PRO MOD SAFETY TIPS & "NEAR MISSINGS", PLEASE SHARE SOME WITH US.... - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Pro Modified

Pro Modified Talk about Pro-Mod racing with censorship...

Old 11-19-2011, 11:47 PM   #31
redeuce
Classic Car Appraiser
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: PRO MOD SAFETY TIPS & "NEAR MISSINGS", PLEASE SHARE SOME WITH US....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownalky View Post
Ditto on that. Had the same thing happen (driver's door against the wall) this year, good to practice getting out on the other side. One thing for sure though, when a real accident or fire happens, you move A LOT faster and don't worry about breaking crap in the car when you are trying to get out. It's truly amazing how fast the HANS, window net and harness come off when things get hot. Know your car before it happens.
No more of that next year, right Tom?

Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #32
Blownalky
Screwed and Loving It
Pullin gears

Default Re: PRO MOD SAFETY TIPS & "NEAR MISSINGS", PLEASE SHARE SOME WITH US....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeuce View Post
No more of that next year, right Tom?

That's the plan, just down the straight and narrow. Again, that's the plan.
Blownalky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #33
n201k
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFHockeyguy View Post
N201K, I agree with you to a point. At tracks with established safety teams let the guys work. Coming from the safety crew side of the house, I hate it when crew members come running down to the scene and push past me while i'm tryin to work on the driver. If we're having a diffcult time extricating your driver let us know you went over different scenario's and offer advice. You know how the car was built. Cutting the bars is the last thing I wanna do to anyone's car.
LOL thats how i intended my post to come out lol.
n201k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #34
mrdragster1970
T/S 368E, AA/PM 368E
Smoked Another SBC

Bottle safety, bottle safety, bottle safety!!!!

For my babies, we will always remember.
In memory of Chris
Costa, you will never meet a nicer guy. I will never forget your kindness, when I needed it.
mrdragster1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #35
3badbirds
Pullin gears

Another thing is we can never get complaicent with these beast, thats when they will bite you. Dont try to be a hero or try and show u have nuts the size of texas by overdriving. All it takes is that one time of thinking I got this and boom ur out $200,000.00.

Last edited by 3badbirds; 11-20-2011 at 08:33 PM.
3badbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #36
mrdragster1970
T/S 368E, AA/PM 368E
Smoked Another SBC

Exactly, and when your so called buddies say it didn't look that bad, or you should have stayed in it,
tell them to go POUND SAND!! It's your ass & your check book.
After 29 frigging years I had a guy tell me it was my driving??
It's not my driving when the rear end got loose so I clicked it, stuff happens quick, and I'm no hero!!

In memory of Chris
Costa, you will never meet a nicer guy. I will never forget your kindness, when I needed it.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #37
FFHockeyguy
Launchin

MrDragster, can you elaborate on your bottle safety comment... 201 are you on your tracks safety team?
FFHockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #38
Flex
Pullin gears

have extinguishers on your golf cart or tow vehicle. many times your crew will be the first responders. also, prior to the race locate the tracks fire bottles in the shut down area. if there aren't any have them put some there. several times i've been at the end by myself smell something burning then think "crap where are the extinguishers here?"
one more, on board fire bottles are like parachutes, if you want to stop pull both. if you need to put out a flame pull both.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #39
mrdragster1970
T/S 368E, AA/PM 368E
Smoked Another SBC

That's means don't leave them laying all over.
Don't set them some where that they can fall.
Don't leave them unattended when heating.
Destroy any bottle that some idiot used a torch on!!
Don't try to carry 2-3 bottles at once, no matter how big & strong you think you are.

I just want everyone to remember what happened last year or ?? when we lost a racer because of a freak bottle accident!!

I have 2 extinguishers in the golf cart, I have 2 big shop towels, dzuz tools, spare tow strap, safety glass' (bugs when towing),
Gatorade when hot out, hat & bandana. It can get hot out and sitting in staging is not the place to get dizzy, dehydrated!!

In memory of Chris
Old 11-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #40
Beetlejuiceteeth
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex View Post
have extinguishers on your golf cart or tow vehicle. many times your crew will be the first responders. also, prior to the race locate the tracks fire bottles in the shut down area. if there aren't any have them put some there. several times i've been at the end by myself smell something burning then think "crap where are the extinguishers here?"
one more, on board fire bottles are like parachutes, if you want to stop pull both. if you need to put out a flame pull both.
excellent advice.. safety is paramount
Beetlejuiceteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #41
FFHockeyguy
Launchin

I must applaud Monty (and everyone else involved) and Cecil County. When I was at the YellowBullet Nats this year the track was lined with CO2 extinguishers. I think I counted no less than 25 track-side! The person staffing the fire truck left a little to be desired but the EMT's on the ambo were top notch. At the track I work at we have 2 water/foam cans at every timing block and 2 at the very end at the turn around. I must echo Mrdragsters comment STAY HYDRATED!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #42
Ellen
Smoked Another SBC

And make sure the fire extinguishers are in your PIT too...in the trailer and outside the trailer by the actual car.

A very simple thing as well, velcro a dzus tool to the roll bar of the car and carry one in a crew members' pocket on the starting line or your golf cart. A couple of years ago we were on the top end getting ready to tow the car back when a racer came down the track on fire and it was a scramble to get the front end off the car. I have seen that more than once
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #43
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
And make sure the fire extinguishers are in your PIT too...in the trailer and outside the trailer by the actual car.

A very simple thing as well, velcro a dzus tool to the roll bar of the car and carry one in a crew members' pocket on the starting line or your golf cart. A couple of years ago we were on the top end getting ready to tow the car back when a racer came down the track on fire and it was a scramble to get the front end off the car. I have seen that more than once
Great suggestions ! Fire Extings & Dzus tools close by and ready !

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
http://www.racingjunk.com/Drag-Racin...E-ENGINE-.html
David Hance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #44
scb328
Pullin gears

I dont run pro mod, Bracket race and have done some quick 8. Track employees at my local track never had a way to get hoods or frontends off so i bought them all cheap dzus tools.
scb328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #45
FFHockeyguy
Launchin

Does anyone know where I can get a dzus tool with both the "flat head" and "torx" bit all in one?