Here is a race, i'm trying to kick off! Feedback plz! - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 02-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #31
twincoupe
Spooled up

Default Re: Here is a race, i'm trying to kick off! Feedback plz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE STING View Post
7 is not 20 , and then how many will actually go when the time comes to put up the rest of the cash....and how many of those 7 have given you the deposit....

Sorry to seem like im raggin but thats way to much for the lack of rules...to many will be affraid of what possibly could show up.....now if you said 1000 bucks entry to win 17k with stock style suspension cars only or maybe any suspension and just a tire size limit and no other rules , i would think that may be doable.....hey but good luck...
Thx you, that may happen if all else fails but i'm going to ride this concept out first! Again, one of the best replies so far thx you!
twincoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
twincoupe
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SproGirl02 View Post
First and foremost, if you are trying to run a proffesional style race, please spell check your posts. The miss spellings and absense of letters, is not making you look very good as a promotoer at least not in my eyes. Secondy, I realize that the race is a grudge race. But is it really? I am not sure about that. I know for a fact that most grudge racers pick out their competition, they are carefully studyed and watched to make sure that there will be a fair fight. If this race has no resistriction and most guys there are running 5.30s and there is a 4.30 car there ( just as an expample) He is going to sweep the race to matter what spot is given. In a perfect world, perfect reality all cars would be closely matched and the back tire rules would be acceptable. If you are looking to start grudge racing up in NY, the easiest thing to do would be to ask racers in and around your area there car types, and find out where the majority of the cars fall. If everyone there or 80% are ss guys then have a heads up ss race. To me a race with a payout and entry is not a grudge race at all. I dont know how everyone does it but where i am two grudge racers talk shit, bet money, and give spots in needed. There is no entry fee, or payout just what you pay to get in the track. You are only risking your money and car one time. Why would i pay 1,500 to race lets say 10 other cars to win 20,000? When i could put up 1,500 and run 10 grudge matches if I won them all I would make 15,000. If i only won half I would break even. This format and calling it a grudge race just doesnt make any sense. BTW my last point , IF YOU ASK FOR FEEDBACK DONT GET MAD WHEN PEOPLE GIVE IT TO YOU !!!!
First off, i'm not mad i'm laughing! Thx's for ur input!

P.s You spelled professional wrong, it only has one f.. Have a nice day!!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #33
twincoupe
Spooled up

If i went to $1,000 per entry, only two people would get money winner and runner up! I'm trying to pay 2nd round on, after buy back round is complete! This way, everyone get something not just two people!! thxs
Old 02-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #34
Nuclear Waste
Pullin gears

I think its a cool idea, I grew up @ Westhampton Raceway (L.I.). Although I am not a grudge racer, I run TS, I remember how exciting it was to watch.
I do think with that much money involved, you will end up with PM and TS cars showing up, capable of 4.0's and 3 sec 1/8 mile ets. This will keep away many ss guys.
The 50k Last Man standing Race was cool ( I think it was Carolina Dragway) It was a PM race, no times were shown, all runs heads up 1/8 mile.
Good luck with it. If its held at Lebanon, I might come watch.
Make sure you have adequate security incase the shit talking gets outta hand. You always get some jerkoffs who wanna brawl, or whip out guns.
Nuclear Waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #35
SproGirl02
Smoked Another SBC

Yea I realize I spelled professional wrong, I'm not the one putting on a race or trying to. You keep saying you are a grudge racer, if you truly are you should understand the problem with this. I mean honestly would you put up 1,5000 to race a car that might be a second faster than you?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #36
SproGirl02
Smoked Another SBC

1,500*
Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #37
twincoupe
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by twincoupe View Post
First off, i'm not mad i'm laughing! Thx's for ur input!

P.s You spelled professional wrong, it only has one f.. Have a nice day!!
Also it's a grudge style race format, that will have alot of grudge racing going on!! Also to let anyone know, the grudgeracers from down south get paid to come to events and race!! There names get people to come out to watch, you think this or add this up! At $20 a head, times 1,500-2,500 people and you see 5-10 grudge races maybe?? So who really makes the money?? The tracks!!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #38
SproGirl02
Smoked Another SBC

Truly I don't even care, I would not drive to NY for a million dollar race with a free entry fee I hate it up north. I just don't want to see another fellow racer get screwed over like mike chandler did. He put a lot of time and money into promoting a heads up race in virginia, you can see the thread on here where racers liked the format and wanted to come. However he still couldn't get enough support he needed and he had to cancel the whole thing. I think it's great you are trying to get grudge racing going up north. I just don't see people traveling that far for some guys race no one has ever heard of with an expensive entry fee and a brand new format sorry laugh or hate or whatever you want but I just don't see this working. I hope it does, and if it does that's awesome but if it doesn't I told you so.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #39
twincoupe
Spooled up

Quote:
Yea I realize I spelled professional wrong, I'm not the one putting on a race or trying to. You keep saying you are a grudge racer, if you truly are you should understand the problem with this. I mean honestly would you put up 1,5000 to race a car that might be a second faster than you?
In the 1/8 up here?? I'll bet my life, it isn't one up here that fast that will be in the race! Dude why are you so scared to try? I don't know where your from, but here there aren't alot of grudgeracing going on plus there isn't alot of fast cars. So ss car might more then likely be the winner, but who know's? If you have a car, like you said come try!!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #40
SproGirl02
Smoked Another SBC

I am a female btw, and I have a car it runs low fives. First you said you were going to get guys from around the country. If there's not going to be any really fast cars there then like I said before this format would work. It only takes one really fast car to ruin the whole show.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #41
twincoupe
Spooled up

Quote:
Truly I don't even care, I would not drive to NY for a million dollar race with a free entry fee I hate it up north. I just don't want to see another fellow racer get screwed over like mike chandler did. He put a lot of time and money into promoting a heads up race in virginia, you can see the thread on here where racers liked the format and wanted to come. However he still couldn't get enough support he needed and he had to cancel the whole thing. I think it's great you are trying to get grudge racing going up north. I just don't see people traveling that far for some guys race no one has ever heard of with an expensive entry fee and a brand new format sorry laugh or hate or whatever you want but I just don't see this working. I hope it does, and if it does that's awesome but if it doesn't I told you so.
Your making this personal to me, i don't know who Mike Chandler or what happened to him. I had nothing to do with it, also if guy's like you feel that way! Meaning, you have a good car but you feel the price is to much and will be faster cars there. Makes so much better, for the little guy to have the payday of his or her life!! Say all the fast guy's like you stay home, someone or team will get paid lovely!! Take care!!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #42
SproGirl02
Smoked Another SBC

I am not a guy and am by no means fast.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #43
twincoupe
Spooled up

Quote:
I am a female btw, and I have a car it runs low fives. First you said you were going to get guys from around the country. If there's not going to be any really fast cars there then like I said before this format would work. It only takes one really fast car to ruin the whole show.
They are mostly bracket cars, there use to heads up racing the break is a whole other game!!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #44
SproGirl02
Smoked Another SBC

If it were me I'd limit to 1 system of nitrous or n/a
Then I would break it down
Old 02-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #45
SproGirl02
Smoked Another SBC

And I would put a ci limit as well