Mozez heads? - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > LSX, Mod Motor and Gen III Hemi Tech

Old 06-08-2011, 01:12 AM   #31
Billyman
out of work hair dresser
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Mozez heads?

Call me stoopid....................

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...highlight=mast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mikho View Post
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance.. baffle them with bullshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
Billyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #32
ATVracer
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyman View Post
Call me stoopid....................

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...highlight=mast
Stupid !
Old 06-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #33
performance induction
Pre-Staged

Sweet!! I just read this this whole thread and found out were not perfect!! I guess we can join all the other companys out there now. It takes time to create and manufacture a part whether its a bracket or a cylinder head. Tell me a company that does not test the market with a press release or a post in a forum to see what the demand might be. Sorry fellas' we do the best we can and if you want to kick someone in the balls, kick mine. Chris and the guys down at Mast can only go by what we give them on delivery times, they are extremely busy guys and have been expanding their sales staff to accomodate increased sales. We not only support the retail market but we also support their engine programs down at Mast, which more than doubles what we need to put out. We don't build cheap crap and it takes time to do it right. We hope to see things catch up over the next few months so we can have instant delivery. Until then, we will fill orders as quick as we can. BTW, for what its worth, I did not even start making patterns for the Mozez heads until after the Edelbrock canted race head made it debut at the PRI/Sema show. Since then we have sold 47 sets of mozez heads. None of them have had any issues and all have performed real well. Not pickin' on Edelbrock at all, but during the Performance Induction days, It was myself and one other employee working two shifts and produced an average of 4 finished sets of heads per day. Gooday

Cary
performance induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #34
Keith Berry
Smoked Another SBC

Told ya it was gonna get good. lol
The heads are worth the wait as said earlier by some. These things are bad ass. Being swamped by orders is a good thing Cary. Now get back to work (insert kick in the balls here)!

2014 To Be The Man You Got To Beat The Man Tour Sponsors

Bell Chassis Works
Proline Race Engines
RacePak
HyperAktive Solutions
Callies
Mickey Thompson
VP Fuel
ProTorque
Keith Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #35
performance induction
Pre-Staged

You must not have ordered them, we have a couple sets on the shelf with no backorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
When I called Mast Chris told me 3-4weeks ... me thinks he's lying.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #36
v502
Pre-Staged

6 week is was i was told on the intake.

14 weeks later and nothing so I pulled the plug maybe next time.

Although I love mast ls7 heads
v502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #37
95mmRenegade
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by performance induction View Post
Sweet!! I just read this this whole thread and found out were not perfect!! I guess we can join all the other companys out there now. It takes time to create and manufacture a part whether its a bracket or a cylinder head. Tell me a company that does not test the market with a press release or a post in a forum to see what the demand might be. Sorry fellas' we do the best we can and if you want to kick someone in the balls, kick mine. Chris and the guys down at Mast can only go by what we give them on delivery times, they are extremely busy guys and have been expanding their sales staff to accomodate increased sales. We not only support the retail market but we also support their engine programs down at Mast, which more than doubles what we need to put out. We don't build cheap crap and it takes time to do it right. We hope to see things catch up over the next few months so we can have instant delivery. Until then, we will fill orders as quick as we can. BTW, for what its worth, I did not even start making patterns for the Mozez heads until after the Edelbrock canted race head made it debut at the PRI/Sema show. Since then we have sold 47 sets of mozez heads. None of them have had any issues and all have performed real well. Not pickin' on Edelbrock at all, but during the Performance Induction days, It was myself and one other employee working two shifts and produced an average of 4 finished sets of heads per day. Gooday

Cary

Cary,
You guys have always made an awesome product even though it was sometimes a painful process to get. We are all grown men here and we can handle the truth. If the heads are going to take 1,2,3,4,5,6 months to get than just say so. Dont sugar coat it with the normal 2-4 week bullshit. The Mozez heads are some bad ass pieces but I know I am not the only one that has been fustrated with the wait/process.
95mmRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #38
performance induction
Pre-Staged

Phil, I hear that, unfortunately the older we get, the faster time goes by. Anymore it only seems that there are only 12 hours in a day instead of 24. Since Mast bought us out I have twice the work to do now and I am trying to straighten out my processes so the other guys can be more efficient without me. trust me, Horace Mast is one hell of a business man and will have one of the most recognized names in this business before long and I am glad to be a part of that as well as customers having respect for the name as a solid, no bs company. He has really helped us transform this company, it doesn't happen overnight. I have a commitment to him, the company and to our employees and the Mast customers, so it is hard to make everyone happy all the time, but I will do what I have to do to straighten out our delivery times up here. I am sure we are one of the fastest growing companies in this business and with it comes a little pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95mmRenegade View Post
Cary,
You guys have always made an awesome product even though it was sometimes a painful process to get. We are all grown men here and we can handle the truth. If the heads are going to take 1,2,3,4,5,6 months to get than just say so. Dont sugar coat it with the normal 2-4 week bullshit. The Mozez heads are some bad ass pieces but I know I am not the only one that has been fustrated with the wait/process.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #39
LSWon02Z28
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Cary,
Bingo! (not meaning to pick of PI/Mast/Cary individually) The whole "2 Weeks" thing is a damn disease through the entire industry.

