NHRA GSA PRO MOD RULES DISCUSSION.... SUGGESTED CHANGES ??? - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Pro Modified

Pro Modified Talk about Pro-Mod racing with censorship...

Old 11-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #16
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: NHRA GSA PRO MOD RULES DISCUSSION.... SUGGESTED CHANGES ???

All Pro Mods no matter what the power adder are quite dangerous and can KILL you or a crew member instantly. The threats of danger may be different from car to car but all of them if not handled properly in the pits and all the track can hurt you and others in an instant !

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
http://www.racingjunk.com/Drag-Racin...E-ENGINE-.html
David Hance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #17
bryan67gto
Launchin

well when you got Top sportsman cars running mid to low 6's Pro mods capable of running mid to high 5's. and Alchy funny's in the low 5's. Think NHRA is going to be looking at slowing the Door cars down some. Just not sure how they going to do it , with what rule changes? I do not want to see them go to 1000Ft. Im sorry but guess im just an old schooler think everything should be run 1/4 mile. I know 1000 ft is easier on parts. But then whats next 800 ft as the speeds climb again? I dont think adding wieght is safe either. Ok i leave it there otherwise ill go off on a rant about ideas.
bryan67gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #18
ccmugensi
Spooled up

Would like to see the blower cars put back to 20% OD. In all ten races this year, only the turbo and nitrous combos dipped into the 5.70's. I find it amazing that from last season thru this season, NHRA never had a problem with the turbos running such big speeds over the rest of the class. 1000 ft. is not the way to go. Theses cars are very safe and it is not fair now in this day and age, that people are saying they are too dangerous. Everyone knows in racing, there is always a risk in this sport. Other forms of sports have their risks also. Biggest problem that has always been with the pro mods is, whenever one of the combos starts to run strong, they get penalized for it. Case in point, the blower cars had to dish out alot of money to make their cars run with the turbos and nitrous cars. Where is the fairness in that?! The turbo and nitrous cars had caught up to the blower cars in performance. There was no need to penalize the blower cars for this year. I have ALWAYS been a huge fan of the pro mods. I like each combo equally. So, stop all the whining and crying about one of the other combos in the class and just race your combo to the best of your ability!
ccmugensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #19
55nomad
Spooled up

I would like to see them allow screw blowers. Obviously they would have to put a OD limit on them too. I just don't get why everyone is afraid of screw blowers. They turned down the roots and look what happened. They slowed down. If you turn down a screw you will get the same results. Personally I did the roots blower wars back in the day and it sucked. It is INSANE to have a $30,000 blower on your car when you can get a used screw for $9000 and NEVER touch it for 3 years. And than only to have it re-certed. PSCA will tell the story next weekend. You have all of the combos going. Should be fun to watch.
55nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #20
Chevelle Rob
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegaEddie View Post
Alky Funny Car is supposed to be a step up in class from Pro Mod (as in quicker). Pro mod is getting pretty close in performance which some say the NHRA doesn't like. For example, jet cars are limited to 300mph so as not to eclipse Top Fuel in speed (which is the NHRA headliner class).

A fully suspended door car approaching alky funny car speeds also tends to raise a few eye lids.
I haven't followed A/FC for a while but know they were having light car counts previously. Do they fill 16 car fields?

"There is no such thing really as professional chefs anymore, given the pervasiveness of pots and pans."

~ Robert Mark
Chevelle Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #21
VegaEddie
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle Rob View Post
I haven't followed A/FC for a while but know they were having light car counts previously. Do they fill 16 car fields?
They have for at least the last few races including this weekend at Pomona.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #22
opeliac
Smoked Another SBC

Give the blowers some drive, and take weight off of the NOS cars...Leave the turbos alone...
opeliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #23
Beetlejuiceteeth
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
Give the blowers some drive, and take weight off of the NOS cars...Leave the turbos alone...
excuse me but didnt a NOS car win the championship and Danny Rowe finish 2nd?
Beetlejuiceteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #24
opeliac
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuiceteeth View Post
excuse me but didnt a NOS car win the championship and Danny Rowe finish 2nd?
Yes, but if you dont think the turbo cars have came together and will dominate next year, then you arent being realistic...
opeliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:37 PM   #25
Seattle_Mike
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
Yes, but if you dont think the turbo cars have came together and will dominate next year, then you arent being realistic...
We've heard the same comment the past two years.

How many tuners are there that are making them consistently fast? I agree they are getting more consistent and when they do get down the track they can post some impressive numbers.

www.yvonnelucasracing.com

Seattle_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #26
TurboOutlaw
crew member
Smoked Another SBC

Give it some time and all the combos will be running 260mph. So far there is only one 260mph door car in the world and he doesnt run in GSA or in the US. They need to quit crying about the turbo cars running big mph. Thats the nature of the beast.

TurboOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #27
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

We've got to do something serious and quick to keep our Nitrous teams interested. Or heck let's go with 2 8 car fields .....a blown class and a N2o class. Or let's just make GSA 1/8 th mile !

DHANCE1@AOL.COM
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #28
Bill Lutz
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hance View Post
We've got to do something serious and quick to keep our Nitrous teams interested. Or heck let's go with 2 8 car fields .....a blown class and a N2o class. Or let's just make GSA 1/8 th mile !
The 2 8 car fields would be cool and maybe run an additional round for some extra coin and overall event champion. I would rather not see it go to 1/8th mile to say the least.

Mickey Thompson tires and wheels
Diamond Pistons
Firecore 50 wires
Pro Torque Converters NY
Turbos by Garrett
Magnafuel pump and regulators
PTP
Scott Braskett Race Cars
Rossler Transmissions
The driveshaft shop
Haltech EFI

WWW.BILLLUTZRACING.COM
Bill Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #29
vmicciolo
Pullin gears

Not sure if I'm allowed to post. Don't have a pro mod, but ran a successful pro mod series for three years.

There are many different ways that the series could be dissected into. The teams that have pro mods and don't have the huge budgets prefer rules based for parity. Then if one teams is ahead of the curve, then they understand they need to catch up with tuning and technology.

Bill has a good point, as well as many others. All the teams should get together as a single voice and come up with ideas that most everyone can agree on. Then build a series around it and the other series will follow.
vmicciolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #30
David Hance
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmicciolo View Post
Not sure if I'm allowed to post. Don't have a pro mod, but ran a successful pro mod series for three years.

There are many different ways that the series could be dissected into. The teams that have pro mods and don't have the huge budgets prefer rules based for parity. Then if one teams is ahead of the curve, then they understand they need to catch up with tuning and technology.

Bill has a good point, as well as many others. All the teams should get together as a single voice and come up with ideas that most everyone can agree on. Then build a series around it and the other series will follow.
Welcome Vito ! Do know Everybody is welcome here so long as they understand the point of this forum is to protect, preserve and grow Pro Door Car racing both here and abroad. Pro Mod is now an International class !

Vito thank you for all the hard work and dedication you put into the Northeast Pro Mod Association ! Good luck in all future plans and please post here often as we all can benefit from your experiences. I typing this as our rig rolls down I-80 W to Vegas race !

DHANCE1@AOL.COM