Troy Coughlin testing.... - Page 4 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Pro Modified

Pro Modified Talk about Pro-Mod racing with censorship...

Old 02-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #46
Beetlejuiceteeth
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Troy Coughlin testing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchman View Post
Doesn't matter where you race, its not easy to win

agreed, but don't compare NMCA ( mostly amateurs ) with
NHRA Pro Modified. That's like triple AAA VS the Majors.
Beetlejuiceteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #47
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuiceteeth View Post
David Hance,

I stated my opinion and I really dont give a hoot if you like it or not. Troy is an "OK" driver at best. I've watched him through the years and admire
what he's doing but to say Troy is a great driver is a joke. Now with all due respect Mr Hance it really isint any of your business to inquire who I am, what
I drive or how many races I've won ,so well leave it at that. I find it very amusing that if anyone dares to disagree with you it becomes an interrogation from the FBI.

Cheers Daddio
Ok you stated your opinion....can you tell us what makes a driver in Pro Mod "Great" vs "Ok" ....what is the criteria ?

As for you not sharing your name or what class you run.....that is your right and i will respect your decision on that. I'm sure you have sound reasons for not wanting to put your name on your statements.

Your last sentence has no truth to it....if you've noticed I've only asked people to post their name when they make certain comments regarding other racers. Perhaps you can provide evidence to support your last sentence ??

In my opinion if one racer chooses to judge another man on his driving ability then I feel that racer should be man enough to put his name on the statement. Now if a drag racing FAN comes on here and comments on driving ability we as racers just have to accept where that is coming from.

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
http://www.racingjunk.com/Drag-Racin...E-ENGINE-.html
David Hance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #48
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
agreed, but don't compare NMCA ( mostly amateurs ) with
NHRA Pro Modified. That's like triple AAA VS the Majors.
I believe if you took the top 5 NMCA drivers (Rini,Dunn,Budano,Lutz,King,OHare) and ran them against the top NHRA drivers in identically prepped cars the NMCA guys would win at least half of the time making them every bit as good. After having raced at a few NMCA races I can say from experience most Pro Street guys would do well in NHRA if they could afford both the time and $$ it takes to run NHRA.
X
As for you saying the NMCA vs NHRA is like AAA vs Majors I respectfully disagree and here's why: no matter how wealthy you are you ain't stepping on a major league field to play ball if you ain't good enough. Now in NHRA if you can write the check and manage to get the car down track 2 times you are in...big difference.

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
Old 02-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #49
promodvette
Banned
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hance View Post
As for you saying the NMCA vs NHRA is like AAA vs Majors I respectfully disagree and here's why: no matter how wealthy you are you ain't stepping on a major league field to play ball if you ain't good enough. Now in NHRA if you can write the check and manage to get the car down track 2 times you are in...big difference.
Here is where I disagree. Troy has all that Jegs money behind him. How many times was he DNQ last year and how many times did he get to second round? It still takes that "ain't good enough" part to be good enough in NHRA pro mod.
promodvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:11 AM   #50
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

[QUOTE=promodvette;8154974]Here is where I disagree. Troy has all that Jegs money behind him. How many times was he DNQ last year and how many times did he get to second round? It still takes that "ain't good enough" part to be good enough in NHRA pro mod.[/

Not sure what you disagree with...I said if you can write the check you can get into NHRA Pro Mod class. I will agree having a big check book doesn't mean your gonna win....I will also say this....just because a guy or gal loses 1st rd doesn't make them a bad driver....in NHRA and NMCA having high horsepower and having a consistent car combo Is as important as driving ability. If your 1st rd opponent has 300 horsepower over you despite u leaving 1st he will drive around you .

Being a good driver is not enough....
Having a big check book is not enough...

