fucking workmans comp - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 07-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
flyingdutchmanfc
El-conquistador, sir
Smoked Another SBC

Default fucking workmans comp

My wife fell at work about 2 years ago and shattered her wrist, ulna and radial. Workmans comp opted out of surgeury to correctly set it and had the doctor set it and cast it as is. At the one week reinspection the doctor was amazed it had not colapsed, decided to leave the temporary cast on and put a 2nd cast over the top of the old one. After 5 casts total, one solid year of rehab, 2 times a week, numerous appointments, numerous different contraptions, And finally a surgeury to correct the cubital where a nerve was rubbing at the elbow, no surgeury to correct the movement. and had to attach her arm to a auto movement machine for 2 weeks. It constantly moved her wrist non stop for the 2 weeks.

She now has a permanent disability the state rated her at 42, anything under 40 is considered disability, anything over is considered not a disability. She can only bend her wrist 20 degrees either way. She can only rotate her arm 30% rotation. She can only lift 15 lbs with the arm and not pick it up higher then her waist. She cant even get change at a drive up window because her arm wont rotate around to flatten out.

Her employer gave her new work hours, 2 hours per day, in hopes she will quit. That will barely even cover her gas to and from work. She finally got her settlement from the state yesterday, 3200,00 is her whole cut for all the shit shes gone through and will go through for the rest of her life. She fell on the ice at the front door of the school she worked at. Shes pretty bummed out that they just swept her under the rug like that, and if I ever catch that doctor out in public, it will be the best 500 bucks bail money ive ever spent. Lawyer says there is nothing you can do to the state.

Arm with 2 casts one on top the other

auto rotater machine,

various contraptions to try and get bending the hard way

Old 07-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
JShelton
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: fucking workmans comp

Dude! Thats pretty messed up.. Got to wonder what looseing a limb to something like this would pay? After a yr she's still going through this crap and they only gave her $3500? shssss! Hope things get better for her man..
JShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
racefab57
Smoked another BBC

My wife went thru the workmens comp deal also,just not as bad of a deal as your wifes. Sorry to hear this. DAM bastards ..DR
racefab57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
vixenseventwo
Pre-Staged

It's inevitable that people are going to get hurt on the job. It is how the employer treats you after this happens that shows the true backbone of the company. Companies need to deal with this fact and treat their employees with respect. Best of luck to your wife.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
RegalRocket
Smoked Another SBC

There is something for this.

Insurance of some type, to protect your health.
RegalRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
RacinDuallie
Smoked Another SBC

That sucks!

www.godieselracing.com

RacinDuallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
225digger
time to go racing yet ?
Smoked Another SBC

that sucks man ! , they seem to always help the people who really dont need it , and then fuck the people over that do need it ...........
225digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
westtxhooker
Launchin

I feel your pain. The comp system is fucked. This happened last August.

Busted my sternum, 2 ribs on the left, 3 on the right, collapsed my right lung. Be cause of the injury, the wires and the way it healed I can only expand my chest to 85%, about the same effect as if I'd smoked all my life (I'm a non-smoker) My settlement was $5000. Hell I lost $10,000 between what comp paid me and what I would have earned during the time I was off.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
Paulie9fingers
Gettin' tired of the shit
Smoked Another SBC

I'm sorry to hear of yalls problems, but you folks had bad case workers, bad lawyers or both. When I cut off 1/2, that's right, 1/2 of my little finger in 1999, they paid all my lost wages, paid mileage to and from the doctors for visits and therapy, medical supplies and prescriptions. Then when it was all said and done, they sent me a check for $4,600.00 and I didn't even have a lawyer.

Good luck folks
Old 07-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
garysol1
Huge Member
Smoked another BBC

Garage

Ill be honest. If I slipped and fell on ice in front of my work I would cuss myself for not paying attention. It would never dawn on me to make it my employers fault.
garysol1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
1SLOLT1
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysol1 View Post
Ill be honest. If I slipped and fell on ice in front of my work I would cuss myself for not paying attention. It would never dawn on me to make it my employers fault.
I'm glad someone else said it before I did.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
225digger
time to go racing yet ?
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysol1 View Post

you evidently live on the wrong planet .... thats not how it works here in america , its always someone elses fualt no matter what !
225digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #13
RdCamaro79
Pullin gears

I'm currently on comp as we speak since march of this year,
Fell on some ice and tried to catch myself by putting all my weight
(which is alot) on my left knee and everything went to hell from there. Hyperextended it and had a tibial plateu fracture, torn meniscious, (sp) two other torn cartilidge and some other shit. Still off work from it and still not better im probably 70% and got a feeling im gonna stay there. And I'm only 26

So I know what your going through but if I was in your wifes situation I would contact every type of lawyer you could find untill one could do something more!
RdCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #14
kelly andersen
Smoked Another SBC

Time to get a lawyer involved !!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #15
Paulie9fingers
Gettin' tired of the shit
Smoked Another SBC

I didn't go after anyone or ask for anything, I was back at work as soon as I could get the doc to give me a note releasing me (liability issues). As far as fault goes, if you see my other post you will see I said "I" cut my finger off. My case worker sent me all the info and asked for all the things they needed to move things along smoothly, I wasn't even expecting the $4,600, just got a phone call asking to discuss what they wanted to pay me. I pay workmans comp here at my company so I know what the effects are of people taking advantage of the system. When one of my guys gets hurt we do what ever we can to move things along, we pay for it to be there for them, and it will be there for them even if we have to get involved.

Last edited by Paulie9fingers; 07-12-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Paulie9fingers is offline   Reply With Quote