Monte Smith(not a engine builder) - Page 19 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 02-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #271
The Manalishi
Banned...Four Times
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Monte Smith(not a engine builder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma View Post
I would never do wrong either. But this is racing. Some guys build a 10k engine, some build a 50k engine... That's how it goes.

In the end, I make suggestions, give warnings.....evaluate odds. But in the end, I do what the customer wants......

if you think that makes you better than me?..... Meh
What if the customer insists on the wrong way to do something? What do you do then?

Old 02-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #272
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma View Post
I would never do wrong either. But this is racing. Some guys build a 10k engine, some build a 50k engine... That's how it goes.

In the end, I make suggestions, give warnings.....evaluate odds. But in the end, I do what the customer wants......

if you think that makes you better than me?..... Meh
I guess you missed my point!!

If I give you 30K to build me a nice motor to make say 1400 HP N/A.. that would be cool of you to build one for me..

If I give you 10K and ask you to build me a 1400 HP N/A motor and you do it.. Shame on you!!

The builder should not be able to use the excuse of "he didn't give me enough money to build him a reliable 1400 HP motor..

Monty Mikho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #273
SQ329L
Smoked another BBC

This was a bitch move because the ACTUAL OWNER of said engine didnt post this! It has been stated many times that you didnt have any money to pay for the motor.
1. Is this true? If so, was he supposed to give you the motor and you pay him out while you sprayed the ballz off it? This DOES NOT excuse the fact that there was mistakes made but does not discredit you not paying the man.

2. Sounds like you guys are capable of building engines yourselves, with that being said. Why didnt you pick the motor up after 6 months and nothing getting done. This is another reason i build my own stuff. I only have to wait for my machinist to do the work. The guy im using does good work and gets stuff done faster then i need it.

3. Monte has stated several times that he offered to fix everything and including Dynoing the engine, which you didnt originally pay for. Why didnt you let him fix it? Yes he is a busy man with a busy business. You cannot expect him to fix it imediatll. But i think a week he better know whats wrong and parts on the way atleast. IMHO you shouldve taken it back and make him fix it. Obviously after this you will not be back/allowed back so i believe he will fix it in the way that its going to be right so that he doesnt have to see you again.

I understand the OWNER of the Engine pain, this plain sucks!!! BUT, this post is kinda a Bitch Move!

http://www.killerrons.com/index.cfm

http://racecmp.com/

Last edited by SQ329L; 02-25-2012 at 02:26 AM.
SQ329L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #274
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarry Crew View Post
Kenny was the one with all the money . Not me . 275 here we come . Hope we don't get our ass kicked to bad
LOL yeah right

Sounds like you guys will have fun...

When you clowns get tried of getting beat in X275.. you should build a 3rd one and let me drive it to show you how to win, set records and looks sexy as a mother phucker doing it..

I'm for hire.. but I aint cheap!!

Old 02-25-2012, 02:27 AM   #275
kyle m
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ329L View Post
This was a bitch move because the ACTUAL OWNER of said engine didnt post this! It has been stated many times that you didnt have any money to pay for the motor.
1. Is this true? If so, was he supposed to give you the motor and you pay him out while you sprayed the ballz off it? This DOES NOT excuse the fact that there was mistakes made but does not discredit you not paying the man.

2. Sounds like you guys are capable of building engines yourselves, with that being said. Why didnt you pick the motor up after 6 months and nothing getting done. This is another reason i build my own stuff. I only have to wait for my machinist to do the work. The guy im using does good work and gets stuff done faster then i need it.

3. Monte has stated several times that he offered to fix everything and including Dynoing the engine, which you didnt originally pay for. IMHO you should take it back and make him fix it. Obviously after this you will not be back/allowed back so i believe he will fix it in the way that its going to be right so that he doesnt have to see you again.

I understand the OWNER of the Engine pain, this plain sucks!!! BUT, this post is kinda a Bitch Move!
thanks for the advise but monte will never see this engine again he fucked it up if he wanted to fix it he would have when they took it back the second time he had it for 2 weeks you telling me he cant fix a motor in 2 weeks The owner was mis lead on this whole deal
kyle m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:30 AM   #276
SQ329L
Smoked another BBC

The other thing you have to think is, that all these other engine builders are reading this, and seeing what you do and your buddy do when stuff goes wrong. Dont be supprised if people are to busy to fix or build your engines in the future. Just sayin...

Old 02-25-2012, 02:30 AM   #277
kyle m
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mikho View Post

If I give you 30K to build me a nice motor to make say 1400 HP N/A.. that would be cool of you to build one for me..

If I give you 10K and ask you to build me a 1400 HP N/A motor and you do it.. Shame on you!!

The builder should not be able to use the excuse of "he didn't give me enough money to build him a reliable 1400 HP motor..
Its not like he built the motor from scratch its was complete when he got it we dont need monte we went 494 1 system at 3400lbs
Old 02-25-2012, 02:30 AM   #278
SQ329L
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle m View Post
thanks for the advise but monte will never see this engine again he fucked it up if he wanted to fix it he would have when they took it back the second time he had it for 2 weeks you telling me he cant fix a motor in 2 weeks The owner was mis lead on this whole deal

Are you the owner of the engine?

Old 02-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #279
kyle m
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ329L View Post
Are you the owner of the engine?
no i am not , just the driver and have built this engine several times but not the owner i have enough of my own thanks
Old 02-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #280
Toma
Old, senile, likely lost
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:

ahhhh.... You snuk reliable in there.

I don't build engines, but I do get 'bonsai' requests or 'just need to finish the race', or 'the season'. Or 'I'm 0.1. From the record......lets push it or die trying'. You damn right. Its not my place to say no in a society fixated on individual freedom.
'88 Stang, Pump gas 383w, A9L Efi, Edelbrock Performer Heads, no Brake, 224 HR Cam, PT88 28x9" slick... 9.26@151.

Last edited by Toma; 02-25-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Toma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #281
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Its not like he built the motor from scratch its was complete when he got it we dont need monte we went 494 1 system at 3400lbs
Then why even complain about it? Sounds like you guys are happy with the motor now..

Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #282
The Manalishi
Banned...Four Times
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
So if you don't need him, why did he get it in the first place? A sticker and some contingency perhaps?
Old 02-25-2012, 02:36 AM   #283
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
So if you don't need him, why did he get it in the first place? A sticker and some contingency perhaps?
That wouldn't make any sense.. The stickers are probably free and they already had Montes system on the car.. so there was no need to send the motor out for that...

Old 02-25-2012, 02:36 AM   #284
kyle m
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
well u know when u got someone that tells u they can make your car go 450 on a 10 inch tire and the bill want be bad mainly just parts just let me prove to you... Thats how it came about
Old 02-25-2012, 02:37 AM   #285
kyle m
Pre-Staged

Quote:
That wouldn't make any sense.. The stickers are probably free and they already had Montes system on the car.. so there was no need to send the motor out for that...
he wanted to be a part of that car he wanted to travel and be a part of it