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
Old 02-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #51
Tony Christian
Launchin

Dave why are you arguing with someone with the name beetlesomething that claims hes from a trailer park..As far as troy being a good driver hes one of the best..TONY CHRISTIAN use your names
Tony Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #52
Tony Christian
Launchin

Dave cant you make this site where you have to use your name or stay off and go to the other one..Tony
Tony Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #53
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Christian View Post
Dave cant you make this site where you have to use your name or stay off and go to the other one..Tony
I suppose we could but it may be counter productive. Guys we don't mind fun, we don't mind a little "Smack" talk, we don't care if you don't use your name...The point of this Forum and why I and many others give it many hours is for the better-ment (sp?) of Pro Door car racing. Sooo we ask...Please when making comments read them before posting and ask yourself with this / can this hurt our sport ? Will my comments "Offend" anybody ?? And if the answer is yes then we ask that you post it in the Trash section. There may be some cases where a driver, a team or a crew member does something that is just wrong or not right in the course of battle...in those cases I suggest you post your name, the offending action and we as a community can work to rectify such. The end goal here is to make PRO MOD A PROFESSINAL CLASS ! It might not happen in my lifetime but I sure can keep trying !

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
Old 02-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #54
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Dave why are you arguing with someone with the name beetlesomething that claims hes from a trailer park..As far as troy being a good driver hes one of the best..TONY CHRISTIAN use your names
Not arguing with Beetle, just working a few things out. I've seen many other posts from Beetle and he often has good things to say and good insight...we need every drag racer we can and we can't afford to chase anybody away...

Beetle I bet you $1 dollar and 8 push-ups a Nitrous car qualifies #1 at Gainsville in 2 weeks ... ?? I would be 10 push-ups but can't get there ! lol. I got $10 bucks to gamble with so Tony C or anybody else want $1 dollar action there are $9 bucks still up for grabs !

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
Old 02-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #55
Beetlejuiceteeth
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Tony,

dont forget to take this today

Old 02-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #56
Beetlejuiceteeth
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hance View Post
Not arguing with Beetle, just working a few things out. I've seen many other posts from Beetle and he often has good things to say and good insight...we need every drag racer we can and we can't afford to chase anybody away...

Beetle I bet you $1 dollar and 8 push-ups a Nitrous car qualifies #1 at Gainsville in 2 weeks ... ?? I would be 10 push-ups but can't get there ! lol. I got $10 bucks to gamble with so Tony C or anybody else want $1 dollar action there are $9 bucks still up for grabs !
Leah or Troy will qualify number 1.. I will take that bet
Old 02-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #57
Beetlejuiceteeth
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:

Tony,

pick up , its Reiger on line one.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #58
Jim Wiens
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by promodvette View Post
Here is where I disagree. Troy has all that Jegs money behind him. How many times was he DNQ last year and how many times did he get to second round? It still takes that "ain't good enough" part to be good enough in NHRA pro mod.
Thought he drove Harrison's small block car most of the year and they brought out there new car at indy ?

Thanks to:
Mr Harry Hruska
Precision Turbo & Engine
Joe Oplawski Hyperaktive
Don Bailey of DCB Enterprises
Jim Wiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #59
lsXtra
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
That's like triple AAA VS the Majors.

This is a pretty good comparison actually. NHRA events are full every event and have pretty darn respectable bump spots 6.00 to 6.2x, NMCA rarely get 16 cars and the bump of course suffers.

That said, I really like racing NMCA, the racers are smart, very friendy, and extremely helpful.

It's all about BUDGET

Dave.......I'm game for $1......no way a nos car is #1.......deep in elims yes.....#1 nope

Last edited by lsXtra; 02-25-2012 at 10:53 AM.
lsXtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #60
Diesel power
Smoked another BBC

This is what makes a race car team. In any class.

Crew
Combo
Driver
Money

If you have all 4 working for you you will be at the top in every race.

If your missing just one, you WILL be at a disadvantage
2013 NHRDA National Pro stock champion
2013 NHRDA World Pro stock champion
2013 NHRDA Pro stock World record holder
"Honey Badger"
Fastest D- max diesel truck in the world 4.82 @ 152 1/8th 2800lbs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEzsM...vx38sW9Dkbi6zg
Diesel power is offline   Reply With Quote