what gun would you NEVER buy? - Page 4 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns

The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns TREE HUGGERS NOT WELCOME!!!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #46
thrasher
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: what gun would you NEVER buy?

A derringer or alot of the crappy little pocket guns. I know they might have a purpose but not for me.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #47
kelly andersen
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kountryboy2 View Post
Take your 357 to, Alaska Grizzle hunting.
Yup, Ol Tom would make a great late morning snack. LOL
Old 02-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #48
kelly andersen
Smoked Another SBC

S&W sigma,you'd stand a better chance of hitting something if you thru the weapon at it. Baikal shotguns also,early ones were junk.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #49
Vip18971
Dick for hire
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMF View Post
for those saying glocks does this include the gen 4 with the changeable grips?
Gen 4 Glocks are an absolute travesty all-around. Record number of malfunctions and that "RTF" or whatever its called grip is awful. Like grabbing sandpaper.

I'd never buy a HiPoint pistol.
. . .dying time's here!
Vip18971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #50
1st_Gen
WTF?
Smoked Another SBC

Any high dollar 1911. Just don't have any use for one. Taurus? I'll probably buy another one at some point. Useful, reliable, cost effective guns. I don't own handguns for show.
If it wasn't for Texas.

“In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness,” Robert Griffin III

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
The best plan allows you to not be called "victim" at the end.
1st_Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #51
427Wcoupe
Launchin

Never owned a semi-auto Taurus, but my experience with their revolvers has been very good. My buddy has had a semi-auto for over 15 years and never has had a problem with it. I probably won't ever own a handgun that is much over $1k or a rifle north of $1.5k.
427Wcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #52
snakeyes
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kountryboy2 View Post
Take your 357 to, Alaska Grizzle hunting.
I've got a buddy that lives about four or five miles from Denali N.P, and he's a real character. No indoor plumbing per say, and relies on a Super Redhawk everytime he goes to the shitter. He's told me that more than once he had a visitor while taking care of business. Now Dave takes that big 44 mag because he dosn't have a .454 (last time I heard)
gary
snakeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #53
snakeyes
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 346notch View Post
I beg a differ for hunting, own a smith stainless 629 with 6" and absolutely love it, to each his own tho
I have a 629 Classic that's been thru the Performance Center (or whatever they call it). It's got the 8" barrel with the rubber grips, and the recoil isn't not all that bad. I'd actually put it to be similar to shooting my Blackhawk in .357 with full tilt 158 grain loads. I believe the rubber grip has a lot to do with the felt recoil. The loads I shoot are 250 grain cast lead at 1350 fps. Not smoking but also not very mild as well. On the otherhand I shoot a 12" barrel in a T/C with a brake, and will push a 250 grain bullet to 1700fps. That load is a hand full, and felt recoil is stiff. Perhaps one needs to try an interesting .357 round to get a wake up call. Try the .357 Herrett with a 180 grain bullet.
gary
Old 02-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #54
snakeyes
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom396 View Post
So you guys actually go into the bush, with a handgun, hoping to meet a grizzly?

Only way I'm gonna encounter a grizzly is if he is hunting me.

Also, I wouldn't buy a gun with an odd caliber, 16 gauge shotgun for example. Take care. Tom Worthington.
Oh BOY!!

You just treaded on sacred ground!! The 16 gauge and the 28 gauge are well known to be near perfect shotgun rounds. A 12 gauge in 2 1/2" is also in that group. The one shotgun in life that I've always wanted to own is a Bernadelli Hemingway in 16 gauge with the coined finish, and maybe the samething in 12 gauge to keep it company while in the safe!
gary
Old 02-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #55
snakeyes
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead5458 View Post
Any High Dollar 1911. They are a great gun with 101 years of history, that owes much of its popularity to Jeff Cooper, and all of his articles for Guns 'n Ammo in the '60's & '70's. For around $500 you can get a Smith M&P or a Sprgfld XD in .45 and with the extra money, buy a bunch of ammo and practice with a better more reliable firearm.
And before I get slammed for '1911 heresy', let me say I carried a 1911-A1 in combat and had to use it twice during an M-60 failure. Like I said, a great gun and an historical icon, but not worth spending a ton of money on it.
I carried a Jim Clark built 1911a1 (an actual Colt built one at that) for a tour in the combat zone. Got it in a poker game up on LZ West, and that gun never failed me ever. There were a couple things in that gun I didn't like (blocked grip saftey and the barrel bushing was extremely tight), but for a Sunday goto metting gun it was hard to beat
gary
Old 02-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #56
snakeyes
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck u Farley M.D. View Post
Phoenix, Highpoint, Keltec, Ruger lcp, Smith Sigma, Stoeger, Any Kimber built since 01, Olympic arms, Charles daly, Any non Russian, Chinese or Egytion Ak.
a few months back I ran over 90 rounds thru an Olympic Ar15 chambered in 5.56. The rifle shot .60 groups, one right after another. The loads were built for my 700VS with 55 grain Vamx bullets over BLC2 at 3270 fps in a 20" barrel. The trigger took some getting used to, and that round forend sucked. Otherwise I think it would have been a half inch gun.

On the otherhand the Olympic copies of the High Standard 22's were nothing to write home about
gary
Old 02-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #57
dangerzoneracing
waiting to make a pass!
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer300 View Post
I have never liked the look or feel of the glock. I know they are a good gun they just don't fit my hand feels like holding a box? I bought a wildey 475 mag a while back it was worse than a glock in fit and jammed all the time wouldn't buy another but it does look bad ass.
Yea, I have a 475 Wildey, cool gun but not not worth a damn for the money, having to tune the regulator when you change ammo type, and even then you get periodic feed jams. But people at the range all want to check it out.

73 Nova
just a regular naturally aspirated pee wee
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence?
dangerzoneracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #58
snakeyes
Smoked Another SBC

guess I gotta be different, but the one I'd never buy again is a Sig P220. The gun is a poor design from the start. I doubt you'll ever see me buying anymore Remingtons anymore as well. Maybe a clone, but not a factry rifle. The last couple ruined that name for me. I own several Ruger hand guns, but will not buy anymore long guns they make. Also will never buy a new one as the Ruger bunch supported the Brady Bill.
gary
Old 02-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #59
Nasty93
Smoked another BBC

One guy said any AK or AK varient?
that why is that? I prefer the AR platform but as far as $ to reliability. The AK is pretty hard to beat.
Im a fan of the AK74 as far as cheapness to shoot, and being confident it will fire when it needs to fire. Id trust my life to an AK if i had to... now a taurus or hi point... not so much

Galto Racing Enterprises
AES Racing Engines
Nasty93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #60
BTL FED
In Glock I Trust
Smoked Another SBC

Anything that has Hipoint stamped on it.