Quaker City Motorsports Park - Page 8 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 05-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #106
Johnboy
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Quaker City Motorsports Park

It was tough to see today, alot of cars ready to go, between the UMTR, F/Cars gassers stocks/superstocks, and bracket cars, but the right decision was made. They gave it a good try to fix, but it just didn't happen. The track is moving in the right direction !
Johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #107
2fst4umalibu
Launchin

[QUOTE=jonesy1;6340667]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaska347 View Post
Why not????? Other than Norwalk this will be one of the nicest track surfaces in Ohio!!! Norm Fox and Greg Miller aren't fucking around.
x2!!!!!,if you wanna keep up with the jones this is what you hafta do!sorry about the punn jonesy!!!!!
2fst4umalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #108
jonesy1
Smoked Another SBC

[QUOTE=2fst4umalibu;6342126]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy1 View Post
x2!!!!!,if you wanna keep up with the jones this is what you hafta do!sorry about the punn jonesy!!!!!
None taken!!!! Its the truth. Gotta givem credit at QCMP!!!!! Everytime the cancel a race its costing them money. They want to keep us safe as drivers and car owners. I think it would be a great idea at all tracks to put some kind of call box or caution light at the top end of the track so that adriver that just made a pass could call the tower or the starter to let them know that there is something on the track such as oil or rain or debris. I have had rain in my backyard and sun in the front and they arent a half mile apart. This could maybe stop some top end crashes.

4.27 @ 170 MPH
6.67 @ 210 MPH on 2 guns with my OLD motor. The new one is going to be a different story.
Thanks to:
Davis Race Cars
Abruzzi Transmission & Converters
Dave Bayus
Hyatt Racing Services
L and M Motorsports
Buck Racing Engines

Last edited by jonesy1; 05-30-2011 at 12:03 PM.
jonesy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #109
Andamo
Launchin

Maybe if you just made a pass and saw something on the track like oil, water or parts, just don't pull off the track. Hopefully this would alert the starting line people that something needs looked at.
Andamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #110
shawnp
Launchin

Not the best of ideas stopping on the track . I know at Norwalk and Quaker it can be very hard to see a car at the end of the track during the day, but imagine a dark car sitting down there with a hard to see tail light at night. There needs to be a system in place that allows the drivers to alert the staff of an issue before the next set of cars clears the track.
Vickers Transmissions
shawnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #111
Andamo
Launchin

The problem is, once the starting line folks see the cars off the racing surface, they send another pair of cars and it might be too late then to warn the starting line. Having a track worker positioned down track might be a possibility, but that's another cost for the track. Maybe more lighting down in the shutdown area would help spot a car still on the track by the tower and starting line people.
Andamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #112
2fst4umalibu
Launchin

would'nt a track steward or 2 down say between the finish line an an the return road do the same thing,put up a small tower say 10,15 ft above the jersey wall with a walkie talkie an a pair of binoculers do about the same thing(just an idea)
2fst4umalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #113
Bidge
Spooled up

If I am not mistaken the ambulance crew and a staff member are located in the shut-down area. Both have walkie-talkies. Neither one does a darn bit of good if the cars on the track are past the starting line. What may work is a flashing light on the wall at maybe 1/8 mile or 1000ft. Something that the starter or tower or people in the shut-down area or the ET shack could trigger after the cars leave the line. This accident was a once in a life time deal. Been racing 20 yrs and have never seen this happen. Jerry was very sore but A-OK.

For the ones doubting concrete, have you seen the price of asphalt lately?

This weekend was a dam crying shame about 250+ racecars on the property Sat. night and weepers then rain fucked everything up. Sun. track was packed again and the dam sun was bringing water up through the cracks again. Any old timers ever, I mean EVER see this happen at QCMP? Management done the best they could, keep the sharp objects away from them this week!
Bidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #114
denn468
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidge View Post

the cost will be in hiring a competent company that has the talent to pour it to ihra/nhra spec. when you are spending that much cash you want it top notch the first time!or you will end up like 42! 1/4 mile concrete will attract the type of cars qcr needs for revival

Last edited by denn468; 05-30-2011 at 07:22 PM.
denn468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #115
Ed Galanda
Pullin gears

Sucks to hear the racing sunday didn't pan out. I guess a weeping fuel line hose end saved me some fuel and turnpike fees for trip there.
Ed Galanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #116
jonesy1
Smoked Another SBC

[QUOTE=jonesy1;6342954]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4umalibu View Post
None taken!!!! Its the truth. Gotta givem credit at QCMP!!!!! Everytime the cancel a race its costing them money. They want to keep us safe as drivers and car owners. I think it would be a great idea at all tracks to put some kind of call box or caution light at the top end of the track so that adriver that just made a pass could call the tower or the starter to let them know that there is something on the track such as oil or rain or debris. I have had rain in my backyard and sun in the front and they arent a half mile apart. This could maybe stop some top end crashes.
caution light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.27 @ 170 MPH
6.67 @ 210 MPH on 2 guns with my OLD motor. The new one is going to be a different story.
Thanks to:
Davis Race Cars
Dave Bayus
Hyatt Racing Services
L and M Motorsports
Buck Racing Engines
Old 05-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #117
jonesy1
Smoked Another SBC

Lay down ok concrete and come back and grind it smooth!!! Its almost like hanging drywall and then the finishers come in and mud and tape it!!!!! The finishers make the dry waller's look good.

4.27 @ 170 MPH
Thanks to:
Davis Race Cars
Dave Bayus
Hyatt Racing Services
L and M Motorsports
Buck Racing Engines
Old 05-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #118
jonesy1
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidge View Post
If I am not mistaken the ambulance crew and a staff member are located in the shut-down area. Both have walkie-talkies. Neither one does a darn bit of good if the cars on the track are past the starting line. What may work is a flashing light on the wall at maybe 1/8 mile or 1000ft. Something that the starter or tower or people in the shut-down area or the ET shack could trigger after the cars leave the line. This accident was a once in a life time deal. Been racing 20 yrs and have never seen this happen. Jerry was very sore but A-OK.

This weekend was a dam crying shame about 250+ racecars on the property Sat. night and weepers then rain fucked everything up. Sun. track was packed again and the dam sun was bringing water up through the cracks again. Any old timers ever, I mean EVER see this happen at QCMP? Management done the best they could, keep the sharp objects away from them this week!
We have had so much fucking rain this year that tracks that have never had a problem with rain/water are experiencing some kind of water issues in one way or another.

4.27 @ 170 MPH
Thanks to:
Davis Race Cars
Dave Bayus
Hyatt Racing Services
L and M Motorsports
Buck Racing Engines
Old 05-31-2011, 07:39 AM   #119
thyatt21
Smoked another BBC

From the look of the attendance at Thompson on Saturday everybody must have gone to Quaker City for the guarantied money and to be some place that has points fund.Maybe 24 cars in Top for a cut purse,you cannot attract fast cars when you cut the purse down.It looks like the Renegade Racing Association is going to be the best thing going at Thompson.At least we know they will fill the pits up.
thyatt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #120
jonesy1
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyatt21 View Post
From the look of the attendance at Thompson on Saturday everybody must have gone to Quaker City for the guarantied money and to be some place that has points fund.Maybe 24 cars in Top for a cut purse,you cannot attract fast cars when you cut the purse down.It looks like the Renegade Racing Association is going to be the best thing going at Thompson.At least we know they will fill the pits up.
Cody Bayus and Bobby Cireddu were in the finals of top. They agreed to split the money and with $50 going to the winner. Bayus walked away with only $225 and Cireddu got $275. Its terrible that winner and runner-up money only came to $500.

4.27 @ 170 MPH
Thanks to:
Davis Race Cars
Dave Bayus
Hyatt Racing Services
L and M Motorsports
Buck Racing Engines