Take something to the machine shop..."2 Weeks"

Take car to chassis shop... "2 Weeks"

Order Pistons... "2 Weeks"

It goes on forever. And it is bullshit when 2 weeks turns into 2 months... that isnt a simple error like 2 weeks turning into 3-4weeks.

As far as the Mozez heads go, if someone is going to order, theyre going to order... 2 weeks or 2 months, there is only one other in-kind competing head, and as John Marcella commented, he think the Mozez are better.

Take it from our perspective.... when building a car it sure would be nice to have accurate timelines to plan what can be done, and when... cashflow... etc etc.

5.13@138 Ultra Street
Special Thanks to:
Ron @ Rhodes Custom Auto, Race Proven Motorsports, BES Racing Engines, Induction Solutions, RPM Transmissions
LSWon02Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #40
95mmRenegade
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by performance induction View Post
Phil, I hear that, unfortunately the older we get, the faster time goes by. Anymore it only seems that there are only 12 hours in a day instead of 24. Since Mast bought us out I have twice the work to do now and I am trying to straighten out my processes so the other guys can be more efficient without me. trust me, Horace Mast is one hell of a business man and will have one of the most recognized names in this business before long and I am glad to be a part of that as well as customers having respect for the name as a solid, no bs company. He has really helped us transform this company, it doesn't happen overnight. I have a commitment to him, the company and to our employees and the Mast customers, so it is hard to make everyone happy all the time, but I will do what I have to do to straighten out our delivery times up here. I am sure we are one of the fastest growing companies in this business and with it comes a little pain.
I certainly understand your pain. Its a problem that plagues everyone in the performance industry. The only problem with the over promise/under deliver is you piss off customers and once you lose a customer this day and age its tough to get them back.

I've talked to a few people in the LS world and they wont even call certain companies because they have had problems in the past with delivery times and they dont want to take the heat from the customer when deadlines pass. As you know when a customer is paying top dollar for a motor they expect a realistic timeline for completion. Engine builders end up getting their balls kicked in eventhough they have no control over the product.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #41
95mmRenegade
Smoked Another SBC

And as a consumer, I'd rather hear, look its going to take 6-8 weeks and get them early.

Maybe a feeble attempt to understand time line......

For a set of cylinder heads to take 6 months......
- a month consisting of 20 work days
- figuring 4 sets of cylinder heads per day
- does this mean that you had 400 orders of cylinder heads that you had to complete before the heads were in the machine/assembly que?

Last edited by 95mmRenegade; 06-08-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #42
CJT
Spooled up

Quote:
And as a consumer, I'd rather hear, look its going to take 6-8 weeks and get them early.

- does this mean that you had 400 orders of cylinder heads that you had to complete before the heads were in the machine/assembly que?

Not trying to bust your nuts but alot of companies make other products other than just one. Poke around their website and see all the different parts that they make.

Being on all sides, manufacturing, sales and even consumer. Sometimes things take longer than they should, production delay, down machines, contributing parts not showing up it all adds up. Not to sure what you do for a living but stuff like that will make you pull your fricking hair out.
CJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #43
95mmRenegade
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJT View Post
Not trying to bust your nuts but alot of companies make other products other than just one. Poke around their website and see all the different parts that they make.

Being on all sides, manufacturing, sales and even consumer. Sometimes things take longer than they should, production delay, down machines, contributing parts not showing up it all adds up. Not to sure what you do for a living but stuff like that will make you pull your fricking hair out.
I certainly understand how much business a large company can do....

The point was, IF that math is right,

How do you expect to deliver heads in 2-4 weeks?

We always promise 2x the expected time and in most cases the product shows early and the customer is happy. When their are delays our ass is covered.

I'm not a typical dumbass that doesn't understand how timelines go with machine work. They only have a handful of CNC machines and time to assemble.

Last edited by 95mmRenegade; 06-08-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #44
DBN
Launchin

I got one of the first few sets of Mozez heads produced back in the fall of 2010. I did have to wait a while to get them but I was never told "two weeks." I just want to say thanks Cary for all that you have done, are doing, and will do in the future. You make great products.
DBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #45
1984camaroz28
Pullin gears

Quote:

I agree 100 percent I rather be told 6 months then 2 weeks... Been down the road from what was a few weeks turned into 7 months and every time they tell u next week but it never comes
Posted via Mobile Device
1984camaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote