Quaker City Motorsports Park - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #31
shawnp
Launchin

Default Re: Quaker City Motorsports Park

Wow that is a pretty early call. I would have to think that there was a decent amount of cars down the track Saturday and you will have the Friday night program this week. Weather has not been too bad so I would think there is time to work the track.

I guess if you want a quick race there is a quick 32 Saturday and Sunday at National Trail. Door car side is normally a mid to high 5 second bump and dragster side normally 4.90-5.0 bump. Open wheel and fuill body run in the final.
Vickers Transmissions
shawnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #32
Smitty275
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnp View Post
Weather has not been too bad so I would think there is time to work the track.
Might have been a nice weekend but there has been rain Sunday night, Monday, and today. Forecast does not look promising by any means. It's going to take more than a tire dragger and spray/rosen to bring it around. Might be able to make a killer starting line but down track is another story. Eventually they will wake up to the fact and admit the track needs serious work.
Smitty275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #33
Johnboy
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andamo View Post
The Q16 race for this Saturday has also been cancelled. Good move on Greg's part to do this. The track needs more rubber down on it for this type of racing.
Thks for heads up Dan !
Johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #34
bwendling
Smoked another BBC

i was looking for somewhere to race this weekend! shawn maybe ill see ya at nt! never been there before!
bwendling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #35
gerry penn
doing it right
Smoked another BBC

I'm changing my sig its gonna read this

Qcrttbmfrs
Old 05-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #36
An87442
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry penn View Post
I'm changing my sig its gonna read this

Qcrttbmfrs
Let me guess...Quaker City Racers to the back mother fuckers. Quit your bitchin about it and take your streetcar down it already. It has a new owner who wants to make it right for the racers. I know you raced this weekend (after much debate) but you are a real racer right? Support the local tracks before they end up like 42
An87442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #37
gerry penn
doing it right
Smoked another BBC

Is this coming from the same Guy that trailered his 11.70 grand national to the track and they were closed. LMMFAOCFBB
Old 05-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #38
jonesy1
Smoked Another SBC

I personally think after some thought that maybe QCMP may have made the right decision about shutting the Q16 down for the weekend. Lets give them credit where credit is do!!! They were looking out for us instead of their bank account. I am sure that they will lose a considerable amount of money not running us this weekend. I posted in one of the Renegade threads that we need to give them sometime to get things in order after Dan Swindell did nothing to Quaker except basically run it into the ground.

4.27 @ 170 MPH
6.67 @ 210 MPH on 2 guns with my OLD motor. The new one is going to be a different story.
Thanks to:
Davis Race Cars
Abruzzi Transmission & Converters
Dave Bayus
Hyatt Racing Services
L and M Motorsports
Buck Racing Engines
jonesy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #39
thrasher
Smoked another BBC

To use a drag racing analogy or example, you guys didn't go out and race a top fuel or pro mod car your first year out. Give these guys a chance first financially to recover from the purchase and the many improvements and alterations to make it possible to open. Also there have been many hurdles to overcome regarding construction and gaining an access road after being abused by The Swindler on the former driveway. You guys should be singing high praises to Norm Fox and his crew for keeping this place open and making it better for us. Trust me with time QMP will have a track we can all be proud to say we race there.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #40
jonesy1
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
To use a drag racing analogy or example, you guys didn't go out and race a top fuel or pro mod car your first year out. Give these guys a chance first financially to recover from the purchase and the many improvements and alterations to make it possible to open. Also there have been many hurdles to overcome regarding construction and gaining an access road after being abused by The Swindler on the former driveway. You guys should be singing high praises to Norm Fox and his crew for keeping this place open and making it better for us. Trust me with time QMP will have a track we can all be proud to say we race there.
Absolutely!!!! Rome wasn't built in the day. As I said in another thread I wouldn't be surprised if you dont see a whole new racing surface at QCMP in a year or so. They need to focus on their their weekly bracket program to generate some funds for more track upgrades. Look at it like this Norm has spent a shit ton of money out of his pocket and has only had a couple open weekends so his bank account has seen way more withdrawals compared to deposits!!!!!

4.27 @ 170 MPH
6.67 @ 210 MPH on 2 guns with my OLD motor. The new one is going to be a different story.
Thanks to:
Davis Race Cars
Dave Bayus
Hyatt Racing Services
L and M Motorsports
Buck Racing Engines
Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #41
cumminatya
Pullin gears

hope its good supposed to be down there all weekend let you guys know monday !
cumminatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #42
cumminatya
Pullin gears

Quaker has lots of potential its just a matter of time before get it dialed in we are lucky to have the tracks we do in northeast ohio
cumminatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #43
Tom Cowle's wife
Smoked Another SBC

We [The RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION] are supporting Norm Fox and his facility to hopefully help them out by having a race there in August in conjunction with the PRO-MODS. We hope they can deliver on a well prepared track as they've indicated they will.
Chumley Motorsports
ABRUZZI Transmissions
Summit Racing Equipment
Rossler Transmissions
Ultratech Racecars
Ti Dyno
JOHNBOY Photography
MIKE BROWN CUSTOMS
Hemly Tool
SKW MOTORSPORTS
Smitty's Car Craft
Klaben Ford
STAINLESS WORKS
M&M Chassis Craft
MC Pix
OID Prod
Advance Paint Technology
Performance Appliance
VP Racing Fuel
WISECO PISTONS
Tom Cowle's wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #44
shawnp
Launchin

We have had a pretty good rain the last 2 nights which is probably no help to the pit area. The days have been dry enough to maintain the track but no one wants to pull into a place they know they are going to be stuck in until someone pulls them out of.

We have raced there a long time. Never have we had issues with the traction there or an unsafe race surface. Now we normally only run 7.50-7.60 range but have sprayed for some 1/8 mile racing and no issue there going 4.60's. I know there are others that have been there running faster who did not complain. The track by no means is the smoothest track in the world but is very raceable running low 7's and into the 6's. After this season when they can finally address the need to correct a few bumps and update the forgotten surface, then there is no reason why this track should not hold deep into the 6's and start seeing 3 second 1/8 mile runs from the outlaw dragster or pro-mod fields.
Vickers Transmissions
shawnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #45
jonesy1
Smoked Another SBC

The last time I raced there was July 3rd 2009 for a Q16 race. The reason I remember that is because my son was born on the 2nd. I turned on 1 medium system and ended up #1 qualifier with a 6.99 at 199 mph. I went straight down the track without any problems. I hope to see QCMP get another Pro-Am race too!!! Hell if Norm keeps working at it like he has been is there a National event possibly headed to QCMP in the future. The sky is the limit.

4.27 @ 170 MPH
Thanks to:
Davis Race Cars
Dave Bayus
Hyatt Racing Services
L and M Motorsports
Buck Racing Engines