Photography Point and shoot, SLR, 35mm or any other photography chat here

Old 01-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
Lonnie Gautreau
Prick Pro PhotoG
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: First attempt at wedding pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom87SS View Post
ive been asked to do a few now, and resist for teh fer of just flat out sucking. I hate the feeling knowing the people looking at my pics dont like them, makes me feel like crap, but thats just me. Now on that, i have been to 2 weddings where i brought my camera, but they really arent much more than hitting some manual settings and point n shoot to capture who was there. i have no idea how the vibe and flow of a wedding works so its a little uneasy even just taking pics for the hell of it. now i gave each couple a CD of my images as an additional wedding gift and they actually liked a bunch of my pics over teh hired photographers stuff and had it printed and framed for their house. I do have a possible wedding to shoot for a YB members brother this year...and its a bit nail biting for me. but i think as long as you go in open minded and they know you may not be the $10,000 a day photographer both people will be happy in the long run.
Bring your camera and drinking shoes next year to Texas lol.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #17
JEFF MARTIN
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom87SS View Post
ive been asked to do a few now, and resist for teh fer of just flat out sucking. I hate the feeling knowing the people looking at my pics dont like them, makes me feel like crap, but thats just me. Now on that, i have been to 2 weddings where i brought my camera, but they really arent much more than hitting some manual settings and point n shoot to capture who was there. i have no idea how the vibe and flow of a wedding works so its a little uneasy even just taking pics for the hell of it. now i gave each couple a CD of my images as an additional wedding gift and they actually liked a bunch of my pics over teh hired photographers stuff and had it printed and framed for their house. I do have a possible wedding to shoot for a YB members brother this year...and its a bit nail biting for me. but i think as long as you go in open minded and they know you may not be the $10,000 a day photographer both people will be happy in the long run.
First of all, everyone knows that your stuff does not suck. you are an excellent photographer. I still receive trade mags on wedding photography and the current "trend" in wedding photography is towards a Photo journalistic approach. Not being so posed and formal with the photos. This is what you are doing already. Yes you are correct, go in open minded with confidence and everyone will be happy with the results.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #18
Lonnie Gautreau
Prick Pro PhotoG
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF MARTIN View Post
First of all, everyone knows that your stuff does not suck. you are an excellent photographer. I still receive trade mags on wedding photography and the current "trend" in wedding photography is towards a Photo journalistic approach. Not being so posed and formal with the photos. This is what you are doing already. Yes you are correct, go in open minded with confidence and everyone will be happy with the results.

That man an do anything if he tries. His stuff has come a long long way from when I first met him.