1999 Isuzu NPR Diesel Average Mileage? - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
78buickregal
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
Smoked Another SBC

Default 1999 Isuzu NPR Diesel Average Mileage?

Just bought a 1999 Isuzu NPR diesel with the 5.9 liter Isuzu 4cyl diesel motor to replace the box van I currently use with a gas motor. Anyone out there drive one of these daily or have employees or friends that drive them daily? Just wondering what these things get for mileage, both when loaded and empty? Any input is appreciated.

Carbon Fiber goodies for your race car!
78buickregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
n8tr
Smoked Another SBC

Location: Punching like a girl with a drink in my other hand somewhere.
Default Re: 1999 Isuzu NPR Diesel Average Mileage?

Good question. We just bought one last week. I'll let you know how it does on fuel next week. I'm guessing about 10mpg. Adam and I drove it for about 150 miles last weekend and it used about a half tank. unfortunately, it wasn't filled up when I picked it up so I don't know how much we burned. I filled it up yesterday in the am and it appears to have a 25 gallon tank.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
78buickregal
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
Smoked Another SBC

Only a 25 gallon tank? My new 1999 has a 33 gallon tank and the 1995 NPR gas with a SBC 350 has a 29 gallon tank. The 1995 SBC NPR gets 6mpg....yes, six miles per gallon on unleaded. Probably more to do with it being OBD I and a TBI than gas versus diesel. I'm hoping the 1999 diesel can get a minimum of 12 mpg, effectively doubling my mileage. I'll know more in about a week also. What year and which motor did you get in yours Nate?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
n8tr
Smoked Another SBC

its an 04. 4 cyl diesel. I believe it is a 5.2l though. Not exactly sure. I didn't check the manual on the tank. could be a 30 gallon tank. guage could be off. it had a 1/8th tank and I put 20 gallons in it to fill it up.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
n8tr
Smoked Another SBC

p.s. Truck weighed 9550 with my fat ass in it. At least thats what the scale at the landfill said.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
RadialValiant
Launchin

We get 12.7 in ours average loaded/unloaded. It doesn't stay either way too long. 99 GMC (Isuzu NPR) with the 4 cyl diesel/auto. It has a 16' fiberglass box with a liftgate. Don't know what it weighs. We haul stuff we buy out of storage units with it and don't do too much highway driving.
RadialValiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
78buickregal
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
Smoked Another SBC

I just went back and looked at the tag on top of the motor. It says 290 CID/4751cc, so 4.75 liter. Mine has the tuck-under lift on back also with an aluminum box. Not sure why I thought it was 5.9 liter?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
78buickregal
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadialValiant View Post
We get 12.7 in ours average loaded/unloaded. It doesn't stay either way too long. 99 GMC (Isuzu NPR) with the 4 cyl diesel/auto. It has a 16' fiberglass box with a liftgate. Don't know what it weighs. We haul stuff we buy out of storage units with it and don't do too much highway driving.

Mine will be making a lot of little stops all day and seeing a lot of freeway action on the weekends. 12.7 MPG would make me happy, effectively doubling my mileage while compensating for the differnce in the price of diesel versus gas.