Quaker City Motorsports Park - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #16
David71
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Quaker City Motorsports Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy1 View Post
I am all for upgrading the timing system, track facilities such as the concession stands, bleachers, rest rooms but most of this is for the spectators!!!! I think it is great that Norm and his people are doing these upgrades!!!! Racers are looking for a smooth safe racetrack to run on and without racers you dont have spectators/fans. JMO
X2!!!!!!!!!!
Motors By Matthews (Ken Matthews 440-289-9414)
David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #17
COOK E
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
I am all for upgrading the timing system, track facilities such as the concession stands, bleachers, rest rooms but most of this is for the spectators!!!! I think it is great that Norm and his people are doing these upgrades!!!! Racers are looking for a smooth safe racetrack to run on and without racers you dont have spectators/fans. JMO
and why does any track even fuck with these off brand timing systems... Compulink is proven. hopefully Accutime is better than the TSI crap....

It's your lie sir, Tell it how you want it....
Old 04-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #18
David71
Smoked another BBC

I heard super fast cars like Q/16 and Pro Mod said they won't race their till the track is fixed. Don't know if it is true? Anyone know?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #19
NDA Racer
Flat Earther
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
I am all for upgrading the timing system, track facilities such as the concession stands, bleachers, rest rooms but most of this is for the spectators!!!!

and on regular racing days spectators are few and far between. The prev owner used to focus on crap that didn't matter as well. That big stupid tower, moving the grandstands next to the track.

Dick Mossey left the stands out in the weeds and they were always packed. That track isn't ever going to be Norwalk.

Mr. Mossey knew what worked for that track. RIP Mr. Mossey.
NDA Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #20
Smitty275
Smoked another BBC

Posted on the home page this morning. Not surprised at all.

Hi race fans,

There is no reason to beat around the bush - since the bush is just about under water anyway. Quaker City Motorsports Park will not be opening this weekend. The amount of rain that has fallen this month is approacing 7 inches, and the grounds at QCMP are simply saturated, to the point of some pits having puddles in the grass. We also would like to ask everyone with reserved spots to please hold off on any parking of motorhomes or trailers. Please stay tuned - we will be announcing the schedule for next weekend soon.

I know of many who will not go there until the rough track surface issue is resolved. Not all of them are uber fast cars either. They just don't like having their slicks torn up at twice the rate of anywhere else.
Smitty275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #21
FlyinOhioan
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
I heard super fast cars like Q/16 and Pro Mod said they won't race their till the track is fixed. Don't know if it is true? Anyone know?
The first Pro Mod race is May 14th and I predict a full field . Regardless of what does or does not happen to the track racers will show up , maybe not all of the regulars but cars will be there .
FlyinOhioan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #22
COOK E
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinOhioan View Post
The first Pro Mod race is May 14th and I predict a full field . Regardless of what does or does not happen to the track racers will show up , maybe not all of the regulars but cars will be there .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DImVXsViDIU

It's your lie sir, Tell it how you want it....
Old 04-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #23
David71
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinOhioan View Post
Ya right!!! Have you seen the track? It will cew up slicks bad!!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #24
mx450rider
Burnout box

You could try and surface grind the track, but being as old as the surface is you'd probably generate more problems than you originally had(bringing up entire chunks of cement or blacktop). I understand everyone wants a perfect surface, as do I, but the weather up around here hasn't seen more than a couple days of sun at a time..making it impossible to do anything with the track. All everyone can do is hope the new owner re-surfaces the track at the end of the year! I for one am just happy its under new management! I feel GREAT things coming to Quaker City in the future.
mx450rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:55 AM   #25
FlyinOhioan
Pullin gears

The weather has really put the racing on hold almost everywhere in northern Ohio . Hopefully the Fox family will take the down time to get the facility where they want it to be .
FlyinOhioan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:21 AM   #26
Smitty275
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx450rider View Post
You could try and surface grind the track, but being as old as the surface is you'd probably generate more problems than you originally had(bringing up entire chunks of cement or blacktop). I understand everyone wants a perfect surface, as do I, but the weather up around here hasn't seen more than a couple days of sun at a time..making it impossible to do anything with the track. All everyone can do is hope the new owner re-surfaces the track at the end of the year! I for one am just happy its under new management! I feel GREAT things coming to Quaker City in the future.
The cement where the problem is has only been down a couple of years. Swindler attempted to make an improovement and put fresh concrete from 60' to 330' in place of the asphault. It was a botched job and they went back in with an asphault remover and chunked the top off the new concrete to make it level. That left parts of the concrete they attempted to lower rough as a cobble stone road. That is what racers would like to see corrected. It tears up slicks and makes for dangerous passes when slicks come loose on fast cars. This condition has been brought up to management several times and gets NO response. Not even a "were looking into it" type of response. If the surface isn't made safe they will have the same dismal participation they have had in the recent past. It doesn't matter how good of a track preperation expert someone is they cannot make a surface that bad work anywhere near proper.
The ProMod race was CANCELLED a couple of weeks ago. No reason given.
Smitty275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #27
Andamo
Launchin

The Q16 race for this Saturday has also been cancelled. Good move on Greg's part to do this. The track needs more rubber down on it for this type of racing.
Andamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #28
jonesy1
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andamo View Post
The Q16 race for this Saturday has also been cancelled. Good move on Greg's part to do this. The track needs more rubber down on it for this type of racing.
Are you serious!!!!!!!! Cancel a big race on a holiday weekend that a bunch of us were planning on running!!!!! Bad news for Quaker City!!!! Hasn't anyone heard of gold dust, glue, and a track dragger!!!!!!! WWWWWWTTTTTTTTFFFFFF!!!!!!! They may as well cancel the UMTR guys on Sunday too... The stickshift guys will have a harder time getting off the starting line than we would have.

4.27 @ 170 MPH
6.67 @ 210 MPH on 2 guns with my OLD motor. The new one is going to be a different story.
Thanks to:
Davis Race Cars
Abruzzi Transmission & Converters
Dave Bayus
Hyatt Racing Services
L and M Motorsports
Buck Racing Engines
jonesy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #29
jonesy1
Smoked Another SBC

I know of atleast 5 or 6 cars that can run well into the sixes that would have been set up to run some low seven second times that had no races to go to because this race didnt conflict with any of our schedules.

4.27 @ 170 MPH
6.67 @ 210 MPH on 2 guns with my OLD motor. The new one is going to be a different story.
Thanks to:
Davis Race Cars
Abruzzi Transmission & Converters
Dave Bayus
Hyatt Racing Services
L and M Motorsports
Buck Racing Engines
jonesy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #30
thrasher
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
I know of atleast 5 or 6 cars that can run well into the sixes that would have been set up to run some low seven second times that had no races to go to because this race didnt conflict with any of our schedules.
Why not come to PRP for this weekend we would like the extra cars to run with.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote