Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Ultra Street Turbo question

11K views 77 replies 16 participants last post by  luv2xlr8 
#1 ·
Is a Large Frame 80mm turbo legal at Cecil for Ultra street? The Cecil rules only state 80mm, it does not go any further.

This is all I see in the rules pertaining to the actual turbo:

TURBO WEIGHTS:
T-76 - 3150
T-80 - 3200

No Billet wheels on turbo combo

No Reducers on turbo or supercharged combo

All turbos and superchargers must be as manufactured from factory

#51 ·
You should have just showed up and raced.

#52 ·
I'll be there with my new badass 80mm. I just got it Friday!!!!! It fits the rules right now. No way they can change it a month before testing. That would not be a good way for Cecil to build a new class. In the end I think Cecil has the final say.... This class is to new and Cecil will have the most support out of all tracks...

#58 ·
What's the chances of IRS power adder cars allow to run 10.5's instead of just radials?

Especially C5 & C6 Corvettes, because of the weak trans-axle design. (needs side wall tire flex to survive)
I have a friend that has been over 200mph with IRS on radials???

#57 ·
There are no weights for the F1r and Xi... Are these blowers running at the same 3250# as the F1c and YSi, or are they 3300 like X275?

Asking for a friend :p

DonB.

#64 ·
also got 100 pound hit for tfs-r heads,kind of overkill as most people prefer highports that make just as much power with no weight penalty but I ain't bitching Im runnin this class till I can't compete weather it be after the first race or not.Thanks for giving the lower budget guys a chance to have a radial class.

#71 ·
I have to agree with Honk on this one.... How can you have a new class work, when people are telling you turbos are not legal...... Then in the rules it does not state that... I read the rules that any 80mm turbo is legal , as long as it has no billet wheel...

#72 ·
Exactly....

And to clarify, my car has a S480 midframe. I was not crying to anyone allow L/F turbos, i'm more then happy to run the turbo i already own. I was asking for the rules to specify that a LF was or was not legal. However if a LF is allowed to run, I will buy one.

If you print the rules to the track website you cannot expect that racers know there was a post on yellowbullet.com that says something is not legal. If it's not legal put it in the rules or live with it if people show up.

Conversely I agree with drunk stang, it's now very late to just change the wording, i'm sure a few guys bought LF's at a substantial cost, hopefully they are not stuck with them.

#73 ·
That was what I was trying to say. Not everyone is on the bullet. People that go off the official rules on Cecil's site will not be aware of what is or isn't aloud

#74 ·
didnt know there was offical rules on cecils site??????????? the class and its rules were started on yellow bullet as far as I know if it wasn,t for this web site how would anyone know about this class just sayin. any links to them there cecil offical rules cause i would like to see em also. (not talking yb rules cause I read them one million times but apperently there are magic rules somewhere I can't find lol.

#78 ·
im thinking the s480R is the best choice. who thinks it can go 5.0X?? i dont think it can honestly but time will tell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.