a 632 BBC and $7300 (and $1200 rods), you would think what gets returned is a fully functioning piece. Like someone else said here, once you take the engine, machine it, build it and send it out the door whether fortunate or unfortunate it wears the name of the shop. In this racing game, reputation can either make you, or hang you by the nuts. Again, both parties made some mistakes here. There's not a person on this site who EVER wants to recieve what he /she considers to be a screwing.

Live and let live guys! All parties are going to come out of this thing smarter. Some of US need to just stop adding mud to the pit.
thanks we have been told by several of montes friends that monte is not a engine builder only a tuner i give him that he does know his nos we are not trying to cause prob;ems all the owner said to him was pay for the bearings and the 1200 for labor and everything would be ok but he chose to say he was not paying for the labor he would send some more bearings down here not to count the 3 days they had to up and leave their business to shuffle the engine around time isnt cheap when ur the owner of a small business
kyle m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #442
boostedbowtie
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCnosman View Post
^^^ exactly. Thanks.

um , whos side are you on ?
boostedbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #443
pwrhouse
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedbowtie View Post
um , whos side are you on ?
Seemed to switch right? Lol
Old 02-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #444
BBCnosman
Launchin

Im middle. This guy changed his story and Monte went to fix his fuck up and the guy said fuck off. On montes dime.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

BBCnosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #445
21BoyzRacing
Kickin/Screamin...U Dig
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle m View Post
thanks we have been told by several of montes friends that monte is not a engine builder only a tuner i give him that he does know his nos we are not trying to cause prob;ems all the owner said to him was pay for the bearings and the 1200 for labor and everything would be ok but he chose to say he was not paying for the labor he would send some more bearings down here not to count the 3 days they had to up and leave their business to shuffle the engine around time isnt cheap when ur the owner of a small business
I'm definitely in NO position to judge anyone here Kyle (and neither or the majority of others here). It sounds like what happened here was a series of bad mistakes. Monte has a good reputation and I believe you guys do as well on the racing scene in Mississippi. At the end of the day, a reputation is all a guy has sometimes. I think everyone can leave this situation with his head held high.

Let's keep "doin da damn thang" 660' or 1320' at a time and let chips fall where they may.
21BoyzRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #446
WeDgiE
-------------------------
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOCOBRA View Post
He is saying they didn't remove the valve covers to double check that the valvetrain was getting oil

Which was a mistake
WeDgiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #447
WeDgiE
-------------------------
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle m View Post
ur a stupid idiot
Yea but I primed my engine on the stand with a gauge hooked up to the back of the block though to see how much pressure I was getting and made sure oil was getting completely up top!

(I know i'm and idiot already though)
WeDgiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #448
SSOCOBRA
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Im middle. This guy changed his story and Monte went to fix his fuck up and the guy said fuck off. On montes dime.

Undersood but point is that this engine should have never left Moulton AL
Old 02-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #449
SSOCOBRA
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Do you pull engines apart to double check EVERYTHING
??? I'm talking about getting an engine from any well known builder
Old 02-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #450
SSOCOBRA
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:

Ok I see what you are missing.. Monte indeed (even you see he fucked up) admitted his fuck up .. Ok now after having this engine for two years and it wasnt right after the install , ok now the engine is on it's way back go him to repair.. He didn't do his job obviously and the engine was still fuvked after the second go round and at this point the owner refused to haven't Mr Smith touch his engine again which is very understandable ..