Yellow Bullet Forums banner

IS DETROIT SPEED DONE ,CLOSING THE DOORS???????

10K views 154 replies 39 participants last post by  fatwax 
#1 ·
I work right by the one on plymouth rd , (the old ramchargers) all signs down out front , also seen alot of ther stuff on milan classifieds at a reduced rate.

#10 ·
I understand going direct to the manufacturer Jeremy. There are often times when that makes sense. There are plenty of times however, that you can't buy direct, or can't buy it as cheaply direct as you can from your local speedshop. Not too mention, what ever happened to supporting local business? Livernois motorsports/Detroit speedshops is one of Milan's biggest sponsors. You don't think the racers take a hit if they go out?

#12 ·
I understand the help isn't always the best, that's unfortunatly the nature of the business since there is little profit in it, but a guy like you isn't looking for a tech guy usually...and when you are, it's not to decide which msd part or battery to use.

I dunno, I see both sides. I've worked at speedshops, and race engine builders. I just don't get the appeal of calling summit to order a msd box, or set of head gaskets. I personally would pay $5 more plus my time(and I have) to support the local guys, that are TRYING to support the local racers(aka Milan).

#17 ·
and how can a small speed shop stock everthing you could need? at my shop here we will price match summit and jegs and i usually have it in 1 or 2 days with no freigh or handling charge, witch really helps on oversize items. but i guess you cant keep everyone happy

#35 ·
I cant wait to dyno my 20,000 dollar motor at NAPA.....:rolleyes:

I use Summit/Jegs because there isnt a speed shop within 30-40 miles of me. However, when I ran the muffler shop on 12 mile, right next to ramchargers, I bought almost everything from them. Many times they were actually cheaper and I didnt have to pay for shipping. Yes, if they didnt have it and I needed it overnight.....I got it from Summit/Jegs.

#37 ·
For me it's pretty simple-if a business takes care of me I'll continue doing business with them. If they never have the parts,have poor service I won't-simple as that. I like to support local businesses-hell i don't live near a Home Depot,Lowes,etc so I'd rather pay a little more and go down the street to my local hardware store. I've called DSS a few times looking for stuff and it always ad to be ordered. Reiko I know this topic hits home (w/ the family business). From what I hear if you have the service and prices I've heard you'll be fine.

#74 ·
Ok guys, ive reached my post limit for this thread. I gotta go fix a computer for a customer. Please keep the insults and threats coming. :)

Have a good day.
I doubt mr. glass is smart enough to fix computers. After all the best he can do is replace a memory stict, fan, harddrive, card, format a drive, reinstall a driver, load an operation system etc. something anyone can do with the parts they can order from a mail order computer store. For and with parts that are mostly made in China. Why don't his customers just cut out the middleman and order the parts and fix it themselves. Then he can whine about loosing his job or his children not receiving a quality education or lack of local businesses where they can work. Maybe his job will vaporize when everyone shares his mentality and shopping preferences. After all try kissing your kids good night knowing you spent their future and the money he earned locally and sent it to another state or country. Why do business locally "just because". Your local speed shop, DSS and others, deposit their money in local banks, make local loans, like college loans, they collect and pay taxes that go back to the local schools and government. But not mr.glass, no he prefers to send it out of state where the citizens in that community can benefit from it instead of his kids or local community. When was the last time Summit or Jegs gave money to your community to fix the roads, educate you kids and subsidize your local hospitals. I'm guessing he buys his food or groceries from mailorder grocers, or medicine from mailorder drug stores and instead of visiting the local hospital or doctor, he uses MEDS.com. If he needed an operation, he'd probably complain they couldn't do it right locally or screwed up the last one and go to another state. He hides behind the pretents that Summit and Jegs offer good service and support when actually its just being cheep and helping kill a community and his and other kids chances for a better life. Cheep is what it is about. That's it and nothing more. mr.glass complains about DSS and others not having what he's looking for in-stock, yet, the order time is the same and it would help make the community, banks, hospitals and schools stronger and stupidly sends his hard earned (I doubt it) money away. Starting to get the picture. Last I heard, Michigan had too many jobs. NOT!!! We drive more and more forign cars, have more and more parts for American cars made in China and cry when we loose our jobs or have our taxes raised because more revenue is needed to maintain current levels of quality in schools, government, roads, etc. I wouldn't bash mr. glass any further, just send him packing to the state he sends his money to. He's probably just a leach on society anyway.

