IS DETROIT SPEED DONE ,CLOSING THE DOORS??????? - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 11-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
TUBULAR INNOVATIONS
Launchin

Default IS DETROIT SPEED DONE ,CLOSING THE DOORS???????

I work right by the one on plymouth rd , (the old ramchargers) all signs down out front , also seen alot of ther stuff on milan classifieds at a reduced rate.
TUBULAR INNOVATIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
silvercv2002
DURCHWATEN POTENZ Baby!
Smoked Another SBC

According to Motown Muscle.com, yes. That location is gone...

www.beebemotorsports.com

http://oharaautomotive.com/Home_Page_JSLK.php

http://www.cookeschoolcarshow.com/

THE ONLY THING GAYER THAN THE RED WINGS IS THEIR FANS.

RIP NHL 1917-2008

TEAM POWERHEAD

Livonia Michigan 734-762-7665
silvercv2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:53 PM   #3
TUBULAR INNOVATIONS
Launchin

That didn't last long , places like that are silly , you go in ther looking for something and they say no we don't have it but we can order it. you can do the same for your self from summit or jegs and have it just as quick .
TUBULAR INNOVATIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
adam351
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUBULAR INNOVATIONS View Post
That didn't last long , places like that are silly , you go in ther looking for something and they say no we don't have it but we can order it. you can do the same for your self from summit or jegs and have it just as quick .
no faster and not leave the house
Old 11-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
racer1
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUBULAR INNOVATIONS View Post

Yup and your the same guy who will be whining when no one nearby has the gaskets ya need on Saturday afternoon. Or a pushrod you need at the track. Or wonder why the local guy dosent put money in the local tracks points fund anymore. Support your local speed shop, you never know when you might need one.
racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
joesmithz28
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1 View Post
Yup and your the same guy who will be whining when no one nearby has the gaskets ya need on Saturday afternoon. Or a pushrod you need at the track. Or wonder why the local guy dosent put money in the local tracks points fund anymore. Support your local speed shop, you never know when you might need one.
Yep...Alot of the same people bitching about Michigan's economy are the same people sending their money to Ohio/Georgia for their hotrod parts.

BTW, only the Livonia store is closed. Still open in Roseville, and Dearborn.
joesmithz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
Greg2
Smoked Another SBC

That's kinda sad. I lived only about 3 miles from the Livonia store. I used to go in there a lot when it was Ramchargers.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #8
Jim Craig
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
X2
Jim Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
Jeremy Glass
The Enemy
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Your statement couldnt be further from the truth.

Why involve another middleman like the local speed shop when you dont have to?

Jeremy Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:41 PM   #10
joesmithz28
Pullin gears

I understand going direct to the manufacturer Jeremy. There are often times when that makes sense. There are plenty of times however, that you can't buy direct, or can't buy it as cheaply direct as you can from your local speedshop. Not too mention, what ever happened to supporting local business? Livernois motorsports/Detroit speedshops is one of Milan's biggest sponsors. You don't think the racers take a hit if they go out?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #11
Jeremy Glass
The Enemy
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmithz28 View Post
I understand going direct to the manufacturer Jeremy. There are often times when that makes sense. There are plenty of times however, that you can't buy direct, or can't buy it as cheaply direct as you can from your local speedshop. Not too mention, what ever happened to supporting local business? Livernois motorsports/Detroit speedshops is one of Milan's biggest sponsors. You don't think the racers take a hit if they go out?
When they dont stock the parts you need, and the service isnt always the best, why continue to support them? Its not like they are pumping 10s of thousands of dollars into milan and the racers are getting huge kick backs and winnings.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #12
joesmithz28
Pullin gears

I understand the help isn't always the best, that's unfortunatly the nature of the business since there is little profit in it, but a guy like you isn't looking for a tech guy usually...and when you are, it's not to decide which msd part or battery to use.

I dunno, I see both sides. I've worked at speedshops, and race engine builders. I just don't get the appeal of calling summit to order a msd box, or set of head gaskets. I personally would pay $5 more plus my time(and I have) to support the local guys, that are TRYING to support the local racers(aka Milan).
Old 11-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #13
ReiKo
YB Monster Crew
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Glass View Post
When they dont stock the parts you need, and the service isnt always the best, why continue to support them? Its not like they are pumping 10s of thousands of dollars into milan and the racers are getting huge kick backs and winnings.
how the hell do you expect them to give money away when they can't make money??????????????????????
ReiKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #14
Jeremy Glass
The Enemy
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
how the hell do you expect them to give money away when they can't make money??????????????????????
Yea....livernois isnt making any money. Didnt they just remodel a 300,000 sqft building with a showroom? Come on, sponsoring milan is nothing more then a tax write off, and some kick backs for millen. Maybe if they were stocking parts that people needed, theyd make more money.

Quote:
Monday is the grand opening of the showroom at our newly remodeled 300,000 sq. ft. vehicle development building,

Old 11-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #15
joesmithz28
Pullin gears

Livernois MOTORSPORTS and DSS have made very little money. If it weren't for Livernois Engineering/Vehicle Development, the racing/speedshop stuff almost certeinly wouldn't exist.

What kind of parts are you looking for them to stock JG? Just out of curiosity.