We need more like Christine Dahab - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Political Corner

The Political Corner We will hash out political, religious and current events in this section.... Keep it constructive when posting!!

Old 06-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #16
spidergearsman
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: We need more like Christine Dahab

bikes are toys for overgrown kids

good thing they are tremendously easy to knock over

Old 06-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #17
Cool_Hand
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Klass View Post
Brad, do you ever get tired of being wrong? Most states have the same basic rules as these:

http://www.sameroadssamerules.org/
No more tired than you, George. They may have right of way akin to cars and trucks, but they re not the same, nor should they be. The police report lists them as pedestrians. Maybe remedial word comprehension is in order for you?
Steve
Cool_Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #18
Jeremy J
Smoked Another SBC

I was coming home down a main E-W 6 lane road the other day. One of the busiest in the area ESPECIALLY during rush hour. I'm busy paying attention to the assholes swerving from lane to lane talking on their phones and all off a sudden my lane comes to a near dead stop. Why? Because a fucking bicyclist is riding along the curb in the right lane. A 55 MPH street with 6 foot wide sidewalks on BOTH sides of the street. Why the fuck do I need to treat him like a regular vehicle? If somebody were driving down the street in their car going 15 MPH like a bicyclist they would get pulled over and possibly ticketed for reckless/unsafe driving.
'If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true.' -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Jeremy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #19
Jeremy J
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad54 View Post
We had some sort of a biking event here in our little town on Saturday... they were riding two and three abreast in the lanes, forcing traffic to back up behind them, or wait until we had clearance to pass them as though they were a car.
Technically speaking, I guess we were supposed to wait until we had dashed passing lines, rather than double-yellow lines.

Some of the roads they were riding were heavily traveled.

As someone else said, until they pay for a license plate like all the other vehicles traveling on the road require, they do NOT have "just as much right to the road" as cars.
They have no more right to the road than ATVs, minibikes and go-carts . And I know for a fact those are not allowed on the road, even in subdivisions.

-Brad
Damn straight! I see 8 year olds driving dirt bikes around here in the middle of the street. So no insurance, no tags, not even old enough to drive. What happens if I get pulled over with no tags and insurance? If you're a bicyclist and want to use the road, get insurance, get tagged. There should be a minimum speed for ALL main roads.
'If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true.' -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Jeremy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #20
Cool_Hand
Smoked another BBC

Not exactly a stellar example. Riding along the curb would be the preferred area for a bicyclist to ride. On the side walk is where walking pedestrains travel and bicyclists on the sidewalk generally abuse the sharing concept and force walkers to dodge them. The rule, where I live, is right side of the road for straight ahead travel.

If the cars are slowing to a standstill just because the bicyclist is doing what he's supposed to be doing that suggests the drivers are the problem, though given the unpredictability of most bicyclists I can understand the slow-down reaction.

Steve
Cool_Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #21
George Klass
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy J View Post
Damn straight! I see 8 year olds driving dirt bikes around here in the middle of the street. So no insurance, no tags, not even old enough to drive. What happens if I get pulled over with no tags and insurance? If you're a bicyclist and want to use the road, get insurance, get tagged. There should be a minimum speed for ALL main roads.
Think about it for a minute. It is illegal in most states to ride a bike on the sidewalk, where do you think they are going to ride?

I'm not trying to stick up for the bike faires, I'm just trying to make some of you nitwits THINK?

As far as the Dehab idiot, she may not have been legally drunk (at .0 but she WAS driving under the influence (at .07) and she is going to get nailed.

www.accufabracing.com
Follow us @accufabracing on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.

Drag racing in the 1960's
www.georgeklass.net

Last edited by George Klass; 06-21-2011 at 02:02 PM.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #22
ndmp40
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by low warranty View Post
In Ann Arbor Michigan, the ten speeders ride down the highway on the wrong side of the road, at night, in the fog, while it is raining with 'same road, same rules' bumper stickers on their bikes and they wonder why they get hit.
You forgot:
...two and three abreast, dont stop at stop signs, dont signal turns, dont stop at red lights, dont yeild when required, and pass cars stopped at lights and stop signs....
ďWeíre seeing the reality of a lot of the North Pole starting to evaporate, and we could get to a tipping point. Because if it evaporates to a certain point - they have lanes now where ships can go that couldnít ever sail through before. And if it gets to a point where it evaporates too much, thereís a lot of tundra thatís being held down by that ice cap.Ē

Henry Waxman, Democrat, Chaiman of the Energy and Commerce Committee
ndmp40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #23
Goob
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Think about it for a minute. It is illegal in most states to ride a bike on the sidewalk, where do you think they are going to ride?

I'm not trying to stick up for the bike faires, I'm just trying to make some of you nitwits THINK?

As far as the Dehab idiot, she may not have been legally drunk (at .0 but she WAS driving under the influence (at .07) and she is going to get nailed.
It's just as illegal to operate a bicycle impaired, or to stop on the roadway to pass a doobie and have a beer in traffic lanes.
Iíve smoked dope, chewed rope, danced, pranced, French romanced, fucked, farted, fought, shot the moon and drove big trucks. Iíve been to Janesville, Gainesville, Maine, Spain, Spokane and Fort Wayne, seen three world fairs, been around the world twice, looked danger in the face and seen goats fuck in the marketplace, but I ainít never seen no shit like the shit that goes on around this place.

