Air Bleed Jets and Circuit Questions - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Tech Questions - Monson Racing

Tech Questions - Monson Racing

Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
KNOTHEAD MOTORSPORTS
Pullin gears

Default Air Bleed Jets and Circuit Questions

Hey guys need a little info here...

A buddy of mine has a used Pro Systems 850 on a LQ4 (LS based). Car runs low 10's on pump gas.

The question that I have here that I would like to discuss is the adjustable air bleeds. This set up is a fairly new set up, and we have been testing and tuning on it. I have jetted up, and got the timing where I think the motor likes it so far.

The jets are bigger then what I think they should be. 98/99 with both power valves blocked. With the carb like this the plugs show after a shut down that it could still use fuel.

By changing out the High or Low Speed air bleeds would this put the mixture back into perspective so to speak. In other words give me more tuning window with the main jets?

Would I install larger or smaller air bleed jets to achieve this?

I looked at the air bleeds in the carb, and there is only one that has a number stamped into it, and all the others are blank.

(One stamped reads 31 on it and it is one of the in board ones which is the High Speed unless I am mistaken.)

I am not sure on what to do with this thing.

Please give me some feed back on this. I will also post this in N/A section.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
jughead_141
Burnout box

Default Re: Air Bleed Jets and Circuit Questions

most likely go down on hi-speed air bleeds. I had a pro-systems hp1000 on pump gas 496. Had a lean-pop on big end at track. had like 93-99 (came with 82-87)jets in with a 31 high speed and still looked a little lean on dyno then the track backed that up. Put a 1050dominator on it to try and lean pop went away. Talked to Patrick and he had me change from 31 to a 26 high speed air bleed and now jetted with 87-93. No issues any more. Runs 9.80's. also, would not idle initially. went from 35 to 37 on low speed air bleeds. We fixed that before we ever went to the track. Fine now though. No other issues.
jughead_141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
corcon
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Air Bleed Jets and Circuit Questions

Call or email Patrick.Have the carb number and he will help you.
corcon is offline   Reply With Quote