Question for Christians - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Political Corner

The Political Corner We will hash out political, religious and current events in this section.... Keep it constructive when posting!!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
1SLOLT1
Smoked Another SBC

Default Question for Christians

What happens to people in "uncontacted" tribes like this when they die?
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...-international

Would God send them to hell because they didn't ask him to forgive them of their sins? Or do they get a pass because they have never heard about God?
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Sam Adams
Hemispherically Balanced
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Question for Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLOLT1 View Post
What happens to people in "uncontacted" tribes like this when they die?
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...-international

Would God send them to hell because they didn't ask him to forgive them of their sins? Or do they get a pass because they have never heard about God?
I believe those that have not had the opportunity to have heard the gospel and accept it, or reject it, are not condemned. This certainly would be the case with children also.
Sam Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
TheRevII
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Adams View Post
I believe those that have not had the opportunity to have heard the gospel and accept it, or reject it, are not condemned. This certainly would be the case with children also.
Bingo. I believe in a loosely defined 'age of accountability', if you will. No one could reasonably expect a 15 month old child to accept or reject the Gospel on their own. Or some unknown tribe living in the jungles of Central America.
TheRevII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
SScott
Smoked Another SBC

Good question. Not an easy one. How long until this one gets derailed into hate?

-----------------------------------

Like Sam said, the bible does talk about children going to heaven, so there is an opening to this thought process. The bible also states the wages of sin is death. The bible also speaks of rewards in heaven according to the life we live here.

Here is where I will lose people from both sides of the fence, no where in the bible does it clearly state sinners will burn forever and ever in eternal torment. Once you really dig into the meanings of the words such as hell and how it was used in context when it was written it opens the possibility that people are extinguished eternally when they die at least at some point not tortured. From what I have read and understand these people who have had zero means to hear the gospel will be extinguished.

My two pennies for what it is worth.

----------------------------------

Consider Heaven and Hell as two points, with Heaven above Hell, and a horizontal line (salvation through Christ) drawn between them. Some people might be directly between the two points, with some closer to Heaven and some closer to Hell. Some people might be way to the left or right of the two points, again some closer to Heaven and some to Hell. Those who far from Heaven and Hell, if they reject what they know have a lesser punishment, and those who believe the little truth they have been given have fewer opportunities for rewards. Those directly between Heaven and Hell have the greatest opportunities for rewards if they believe. They also are the closest to Hell, and receive the greater punishment, if they reject Christ. How close you are to being directly between Heaven and Hell depends on the knowledge you have been given.

C.S. Lewis
SScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Same thing that would have happened to them if they had heard the Gospels.

They're dead.
Mark O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
605ply
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark O'Neal View Post
Same thing that would have happened to them if they had heard the Gospels.

They're dead.
HATER!
605ply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

I hate no one, though more than a few disgust me.

In the end, dead is dead.
Mark O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
1SLOLT1
Smoked Another SBC

So then instead of sending missionaries to places like this wouldn't it be better to keep them from hearing the gospel? If they never hear it 100% of them go to heaven. If they hear it and some of them reject it less of them would go to heaven...
Old 07-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
SScott
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLOLT1 View Post
So then instead of sending missionaries to places like this wouldn't it be better to keep them from hearing the gospel? If they never hear it 100% of them go to heaven. If they hear it and some of them reject it less of them would go to heaven...
From this thread (same tribe I think?):http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=382473

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScott View Post
LINK (How long till we mess em up with our perfection?)
I don't think we should nor do I think they will go to heaven or hell. Read post#4

Last edited by SScott; 07-24-2011 at 03:18 PM.
SScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #10
Coachk
Smoked Another SBC

Dead id dead in the physical sense. Your body is a shell and your soul lies deep within it. For us believers anyways....
Coachk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #11
Greg27
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Adams View Post

Just asking but doesn't the bible say something about being born with sin..

I would assume that includes those not being informed of that detail and newborns...

Last edited by Greg27; 07-24-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Greg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #12
1SLOLT1
Smoked Another SBC

Doesn't make sense for a "loving God" to send people to hell who never even had the chance to repent. But how do we know Christians are right anyway, why not Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Taoists, etc...?
Old 07-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #13
MiSSty ~The Wife
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg27 View Post
Just asking but doesn't the bible say something about being born with sin
We are all born in sin...there is also the age of accountability for that sin...

No one knows for sure of a clearly defined age. It is normally thought to be once one is old enough to understand the concept of right from wrong and can knowingly choose either while understanding there are repercussions to all actions.
Matthew 5:11-12

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Ghandi
They are true disciples of Christ..not who knows the most but who loves the most. ~ F Spanheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocrewchief View Post
But hey, Integrity - it's not for everybody!
MiSSty ~The Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
1SLOLT1
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSSty ~The Wife View Post
We are all born in sin...there is also the age of accountability for that sin...

No one knows for sure of a clearly defined age. It is normally thought to be once one is old enough to understand the concept of right from wrong and can knowingly choose either while understanding there are repercussions to all actions.
So what do you think happens to people who have never heard of Christianity or the Bible?
Old 07-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
67 GTO
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScott View Post
Good question. Not an easy one. How long until this one gets derailed into hate?

-----------------------------------

Like Sam said, the bible does talk about children going to heaven, so there is an opening to this thought process. The bible also states the wages of sin is death. The bible also speaks of rewards in heaven according to the life we live here.

Here is where I will lose people from both sides of the fence, no where in the bible does it clearly state sinners will burn forever and ever in eternal torment. Once you really dig into the meanings of the words such as hell and how it was used in context when it was written it opens the possibility that people are extinguished eternally when they die at least at some point not tortured. From what I have read and understand these people who have had zero means to hear the gospel will be extinguished.

My two pennies for what it is worth.
God also personally mass murders thousands of children, in the Bible. Then God kills almost everyone on Earth because they were non believers, in the Bible.

I would've replied earlier, but I saw my neighbor working on the sabbath, so I had to kill him like the Bible says I must. When I got home, my daughter swore at me, so I had to kill her like Jesus says I must in Mark and Mathew. Then I burned a cow to make a pleasing odor for the lord, but save and cleaned the entrails, like the Bible instructs me too. Still I was depressed, so I got drunk like Proverbs 31: 6 & 7 says I should when I feel that way. Just another day doing the Lord's work!!! Halleluiah! (thank God for spell check)
"She lusted after their genitals--as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions." Ezekiel 23:20
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote