SBC timing on methanol? - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Turbo Charged - Blitzkrieg Motorsports

Turbo Charged - Blitzkrieg Motorsports

Old 08-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
jshiver
Pullin gears

Default SBC timing on methanol?

What are you guys opinions on where the timing should be? I have been told a coulpe of times to start off with 36-38 degrees base timing and start pulling 1 degree per pound of boost at 3500 or so and up. Just wanting to make sure I am going in the right direction. Thanks

Btw...the combo is 357sbc, 98mm and 7531 with C&S blow-thru with electric floats and C&S regulator
jshiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
TurboII
Smoked another BBC

Garage
Default Re: SBC timing on methanol?

I have some numbers for M5 but they may/may not work with M1/M3. The fuel curve is a big part of what you can really run on the upper end. I would highly recommend a dyno session to verify fuel curve or you are going to have to start super safe and sneak up on timing while also keeping tabs on fuel. This won't be as hard at the track if you have logging but doing it a pass at a time and reading plugs is going to take a while and you still may miss a problem in the fuel curve until it's too late. Anyone giving advice will need fuel type, compression, piston specs, rod material, heads, chamber shape(if modified) converter specs, ignition type. This will give you a better chance at having a timming curve that will spool on the line and get down the track without hurting parts.
TurboII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
88mmRocket
Smoked another BBC

I got your answer Jason!! put enough in it till something breaks, then you can back it down from there!!! lol!!

I know on my gas car I locked it out at 36* and pulled it down to 24* going down track at ~20psi. This was the last time out....10.5:1 cr. Last year it had 9.8:1 CR and went down the track at 28* with a base of 36*. Again, I am on GAS so I would imagine that you starting there would be stupid safe!

Take care!

Ken

B&K Performance
Ultimate Convertor Concepts
LJMS

A veteran is someone, who at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of "Up to and including my life."

Thank you for those who have served and continue to serve.
88mmRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:42 AM   #4
billycart
On the flow bench
Smoked Another SBC

what static?
Ptc converters and transmissions

http://youtu.be/PXuSOlr5feo

http://youtu.be/6ZsoHj_l0-U
billycart is offline   Reply With Quote