Dave Cook
NHRA N375
"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular"
Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #24
George Klass
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmp40 View Post
You forgot:
...two and three abreast, dont stop at stop signs, dont signal turns, dont stop at red lights, dont yeild when required, and pass cars stopped at lights and stop signs....
I've seen this many times and it does piss me off. But if you run over a biker and you are under the influence of alcohol, you are going to be in trouble. Same as running over a pedistrian.

http://times-up.org/index.php?page=bnc-legal-faq

www.accufabracing.com

www.georgeklass.net
Old 06-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #25
ndmp40
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
I've seen this many times and it does piss me off. But if you run over a biker and you are under the influence of alcohol, you are going to be in trouble. Same as running over a pedistrian.

http://times-up.org/index.php?page=bnc-legal-faq
If you hit anything under the influence, you are toast. Hell, in michigan, if you are under the influence and somebody rear ends you, you are the one going to jail.
ďWeíre seeing the reality of a lot of the North Pole starting to evaporate, and we could get to a tipping point. Because if it evaporates to a certain point - they have lanes now where ships can go that couldnít ever sail through before. And if it gets to a point where it evaporates too much, thereís a lot of tundra thatís being held down by that ice cap.Ē

Henry Waxman, Democrat, Chaiman of the Energy and Commerce Committee
ndmp40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #26
Goob
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmp40 View Post
If you hit anything under the influence, you are toast. Hell, in michigan, if you are under the influence and somebody rear ends you, you are the one going to jail.
Michigan? Hell, anywhere, anytime, you might be totally innocent of fault, but if you are buzzed, you're going to jail.

It's all about insurance companies weaseling out of claims.
Iíve smoked dope, chewed rope, danced, pranced, French romanced, fucked, farted, fought, shot the moon and drove big trucks. Iíve been to Janesville, Gainesville, Maine, Spain, Spokane and Fort Wayne, seen three world fairs, been around the world twice, looked danger in the face and seen goats fuck in the marketplace, but I ainít never seen no shit like the shit that goes on around this place.

Dave Cook
NHRA N375
"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular"
Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #27
George Klass
Smoked Another SBC

I trully dislike these bicycle pricks that ride four abrest with their little laytex panties, almost daring you to hit them. And when one of them gets clobbered by a motor vehicle, even when the bike guy may have the right of way, all I can say is "there are no victims, only voluneers". It's like some fool pedestrian that jumps off the curb without looking and gets nailed in a crosswalk. He may have had the right of way but he is now dead. The bike guys should be a little more concerned about their own safety and a little less concerned about who has "the right of way".

But having said this, I am an adult. I am not an emotional idiot, like some on this thread. I try (to the extent possible) to put my emotions off to the side and act rationally. I don't act out my dislike for these bike people by trying to fuck with them or see how close I can come to them. I am in charge of my emotions, they are not in charge of me.

There are alot of things in life that are annoying or that piss me off, but I deal with those things. I don't let those things deal with me.

www.accufabracing.com

www.georgeklass.net
Old 06-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #28
purpleplymouth
Wearing my WWII helmet
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
It's just as illegal to operate a bicycle impaired, or to stop on the roadway to pass a doobie and have a beer in traffic lanes.
A former Marine I know got a DUI on his bicycle.
When I was 14, I got a ticket for riding my bike on the sidewalk by the Dayton PD. Mandatory court appearance.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776
purpleplymouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #29
Coachk
Smoked Another SBC

My wife was pulling out of our driveway gate in her car and just as soon as she pulled out BAMMMMM....this f'er goes flying over the hood. Needless to say my wife nearly had a heart attack on the spot, she was so scared. The guy is laying on the pavement, flopping around like a fish. Medics arrive and bandage him up, the trooper walks over to my wife and asks her what happened. She said he came flying down the wrong side of the road and the next thing she knows he's flying over the car. Trooper wrote the guy 2 tickets, my wife 0.
Coachk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #30
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
I trully dislike these bicycle pricks that ride four abrest with their little laytex panties, almost daring you to hit them. And when one of them gets clobbered by a motor vehicle, even when the bike guy may have the right of way, all I can say is "there are no victims, only voluneers". It's like some fool pedestrian that jumps off the curb without looking and gets nailed in a crosswalk. He may have had the right of way but he is now dead. The bike guys should be a little more concerned about their own safety and a little less concerned about who has "the right of way".

But having said this, I am an adult. I am not an emotional idiot, like some on this thread. I try (to the extent possible) to put my emotions off to the side and act rationally. I don't act out my dislike for these bike people by trying to fuck with them or see how close I can come to them. I am in charge of my emotions, they are not in charge of me.

There are alot of things in life that are annoying or that piss me off, but I deal with those things. I don't let those things deal with me.

You invented the giant steel plate with a spring to slam down on the car in front of you......
Mark O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote