Kevin Neal - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Racing Organizations > Ohio Valley Outlaw Shootout

Ohio Valley Outlaw Shootout Heads Up 1/8 Mile Drag Racing

Old 07-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
R347GT
The Medcine Man
Smoked Another SBC

Default Kevin Neal

Punishing em in elims! 4.88 @ 149!! Also went 4.90 qualified #1!!
R347GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
R347GT
The Medcine Man
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Kevin Neal

Kevin Neal gets lucky on this one!! Turns in a 5.62 in the finals. But a string of low .90's and high .80's!! Great job Kevin!! My god Perez had the monster tune up in that thing!!! Phuckin back fired then BAM up in the air at about 120 ft or so!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
68novabbc
Launchin

Lucky. had them covered by 2 tenths all weekend. sometimes you make the other guy shoot himself in the foot cause they know they can handle you. Junebug is the man on the 275`s
Old 07-31-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
c howell
Launchin

X2 on that Kyle !!! I hear that they had in stageing lane inspection. lol gotta love the haters..Some 1 gets their combo running good and the cheater card gets played .Kevin works his ass off on his combo and is always trying to make it better glad its paying off!!!!

JUNEBUG NITROUS
THUGMASTER MUFFLERS
B.E.S
c howell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
zombiracing
Pullin gears

Always feels good to say, "go ahead and look all ya want, its LEGAL!" then go put em all on the trailer.
Thanks go to Street & Strip performance, Bradco Transmissions and Converters (baddest on the planet), Kenny Grimes racing and performance, TRZ motorsports, Howards Cams, Enderle tech and Good Vibrations motorsports.....100% carb free (OOO) Enderle rocks!!
zombiracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
68novabbc
Launchin

That should say they cant handle you. Taco this is Taylor stole jrs, computer computer for a min LoL
Old 07-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
R347GT
The Medcine Man
Smoked Another SBC

I will say this some still have'nt figured out that a non conventional head is at a disadvantage when everyone puts 100lb+ on the non conv. stuff when it should only be 50 or no difference. Not taking away from Kevin cuz he for sure is using all the tools. But BB conv. head is the way to fly these days with the rules set the way they are.

Does anyone happen to know what the weight hit is or was for this race for non conv. head BB? 100? 150? Just curious?
Old 07-31-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
quick1973
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by R347GT View Post
I will say this some still have'nt figured out that a non conventional head is at a disadvantage when everyone puts 100lb+ on the non conv. stuff when it should only be 50 or no difference. Not taking away from Kevin cuz he for sure is using all the tools. But BB conv. head is the way to fly these days with the rules set the way they are.

Does anyone happen to know what the weight hit is or was for this race for non conv. head BB? 100? 150? Just curious?
Better go talk to some good engine builders about that. The best non conv head will out run the best conv head with the 100 pounds. I just went down that road, but the new conv will run right with the old 18 degree stuff.

Thanks to Tim Oakes and family, Kevin Neal, BES racing engines, Bradco, NLR, TRZ Motorsports Mencer Motorsports.
quick1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
c howell
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68novabbc View Post
That should say they cant handle you. Taco this is Taylor stole jrs, computer computer for a min LoL
Haha Taylor now get on his face book and post a bunch of his baby pics lol that will teach him to leave his computer on lol.

JUNEBUG NITROUS
THUGMASTER MUFFLERS
B.E.S
c howell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
BBCStang
TRZ Rocks!
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiracing View Post
Always feels good to say, "go ahead and look all ya want, its LEGAL!" then go put em all on the trailer.
That's pretty much how it went, it was nice that they made EVERYONE take they're hoods off. Not sure it was all about my car, someone said they're was a car with 3 stages installed and maybe they weren't all capped off properly.

Thanks to:
PTP Racing,NLR NMS-1000 nitrous control,Big Stuff,Bradco Transmissions and Converters,TRZ Suspension components,VP Race Fuels,BES Racing Engines,Double AA Performance,Street & Strip Performance,Heads up Composites,MacFab Beadlocks,Speedwire, Menscer Motorsports
BBCStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #11
BBCStang
TRZ Rocks!
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by R347GT View Post

You either have no idea what you're talking about or you are trying to compare the latest conventional heads with the oldest 18deg heads. The best to the best a non-conventional head will kick the shit out of a conventional head by 200 or better HP.

Have no idea about the weight for other combos, I try not to be worried about anything other than my own junk, which was 3300 and i was 3320 everytime across the scales.

Thanks to:
PTP Racing,NLR NMS-1000 nitrous control,Big Stuff,Bradco Transmissions and Converters,TRZ Suspension components,VP Race Fuels,BES Racing Engines,Double AA Performance,Street & Strip Performance,Heads up Composites,MacFab Beadlocks,Speedwire, Menscer Motorsports
Old 08-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #12
zombiracing
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCStang View Post
That's pretty much how it went, it was nice that they made EVERYONE take they're hoods off. Not sure it was all about my car, someone said they're was a car with 3 stages installed and maybe they weren't all capped off properly.
thats when you walk around and see who looks nervous lol
Thanks go to Street & Strip performance, Bradco Transmissions and Converters (baddest on the planet), Kenny Grimes racing and performance, TRZ motorsports, Howards Cams, Enderle tech and Good Vibrations motorsports.....100% carb free (OOO) Enderle rocks!!
zombiracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #13
R347GT
The Medcine Man
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCStang View Post
You either have no idea what you're talking about or you are trying to compare the latest conventional heads with the oldest 18deg heads. The best to the best a non-conventional head will kick the shit out of a conventional head by 200 or better HP.

Have no idea about the weight for other combos, I try not to be worried about anything other than my own junk, which was 3300 and i was 3320 everytime across the scales.
The best stock bore spacing head that I know of for BBC is the new Dart 11 degree, Then BBF it is the Thor I believe? Both of those heads on an honest flow bench are somewhere between 570-590cfm.

What heads do you run Kevin?BMF's? 500-510cfm???

Do you not think especially on small tires that 150lbs is a hell of a lot more weight to get moving to the 330?

If what I say is false. Then why has Monty Smith several times said the very same thing above.(My point, there is very little difference in a power adder setting from conv to non)

Ofcoarse if you talking NA then it's different all together. If air is forced through a hole then is'nt it possible that at certian (N20 level) boost levels the hole is'nt as much of a factor??? Even more so valve angle???

Keep in mind I'm solely talking BB's not SB's.....

Last edited by R347GT; 08-04-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:37 AM   #14
R347GT
The Medcine Man
Smoked Another SBC

One final question if BB non conv is such an advantage with 150lb hit then why are'nt more building them?? Furthermore why are'nt they even close to you??? I mean if there is a 200hp advantage sprayin or boost???
Old 08-04-2011, 08:41 AM   #15
BBCStang
TRZ Rocks!
Smoked another BBC

My heads are bmf 385's from 2005. BES polished them to remove the roughness that the cnc mill made but other that that they are untouched (it only picked up 10hp when they did that and changed to a stiffer set of pushrods). They flow somewhere around 440 according to the ads, but mine have never been on a bench so who would know?? The best number it ever made on the pump was 1013, it is a good motor, with VERY good machine work and assembly but it ain't special.

A nitrous motor IS an n/a motor, only atmospheric pressure is there to push the mixture into the cylinder's, the better the head the more power it'll make, period. You won't see any nitrous promods, or nitrous ODR cars running a 24deg standard port layout head, why do you think that is?

To say that the non-conventional stuff is not close you me is just silly, Leon and Kevin Rowe's car is the fastest nitrous car at OVOS true street. They went 4.97 with the thor headed motor and Gus's best at OV is a 4.99?? The reason the conventional head is so popular is because x275 is popular and that is the only legal head. Justin is switching to be x275 legal. And his old 18deg stuff is now in Jack Vanover's prostreet car and runs low 4.70's on one gun (monty smith even bragged on it in some of his posts) The fastest conv headed car in that class runs 4.80's (200lbs lighter)...go figure??

BTW, why to do care? you going to quit racing 8.5?

Thanks to:

Last edited by BBCStang; 08-04-2011 at 08:43 AM.