what gun would you NEVER buy? - Page 7 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns

The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns TREE HUGGERS NOT WELCOME!!!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #91
snakeyes
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: what gun would you NEVER buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady View Post
wow.. If I'm ever in close combat, something has gone horribly awry.

How did your AR not work up to the expectation in your close combat experience?
food forthought:

the folks that can have any weapon system on the planet for their own use in combat chose the AR platform chambered in 6.8mm. Previously I'd spoken to a former SOG buddy of mine about the odd fact that they almost always took a CAR 15 into combat, and he said there was absolutely no way to make an AK anything quiet as well as hit anything reliably. It's a great weapon for sure, but as long as your shots are in the fifty foot range you'll do well, but then you turn around and have to make a hundred fifty yard head shot on somebody at a full run. You just can't get it done. He said that a few guys slung a sawed off shot gun on their backs for those very close in shots. He prefered a 1911a1
gary
snakeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #92
snakeyes
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofreek View Post
Feeding, yet its resolved. i just like a bit more metal flying from my end. ak is the most reliable asault rifle i know of(ask how many afgan and iraq vets had to buy their own stuff to make their rifles reliable in combat) ive got a few of them. nose heavy yes but to each his own. the ar platform is a great platform just not my go to for me.
I'd probably have to lable that issue to the end user. I carried an AR for almost 15 months without the slightest feeding problem, and I used mine. Now I'd be the first to say that I'd rather have an M14, but not becsuse it functions better. On the otherhand I've never seen a single person pick up an AK47 when there was a generic M1 or M2 Carbine laying on the ground close by. To be exact, I've seen more than a few folks drop an AK and pick up an M16, but never the otherway around.
gary
Old 02-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #93
rj2938
I have a liter of cola
Smoked Another SBC

I won't own a Glock...just doesn't feel right in my hand. Also I am not in love w/ Barret .50's like so many are. I will take a Savage out of the box in .338 Lapua in a heartbeat! I don't know why our military has to wase so much money developing a "sniper rifle" when they can buy one for a fraction of the cost and it perform better than what they came up with. But that is just my opinion.

I love my Walther PPK...it is an original German made piece. I knew the issues it had before I ever purchased it...so to me, anyone who buys it and complains is just a moron and should have known what to expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honk if parts fall off View Post
I'd rather get ripped off for a $400 restocking fee then have a priest finger my asshole...
rj2938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #94
turbofreek
your mamas ride home
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeyes View Post
I'd probably have to lable that issue to the end user. I carried an AR for almost 15 months without the slightest feeding problem, and I used mine. Now I'd be the first to say that I'd rather have an M14, but not becsuse it functions better. On the otherhand I've never seen a single person pick up an AK47 when there was a generic M1 or M2 Carbine laying on the ground close by. To be exact, I've seen more than a few folks drop an AK and pick up an M16, but never the otherway around.
gary
Mine was reciever related. my fix was another brand and it feels much better(colt). i do like my new one and may start playing wih it more. i just love my ak's. they are all acurate as the ar up to 250-300ish yrds.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #95
Fox84
Smoked another BBC

I have a Glock 23 gen 3. It does not feel as good in my hand as my 4 other handguns. I can't say I won't buy another. My XD45 just feels the best. They all go bang everytime I pull the trigger.
Fox84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #96
EB85
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj2938 View Post
Also I am not in love w/ Barret .50's like so many are. I will take a Savage out of the box in .338 Lapua in a heartbeat! I don't know why our military has to wase so much money developing a "sniper rifle" when they can buy one for a fraction of the cost and it perform better than what they came up with. But that is just my opinion.
I wonder if that has anything to do with 50cal and vehicles or light armor. I always thought that the 50 was first designed to fight a harder target than a torso and was later discovered that if works equally well against both. Kind of a became a dual purpose gun after that. Incendiary or armor piercing round one time for a Jeep or truck and ball ammo next for soft targets.

EB85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #97
jon volk
Smoked Another SBC

My understanding is the 50 bmg was primarily an anti-material weapon that happens to make a real good pink mist.
65 Mustang, 5.3 LS, T56, 68mm, lots of fiberglass and lexan #666stang on Instagram for build pics
jon volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #98
madloader
Launchin

http://youtu.be/JK2P70K4c94
at 6:10 you can see why the 50 is used.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #99
laffin gas
GOD
Smoked another BBC

i just want one of everything even if i dont shoot them all the time
Old 02-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #100
snakeyes
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Mine was reciever related. my fix was another brand and it feels much better(colt). i do like my new one and may start playing wih it more. i just love my ak's. they are all acurate as the ar up to 250-300ish yrds.
there'll be a lot of folks on this planet that would like to know how you manage to shoot accurately at 200 yards, let alone 300 yards. At onetime I had the very best AK47 ever built, and on a good day it was a 125 yard gun. Where as a typical M16 will shoot all the way out to 400 yards without too much of a problem. Plus the M16 will do accurate five and six shot bursts on 100 yard targets. The AK platform is a 1943 design that has long been outclassed.
gary
Old 02-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #101
5.0Cammer
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C White View Post
No way will I ever own a Desert Eagle.

I just got a DE 1911 and LOVE it!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #102
Flatblack79
Race Car Poor
Smoked Another SBC

Anything taurus

Flatblack79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #103
turbofreek
your mamas ride home
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeyes View Post
there'll be a lot of folks on this planet that would like to know how you manage to shoot accurately at 200 yards, let alone 300 yards. At onetime I had the very best AK47 ever built, and on a good day it was a 125 yard gun. Where as a typical M16 will shoot all the way out to 400 yards without too much of a problem. Plus the M16 will do accurate five and six shot bursts on 100 yard targets. The AK platform is a 1943 design that has long been outclassed.
gary
I guess me also saying open sited will just fuel the fire then huh? when ever i hear best one available. i think probably not so much. its an opinion not a fact. every person has a best type of weapon for them. most just never get to know or find that out. there are guns thst make any beginner look like a novice. ak is not one of them and the ar is.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #104
Brady
Roll Tide!
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
I guess me also saying open sited will just fuel the fire then huh? when ever i hear best one available. i think probably not so much. its an opinion not a fact. every person has a best type of weapon for them. most just never get to know or find that out. there are guns thst make any beginner look like a novice. ak is not one of them and the ar is.
nov·ice (nvs)n.1. A person new to a field or activity; a beginner.
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #105
Tanner
Pullin gears

I will never own another Llama. It was a cheap 1911 style pistol, failures to feed and eject every magazine. Was just dangerous with how much you had to work with it. I will also never buy another Bersa .380. Got my wife one, had to send it back to factory twice to get it to function properly. Took a ton of polishing feed ramp and chamber. Works fine now, but a company should not put out a product that's not ready to go go go.

I see O.C.'s comments on the first page about the Desert Eagle. As a side note, don't let this deter you from looking at the Baby Eagle line. Our older Baby Eagle in .40 cal is the favorite shooting gun of everyone in my whole family. Never a hiccup, and it's a really smooth functioning design. I wish I had one in a subcompact for carry IWB.