Scammer alert - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
twomanynovas
Pullin gears

Default Scammer alert

zoe henry zoeh226@gmail.com

Almost commical. I'll spare you guys the details. Runs with the name Zoe Henry,(yes the Britsh female soap opera star, of all names to pick for a scam). Please be alert for this e-mail message if you are selling anything;

Thanks for the swift response and do as well advise on the least amount you will like to give it away as i am buying this for Dad and due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.

As for the payment..i can only pay via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal) here.

I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included and With the issue of my details,transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the courier services company agent so you don't have to worry about that.

You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com. and sign up its very easy... i would have loved to talk to you on phone but i work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, that was why i sent you a text, i even wonder how my message deliver to your phone but for now we can only communicate through the same mailing channel.await your reply asap.

Thanks

Zoe

Steve

"And the pin has been pulled.That 200 shot should solve your oil pressure problems. "

Monte 442
twomanynovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
steve581581
Spooled up

Default Re: Scammer alert

dude seems legit
steve581581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
Rock Daddy
LSx Vega
Smoked another BBC

What you will hear next is how he will over pay due to a minimum amount he can transfer or some shit. He then makes you a good deal by saying to keep some and send him a money order for the difference. Nobody every comes to get anything, paypal pulls the money back out of your account because something not right with the source funds and you just got ripped the amount of the money order you sent him.

I got 5 bucks on this on.

Just an All Motor Noobie
Best ET 8.21@163.67 all NA Power
LS Power supplied by Billy Briggs. www.motorcityspeedonline.com
www.ls1vega.com

Rock Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
twomanynovas
Pullin gears

I actually replied back to him/her to just send cash with the" buyer's agent" and all will be good. Wonder why he/she did not reply yet?

Steve

"And the pin has been pulled.That 200 shot should solve your oil pressure problems. "

Monte 442
Old 07-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
Blade
Security jus sayin crew
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

wonder why people waste there time. there are so many sites out there telling people to beware.

Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
bubbabbc
Launchin

We get three or four of this type of e-mail every day. Different name but the same spiel.
bubbabbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
Blade
Security jus sayin crew
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Funny how ur selling something and you get an email from someone from another country with some bogus story.

Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
SomeWhatStock
Peeing In Your Cheerios
Smoked Another SBC

Been through this. They will want you to send a check to the "buying agent" to cover their "commission". I strung them along good once.
Forced Inductions
Downs Ford Racing
SomeWhatStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #9
Mach1 Motorsports
Medium Pimpin'
Smoked another BBC

I tried to buy a 2003 Tahoe. They wanted to ship it to me and allow me to inspect it for 10 days. I gave them a fake name and a shipping address to a police station in Montreal. It's about 8hrs from where I live. Drives me nuts. I looked at 6 trucks and all but 1 was a scam.
Mach1 Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #10
chris bozic
Pre-Staged

I received the same email this morning regarding an ad I have posted on Racingjunk. It must really suck being stuck at work on that rig in bad weather for almost a month.

Thanks for the swift response and do as well advise on the least amount you will like to give it away as i am buying this for Dad and due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.

As for the payment..i can only pay via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal) here.

I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included and With the issue of my details,transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the courier services company agent so you don't have to worry about that.

You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com and sign up its very easy... i would have loved to talk to you on phone but i work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, that was why i sent you a text, i even wonder how my message deliver to your phone but for now we can only communicate through the same mailing channel.await your reply asap.

Thanks

Zoe
chris bozic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #11
twomanynovas
Pullin gears

[QUOTE=chris bozic;6864376]I received the same email this morning regarding an ad I have posted on Racingjunk. It must really suck being stuck at work on that rig in bad weather for almost a month.

The sad part of all of this is this guy is sooner or later going to find a fool to part with his money.

Steve

Monte 442