Attn all PRO DOOR CAR DRIVERS & OWNERS...PLEASE STEP INSIDE... - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Pro Modified

Pro Modified Talk about Pro-Mod racing with censorship...

Old 12-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #16
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Attn all PRO DOOR CAR DRIVERS & OWNERS...PLEASE STEP INSIDE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemoney View Post
I dont think us crew chiefs can post Casey, it is for driver and car owners
Hi...please accept my apology for not considering crew chiefs...if your a bonafide crew chief on a car then your imput would be very valuable. If this works out there should be some kind of leadership panel...said panel would make decisons.

Attn all Crew Chiefs & TUNERS/tuner consultants...please consider joining the PDCA !

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
http://www.racingjunk.com/Drag-Racin...E-ENGINE-.html
David Hance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #17
littlemoney
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hance View Post
Hi...please accept my apology for not considering crew chiefs...if your a bonafide crew chief on a car then your imput would be very valuable. If this works out there should be some kind of leadership panel...said panel would make decisons.

Attn all Crew Chiefs & TUNERS/tuner consultants...please consider joining the PDCA !
Dave one question, do you think this would recv backlash from the orgs? I think it is a great idea.
littlemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #18
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg hindman View Post
Sure sounds like a union...
Oh the irony...
Soon you will be demanding things!
Strong arming the associations...
I thought this attitude is what killed America?

So let me get this straight Dave you want pro racers (mostly republican, Non union successful business owners)
To join your association (union) to unite for rights, safety,rules,and purse I assume ... Lol

I myself would like to make it perfectly clear that the purpose of the association is to give racers a united voice. I do believe the NHRA & ADRL would be receptive to driver concerns "IF" said concerns were voiced in a constructive manner. Members of the association must also be aware that most, if not all, of our racing associations are fragile and to think your gonna push an association around can backfire resulting in NO place to race. Again we want to make things better for us, the track operators and our associations. We need to work together to bring more sponsor dollars to our associations & too our race teams.

We need a president and 3 deputies who will represent each power adder ( Nitrous, Blown & Turbo). Ideally we would then add one racer rep from each association (NHRA, ADRL, NMCA, other associations and one rep for all the independant stuff).

This won't happen over night.

Greg...in closing please know I'm not interested in any position...too many conflicts of interest exist. This is NOT my association. I believe we need 50 drivers to come forward and join before we can start nominations then elections. Greg would you consider coming aboard ?

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
Old 12-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #19
Bill Lutz
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Dave one question, do you think this would recv backlash from the orgs? I think it is a great idea.
I think the simple answer is yes at first but it will get better over time and more recognized like PRO is in NHRA. The whole key to anything is being a group and sticking together even if you don't agree with everything.

Mickey Thompson tires and wheels
Diamond Pistons
Firecore 50 wires
Pro Torque Converters NY
Turbos by Garrett
Magnafuel pump and regulators
PTP
Scott Braskett Race Cars
Rossler Transmissions
The driveshaft shop
Haltech EFI

WWW.BILLLUTZRACING.COM
Bill Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #20
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
You make a great point...if this association does gain traction and we attract 50 members then one of the FIRST things I would recommend leadership to do is reach out to the associations....let them know we want to make things better for them, we want to help them in any way we can. We want the associations to not only listen to our driver concerns but we want to hear some of the concerns the associations have ! Hopfully the PDCA will not only make things better for our drivers but for our associations too.

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
Old 12-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #21
Bill Lutz
Smoked Another SBC

Bill Lutz owner / driver
Canal Winchester Ohio
1969 Camaro built by Scott Braskett race cars
BAE twin turbo built by Scott Braskett
NMCA Pro Street, NEOPM, Mike Hills race, Indy Saturday night rage, Milan Friday nights and a few more independent races.
Goals to have one of the most consistent turbo combos and win the NMCA Championship in 2012.
Always looking for sponsors / partners that would love to help fun a top notch pro mod car.

Diamond Pistons
Firecore 50 wires
Pro Torque Converters NY
Turbos by Garrett
PTP
Scott Braskett Race Cars
Rossler Transmissions
The driveshaft shop
Haltech EFI

WWW.BILLLUTZRACING.COM
Old 12-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #22
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Hello all...just received 4 PM's from people with questions...

some wanted a better "definition" of a Pro Door Car...

At this moment in time Pro Mod type cars that run in exisiting Pro Mod type associations...Nitrous, Blown & Turbo Charged Pro Chassis including cars that run in Auto-Pro Mod and NMCA Prostreet, NHRA GSA, ADRL....

If the association takes hold and leadership is voted into place then they would be tasked with coming up with entry rules...

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
Old 12-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #23
buschmec
Regrouping......
Smoked another BBC

Dave, i didnt see the lack of crewchief in the first post. I added our team/car to the mix because I am the voice for our team. The driver is my father and he does'nt get on the computer. The owner may chime in at one point but as of now can't even make it too the races. The only way for the pdca to work is for it to be respectful, deliberate, and understanding. I have seen series come and go in the last 15yrs of running, I dont wish for the adrl to fall away,I have been one of their proponents for many years. The recent changes and continuing alterations are agravating to say the least and I have possibly been more critical as of late because our budget is getting tighter. Our sponsor is bringing some parts to the market that could make a difference in the promod arena. This puts money in his shop, but at the same time takes it away from the team so every dollar counts. I will list my concerns in the coming days as to the future of adrl for us, but this thread should be more about the formation of the pdca. Thank you for including the crew chiefs and look forward to the results this could bring.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #24
buschmec
Regrouping......
Smoked another BBC

and for the record, Bubba Corzine would be a great source for the pdca......
Old 12-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #25
Bill Lutz
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschmec View Post
and for the record, Bubba Corzine would be a great source for the pdca......
X3 I don't think anyone could argue with his knowledge of the sport but I do wonder if a association like ADRL would even talk with Bubba?

Diamond Pistons
Firecore 50 wires
Pro Torque Converters NY
Turbos by Garrett
PTP
Scott Braskett Race Cars
Rossler Transmissions
The driveshaft shop
Haltech EFI

WWW.BILLLUTZRACING.COM
Old 12-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #26
vmicciolo
Pullin gears

Quote:
The time has come to unite all Pro Door Car Drivers & Owners into an association. The "P.D.C.A" or Pro Door Car Association stated goal would be to give Pro Door Car Drivers a united voice, work towards common goals such as:
1) safety
2) rules discussion
3) search for ways to make our sport better.
4) other benefits will follow (group discounts etc)
5) racer network...we may be able to help each other some way...

There is lots to be said and we can nominate & vote for leadership. The key to the P.D.C.A. becoming successful would be MEMBERSHIP. We need every person driving a Pro Car to join. To the many many drivers who NEVER come on the internet I ask that you make the decision NOW to come on the internet. We will not ask you to post or type things on a regular basis...rather that one time coming on, introducing yourself and tell us a little about yourself. I ask the members that do come on the board to assist those members who may not know how to join or make a posts.

Some basic rules to start with...

a) Keep it clean, construction and for the betterment of Pro Door Car Racing !

b) you have to own or drive a Pro Type Drag race car (must have seen action in last 3 seasons. Media and Drag Race Coverage personel also are welcomed to join but must cover Pro Door car events or do PR for Pro Door car teams. Pro Door Car sponsors are also encouraged to join.

c) The PDCA is an international association, If you live and race on the Planet Earth and own or drive a Pro Door car please Join !

d) You must use your full name...sorry no screen names or nick names. Fans & Friends you are more than welcome to view and ask our Pro Drivers Questions.

So much more to say...any interest ? If so please help us get thru a 15 day trial period by coming on this thread and answering a few basic questions. for ex, see below

NAME..................david hance
x
hometown..........Inwood, NY
x
Classes run.........Pro Mod, Pro Street, X 10.5
x
Associations run..Northeast Pro Mods, ADRL, NMCA, NHRA & several independent races.
x
Racecar info & power type: Tim McAmis 57 Chevy powered by Twin Turbo BAE Hemi. We also run automatic Transmission.
x
Your goals or dreams are...(optional)...Our goals are to one day drive a competitive Turbo car in the ADRL Pro Extreme class and to win the NHRA GSA Pro Mod championship...all in the same year ! oh yes, win Shakedown Pro blown class too !

I urge all my fellow Pro Door Car race teams to join and to help us get every Pro Driver involved. Having a united voice can be of huge benefit when dealing with our associations.
Dave, IMO it's a great idea but not new to Pro Mod Racing. There are several Pro Mod Associations centered on their series. I know of one (NEOPM) that put out a survey asking for racers input on many aspects of the series and took it to heart in making decisions on how to make the sport more competitive, safe, cost effective, etc...

After running the NEOPM series for 3 years I learned allot about what works and what doesnít work and fought for the racers to make it fair for all.

With so many smaller Pro Mod series and events popping up everywhere due to the economy and need to race closer to home, focus should be standardization of rules for legal and outlaw racing. Some teams have large budgets, and some small budgets, and rules that allow all teams to be competitive and racing that is cost effective is what will keep the Pro Mods alive well into the future.

Good luck and long live Pro Mods.
vmicciolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #27
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschmec View Post
Dave, i didnt see the lack of crewchief in the first post. I added our team/car to the mix because I am the voice for our team. The driver is my father and he does'nt get on the computer. The owner may chime in at one point but as of now can't even make it too the races. The only way for the pdca to work is for it to be respectful, deliberate, and understanding. I have seen series come and go in the last 15yrs of running, I dont wish for the adrl to fall away,I have been one of their proponents for many years. The recent changes and continuing alterations are agravating to say the least and I have possibly been more critical as of late because our budget is getting tighter. Our sponsor is bringing some parts to the market that could make a difference in the promod arena. This puts money in his shop, but at the same time takes it away from the team so every dollar counts. I will list my concerns in the coming days as to the future of adrl for us, but this thread should be more about the formation of the pdca. Thank you for including the crew chiefs and look forward to the results this could bring.
Thanks Casey...Please thank you and please Thank your dad for all his service to our sport. Thank you for coming aboard. Now start showing Dad how to use that computer ! We want to hear from him before the season starts ! lol

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
Old 12-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #28
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmicciolo View Post
Dave, IMO it's a great idea but not new to Pro Mod Racing. There are several Pro Mod Associations centered on their series. I know of one (NEOPM) that put out a survey asking for racers input on many aspects of the series and took it to heart in making decisions on how to make the sport more competitive, safe, cost effective, etc...

After running the NEOPM series for 3 years I learned allot about what works and what doesnít work and fought for the racers to make it fair for all.

With so many smaller Pro Mod series and events popping up everywhere due to the economy and need to race closer to home, focus should be standardization of rules for legal and outlaw racing. Some teams have large budgets, and some small budgets, and rules that allow all teams to be competitive and racing that is cost effective is what will keep the Pro Mods alive well into the future.

Good luck and long live Pro Mods.
Merry Xmas Vito ! Thank you for posting. When you say this proposed association is "NOT NEW" to Pro Mod....have there been other Pro Door Car Associations (Excluding PRO) where Pro Mod People got together internationally for the better of Pro Mod Racing ? I did receive the survey you guys put in in the NE Pro Mod association and thought it was a great thing to do.

As for coming up with a standard set of rules...I feel this could be one of the biggest reasons why Pro Mod survives in the future. With Drag racing expanding internationally coming up with a simplified rule package can go a long way in cutting costs, increasing competition and making life easier on Racing Associations.

Vito are you in ??

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
Old 12-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #29
Leavinsteven
REBUILDING
Smoked Another SBC

Wow great idea and reading! I am not a Pro Door Car owner but it sounds like a great idea Mr Hance! My input would be to ALSO create a website AND definitely a FACEBOOK page!

http://youtu.be/5L5h8pyAG6Q
Life is Drag Racing....
Everything else is waiting.
Leavinsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
vmicciolo
Pullin gears

Quote:
Merry Xmas Vito ! Thank you for posting. When you say this proposed association is "NOT NEW" to Pro Mod....have there been other Pro Door Car Associations (Excluding PRO) where Pro Mod People got together internationally for the better of Pro Mod Racing ? I did receive the survey you guys put in in the NE Pro Mod association and thought it was a great thing to do.

As for coming up with a standard set of rules...I feel this could be one of the biggest reasons why Pro Mod survives in the future. With Drag racing expanding internationally coming up with a simplified rule package can go a long way in cutting costs, increasing competition and making life easier on Racing Associations.

Vito are you in ??
Merry Christmas Dave, and to all my drag racing friends.
Although I no longer work with the NEOPM, I am working on other TV projects with Jimmy Biggs to bring attention to Drag Racing, specifically Pro Mods and Mountain Motor Pro Stocks.
You know Iím a strong supporter of the class, and I will help with anything I can to help standardize and grow the class.
I believe you need to find other methods to reach many of the pro mod teams, as many of them donít follow all of the message boards, or follow other boards, or donít use a computer, lol, but true.
vmicciolo is offline   Reply With Quote