Using Blender on SS - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Auto Body and Paint - Paint by Krusty

Auto Body and Paint - Paint by Krusty

Old 10-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
flyboy68
Spooled up

Default Using Blender on SS

I've never used blender before but I have a big panel on an airplane to paint and there's no edges anywhere close...sooo i'm trying out blending...lol. Painted a lot, never blended single stage or clear before. My question is after spraying the last coat of paint, and then have added the blender, do you spray all of your newly laid paint as well as feathering the edge out further? Or do you just have to use the blender/paint on the feathered edge? Hopefully that makes sense...

Josh
flyboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
flyboy68
Spooled up

Default Re: Using Blender on SS

I just realized after thinking, you shouldn't have to spray the whole panel because the blender/paint will have no problem "melting" into the "wet" paint. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to shoot the whole panel.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
markadams
Smoked Another SBC

Josh, it is nearly impossible to blend today's clear coats. I have done it, but most of the time it doesn't work out, especially on a large panel. I usually just over reduce the remanding clear after coverage and blend into a lightly skuffed panel. Buff lightly if needed. Too much buffing will make it worse. Clearing the whole panel to a break is recommended.
Trend Performance, LGM Racing, Ferrea, Mahle, Holeshot Wheels, Deist, Mallory, Valvoline, Innovate Motorsports, Stroud, BTE, Ultimate Converter Concepts, Davis Technologies, VP Racing Fuels, Fluidyne, Redhorse Performance, Chiseled Performance, Pac Racing Springs, Randy's Ring and Pinion, Comp Cams, Sonnax, Probe, Chris Alston Chassisworks, Borg Warner, The Driveshaft Shop, Mittler Brothers, NLR, Tial, Weldon, Currie, CSU, Titan, Milodon, Melling, Firecore50.

RIP Coops!
markadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
Krusty
Pullin gears

what I would do in that situation is >>>>Verify if the color matches well enough to blend>>>tint it to match as good as possible...recently did a M3 took 26 sprayouts to get it right<<<<just do the repair spot in single stage>>>>let it set an hour or so >>>and the blend the clear>>>>use blending solvent in clear in place of reducer...........there is alotof steps i skipped here to make a sucessfull blend>>>call if you want a chance at making this a sucessfull repair<<<1 970 405 6373.....KRUSTY

PKRE, Baby
BES
Connelley Racing
SRJ Racecars
OJO
ShockNerd
Mickey Thompson-Buddy
M&M Transmissions
Ross Pistons-Chris Madsen
OverKill Racecars

Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
flyboy68
Spooled up

Not doing clear..this is just a single stage white. Does that change things? Still wanting to know if you use the blender on the whole panel or just the feathered edge?
Old 10-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
YellowBU
"Someday"
Smoked another BBC

just the feathered edge