#54 ·
Mr. Glass

Jeremy, first and foremost when was the last time you were in a Detroit Speed Shops store to buy anything? I have sat on this board over and over again listing to your mouth with nothing better to do than bad mouth this person and that person. Grow up and keep your mouth shut about things that don’t concern you! The financial status of Detroit
Speed Shops or Livernois Vehicle is not your business or anyone on this board for that matter. If you want to talk to me about this I’m at the Gulley store everyday.
Grow a pair and come talk to me face to face with your problems and concerns don’t hide behind a key board. We’ve talked at the track and you never said anything to me then nothing to say or just afraid to have someone call bullshit to your face. I never got a call here at the shop from you looking for a particular part?

We’ve also helped racers that race at Milan but not too many people know that because they try to be professional and keep it between Livernois and them like it should be.

Don’t let me forget the comments about special favors and special time to get to the lanes at Milan. Yes, we go to the edge to get the car to the lanes, and you know what, who cares if we’re taking to long? DQ US! I DON’T ASK THEM TO WAIT! That’s on the track staff.

As for the comment about Norwalk and Columbus I hope you go there because they support you and your racing. Milan will be a better place without your dumb ass and your one track mind.

#56 ·
Jeremy, first and foremost when was the last time you were in a Detroit Speed Shops store to buy anything? I have sat on this board over and over again listing to your mouth with nothing better to do than bad mouth this person and that person. Grow up and keep your mouth shut about things that don’t concern you! The financial status of Detroit
Speed Shops or Livernois Vehicle is not your business or anyone on this board for that matter. If you want to talk to me about this I’m at the Gulley store everyday.
Grow a pair and come talk to me face to face with your problems and concerns don’t hide behind a key board. We’ve talked at the track and you never said anything to me then nothing to say or just afraid to have someone call bullshit to your face. I never got a call here at the shop from you looking for a particular part?

We’ve also helped racers that race at Milan but not too many people know that because they try to be professional and keep it between Livernois and them like it should be.

Don’t let me forget the comments about special favors and special time to get to the lanes at Milan. Yes, we go to the edge to get the car to the lanes, and you know what, who cares if we’re taking to long? DQ US! I DON’T ASK THEM TO WAIT! That’s on the track staff.

As for the comment about Norwalk and Columbus I hope you go there because they support you and your racing. Milan will be a better place without your dumb ass and your one track mind.
I think you are over reacting. I simply said that im not going to support a local business just because they are local!

This is for you.

#62 ·
I buy my stuff from Loper's (Phoenix area) and have for years. They usually beat Summit or Jegs' prices. I sometimes have to order it but it only takes a couple of days longer than the mail order guys. It took a while but if you keep doing business with a speed shop they will show their appreciation and treat you right. Ken.

#64 ·
I just have to say this, I have dealt with ramchargers,summit,jegs and so on in the past, I have been to detroit speed shops several times since they have opened. My experince is this, it is WHO YOU DEAL WITH that makes the store...I have been screwed over by jegs, and to some extent by summit in the past. I ended up working with Joe at roseville this year, I started with nitrous and he was there every step of the way beginning to end, reading plugs, teaching me how and what to look for...reviewing video and making just everything easy, I try to spend my performance dollars with him, sometimes it`s more time and more money...but your not going to get that kind of thing out of a mail order store period

The Walmart comment.....I totally agree with that, they`ll keep running small guys out of business with the low prices, heck in this state who can blame anyone for not spending the little they have at a discount store (autozone, walmart) the plain and simple truth is once most of the competition is gone they`ll be able to charge whatever they want. Let`s Keep feeding the wolves

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.