1993 Chevy S-10 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Build Threads > GM Builds

GM Builds Share all GM builds in this section.

Old 03-11-2014, 01:43 AM   #1
Biged_7255
Burnout box

Default 1993 Chevy S-10

Well guys, my build is literally back yard branded. Everything I have done to this truck was done in my back yard, except the exhaust work. But since it is going to become track only, even that will be back yard done.

Its a 1993 Square body S-10. 4.3L originally and since swapped to 5.3L LS engine from an 01 Yukon 4x4. I traded the 4.3 and auto for the 5.3 with harness and ecu from a seller near me. The 5.3L is stock except for the shorty headers that I bought that were s-10 swap specific. I have gone with carb over the winter which has caused quite a domino effect on the whole truck build. But now it has the victor jr. with a Holley 750 DP and a perimeter plate nitrous kit jetted for 150 hp. Haven't gotten a chance to get it up and running yet due to transmission problems. It was originally a turbo 400 backing the 5.3, but I have since sold that and gone to a turbo 350. I have a reverse manual valve body already sitting at the house waiting for me, and have ordered up a Freak Show Performance converter that I expect to be in Friday.

I will get all of that swapped over and hopefully get it installed behind the engine. But may wait on doing that because of needing to have a transmission cross member built from box steel. If I take the truck and the pieces I have to have for the cross member out to a friends house, I can probably get the trans installed and the piece built in one afternoon since he has a welder.

I have decided to purchase an explorer 8.8 rear axle setup and install that during the summer time, but not before I get a chance to get this setup I have currently down the track a few times. Only part I don't like having to deal with is getting the rear axles drilled for the Chevy pattern. One machine shop owner is just plain bonkers on pricing, another shop said labor only for the drilling, and the third one I haven't called yet.

Well, that is what all is going on with this for now. I do have some pictures to add and hopefully it will let the photobucket links come through.

Intake when I first got it:

Engine when I picked it up last year:

As the truck sits right now waiting for more stuff to get done:

Continued in next posting:
Biged_7255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Drag Daddy
Launchin

Default Re: 1993 Chevy S-10

Fuel regulater Can't be mounted on firewall!