1976 HP on a F2 !! ???? - Page 6 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Supercharged - Steve Morris Engines

Supercharged - Steve Morris Engines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #76
morris
Moderator
Smoked another BBC
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,492
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

I am working hard on some stuff right now and have a F3 deal coming up this week I will be testing with. Big Block Chrysler too!

I will keep you guys posted on the progress.

as far as details it really is the whole combo, but it has some really good heads on it, the cam is a new deal for me and something I am moving towards and we are modifying the blower. More to come on that.
__________________
Thanks
Steve Morris

www.stevemorrisengines.com

morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #77
slim
Member
Pullin gears
 
slim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 798
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
Craigs just messing with you guys now, the blower spins 54000 not 80000
LOL He had me believing it. Oh well, you don't race power numbers anyway.... Show me a 4.7X or 4.8X this year on that True 10.5 tire keeping it off the bumper; that would be cool.
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #78
68Bird
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
68Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 6,609
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim View Post
LOL He had me believing it. Oh well, you don't race power numbers anyway.... Show me a 4.7X or 4.8X this year on that True 10.5 tire keeping it off the bumper; that would be cool.

Exactly. My work is just beginning! Lots of changes to the entire car to get a handle on.

And yeah, was just messing around with you guys. We're spinning less than 60k which is awesome because the F2 is a super durable piece at that RPM.

Craig
__________________
FOR SALE: ProCharger F3-130 & '05 GMC 2500 Duramax CC - PM ME

'68 Firebird L/S
1.11, 2.96, 4.48 @ 161 mph
275 radial, F2 ProCharger w/ ProVolute, 3230#

Follow Ten5Motorsports on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/Ten-5-MotorsportsCraig-Ondrick-Racing

Thanks to:

www.MandMtransmission.com
www.RaceFlowDevelopment.com
www.JakesPerformanceFabrication.com
www.HyperformanceRacing.com
www.PaintedwithPowder.com
www.TimsBodyandGlass.com
68Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #79
dan schoneck
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
dan schoneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mn
Posts: 4,056
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Can you guys help me understand this. You guys made 24lbs of boost at 6800rpms and slowed the blower down to 54000rpms and made the same boost of 24lbs but @ 7500? So what blower pulleys are you running. I can tell from this dyno vid that there was around a 48 tooth blower pulley on it and looks to be around a 77-80 crank pulley so that gives me bower speeds of 61000 for the 80-48 and 59000 with the 77-48. If it had a 75/48 it would be 57000rpms of blower speed @ 6800rpms. Now untill you tell us what pulley combo it had, it makes no difference. You would of had to of had a 75-56 to only be at 54000rpms of blower speed at 7500rpms. But there is no way in the vid there is a 56tooth blower pulley on it. Pulley combo that appears to be on during this dyno pull is a 75-80 and no bigger than a 48 so blower speed of no less than 59000 and as much as 63000 @ 7100 when the dyno run ended.

Next what is with the 13.3 af ratio? and the brake specific being lower than the motor that made 1400hp in the other vid. This motor is magically making 250+hp more than any other f2 i have ever seen on an engine dyno and thats alot of boost for a bbc and a f2. The motor that makes 1400hp on your engine dyno has an air fuel of 11.8 and a brake specific of .58 to .68 and this motor is .51-.53. Do you really believe this engine will live on the track with a 13.33 af? Next who ever is talking in the vid talks about the torque falling off after peak power, but look at the a/f again its 13.5 climbing to 13.9.... Those are starting to be NA a/f numbers. Where are the EGT numbers?

Also why does this motor make so much more boost than the motor that made 1400 when it looks like the blowers are pullied real simular and how does this motor have 10lbs more boost on top of the carb then it does below the carb? and the other bbc that made 1400 only has a loss of 4 lbs of boost at 20 above carb and 16 below.

Next what is the fastest a F2 motor of yours has gone in the 1/4 at any givin weight and how much power did it make on your dyno. Before this motor what is the most hp you have seen with a f2 and any dyno vids and dyno data of it. brake specifics, boost by rpm egt etc

How much timing also where you running? I know a bb can handle more due to the bore size but im curious.

Junior has been the fastest ever on radials and a f2. The motor was 360 cubes with heads that flow 360-260 and the car wieghed 3200lbs. The blower can only support x amount of air which in return only makes x amount of hp. Tell me how you got x amount of air to make 250 more hp. How is this possible?

It will be very interesting to see this thing on the track for sure. Mph with wieght and tire will be the real hp calculator and it should run 7. teens @ 3200lbs on radials, cause juniors car maybe made 1700hp at the flywheel to go 7.38/191 and I think he will agree.

Cant wait to see updates on this......

Later Dan
__________________
www.schoneckcomposites.com 507-525-3333 Your one stop Mustang Composite shop. 79-09 Mustang Composites
add us on facebook (SchoneckComposites)

Also Wanted 2005-2006 Ford GT Supercar parts Buy sell Trade

dan schoneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #80
scott foxwell
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
scott foxwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: N/E Tennessee
Posts: 11,150
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
Craigs just messing with you guys now, the blower spins 54000 not 80000
Had me going.
Heads and cam can be huge.
__________________

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS
STRAUB TECHNOLOGIES
Performance Cylinder Head Specialties
Retail/wholesale parts sales
Custom cams
805 350 1159 cell
423 391 7774 office

www.foxwellmotorsports.com


New Canfield BB Chevy heads now available!


In the darkness and the madness of this world, seek the Light and know the peace of God.
scott foxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #81
scott foxwell
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
scott foxwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: N/E Tennessee
Posts: 11,150
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Lot of the very same questions I've had in my mind since this thread started, but too lazy to type out. (I hate typing...I have ten thumbs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan schoneck View Post
Can you guys help me understand this. You guys made 24lbs of boost at 6800rpms and slowed the blower down to 54000rpms and made the same boost of 24lbs but @ 7500? So what blower pulleys are you running. I can tell from this dyno vid that there was around a 48 tooth blower pulley on it and looks to be around a 77-80 crank pulley so that gives me bower speeds of 61000 for the 80-48 and 59000 with the 77-48. If it had a 75/48 it would be 57000rpms of blower speed @ 6800rpms. Now untill you tell us what pulley combo it had, it makes no difference. You would of had to of had a 75-56 to only be at 54000rpms of blower speed at 7500rpms. But there is no way in the vid there is a 56tooth blower pulley on it. Pulley combo that appears to be on during this dyno pull is a 75-80 and no bigger than a 48 so blower speed of no less than 59000 and as much as 63000 @ 7100 when the dyno run ended.

Next what is with the 13.3 af ratio? and the brake specific being lower than the motor that made 1400hp in the other vid. This motor is magically making 250+hp more than any other f2 i have ever seen on an engine dyno and thats alot of boost for a bbc and a f2. The motor that makes 1400hp on your engine dyno has an air fuel of 11.8 and a brake specific of .58 to .68 and this motor is .51-.53. Do you really believe this engine will live on the track with a 13.33 af? Next who ever is talking in the vid talks about the torque falling off after peak power, but look at the a/f again its 13.5 climbing to 13.9.... Those are starting to be NA a/f numbers. Where are the EGT numbers?

Also why does this motor make so much more boost than the motor that made 1400 when it looks like the blowers are pullied real simular and how does this motor have 10lbs more boost on top of the carb then it does below the carb? and the other bbc that made 1400 only has a loss of 4 lbs of boost at 20 above carb and 16 below.

Next what is the fastest a F2 motor of yours has gone in the 1/4 at any givin weight and how much power did it make on your dyno. Before this motor what is the most hp you have seen with a f2 and any dyno vids and dyno data of it. brake specifics, boost by rpm egt etc

How much timing also where you running? I know a bb can handle more due to the bore size but im curious.

Junior has been the fastest ever on radials and a f2. The motor was 360 cubes with heads that flow 360-260 and the car wieghed 3200lbs. The blower can only support x amount of air which in return only makes x amount of hp. Tell me how you got x amount of air to make 250 more hp. How is this possible?

It will be very interesting to see this thing on the track for sure. Mph with wieght and tire will be the real hp calculator and it should run 7. teens @ 3200lbs on radials, cause juniors car maybe made 1700hp at the flywheel to go 7.38/191 and I think he will agree.

Cant wait to see updates on this......

Later Dan
__________________

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS
STRAUB TECHNOLOGIES
Performance Cylinder Head Specialties
Retail/wholesale parts sales
Custom cams
805 350 1159 cell
423 391 7774 office

www.foxwellmotorsports.com


New Canfield BB Chevy heads now available!


In the darkness and the madness of this world, seek the Light and know the peace of God.
scott foxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #82
Vader Ta
Procharged SBC Enthusiast
Smoked Another SBC
 
Vader Ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,256
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Its all in the Flux Capacitor
__________________
Vader Ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #83
PCHARGED70
Member
Pullin gears
 
PCHARGED70's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 897
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader Ta View Post
Its all in the Flux Capacitor
wasn't it set to 21.1 jigowatts !!!!
PCHARGED70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #84
mark micke
Junior Member
Launchin
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jefferson city, missouri
Posts: 305
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan schoneck View Post
Can you guys help me understand this. You guys made 24lbs of boost at 6800rpms and slowed the blower down to 54000rpms and made the same boost of 24lbs but @ 7500? So what blower pulleys are you running. I can tell from this dyno vid that there was around a 48 tooth blower pulley on it and looks to be around a 77-80 crank pulley so that gives me bower speeds of 61000 for the 80-48 and 59000 with the 77-48. If it had a 75/48 it would be 57000rpms of blower speed @ 6800rpms. Now untill you tell us what pulley combo it had, it makes no difference. You would of had to of had a 75-56 to only be at 54000rpms of blower speed at 7500rpms. But there is no way in the vid there is a 56tooth blower pulley on it. Pulley combo that appears to be on during this dyno pull is a 75-80 and no bigger than a 48 so blower speed of no less than 59000 and as much as 63000 @ 7100 when the dyno run ended.

Next what is with the 13.3 af ratio? and the brake specific being lower than the motor that made 1400hp in the other vid. This motor is magically making 250+hp more than any other f2 i have ever seen on an engine dyno and thats alot of boost for a bbc and a f2. The motor that makes 1400hp on your engine dyno has an air fuel of 11.8 and a brake specific of .58 to .68 and this motor is .51-.53. Do you really believe this engine will live on the track with a 13.33 af? Next who ever is talking in the vid talks about the torque falling off after peak power, but look at the a/f again its 13.5 climbing to 13.9.... Those are starting to be NA a/f numbers. Where are the EGT numbers?

Also why does this motor make so much more boost than the motor that made 1400 when it looks like the blowers are pullied real simular and how does this motor have 10lbs more boost on top of the carb then it does below the carb? and the other bbc that made 1400 only has a loss of 4 lbs of boost at 20 above carb and 16 below.

Next what is the fastest a F2 motor of yours has gone in the 1/4 at any givin weight and how much power did it make on your dyno. Before this motor what is the most hp you have seen with a f2 and any dyno vids and dyno data of it. brake specifics, boost by rpm egt etc

How much timing also where you running? I know a bb can handle more due to the bore size but im curious.

Junior has been the fastest ever on radials and a f2. The motor was 360 cubes with heads that flow 360-260 and the car wieghed 3200lbs. The blower can only support x amount of air which in return only makes x amount of hp. Tell me how you got x amount of air to make 250 more hp. How is this possible?

It will be very interesting to see this thing on the track for sure. Mph with wieght and tire will be the real hp calculator and it should run 7. teens @ 3200lbs on radials, cause juniors car maybe made 1700hp at the flywheel to go 7.38/191 and I think he will agree.

Cant wait to see updates on this......

Later Dan
They got the new Dave W limited edition F-2. LOL
__________________
M&M Transmission 573-636-4136
2008 NMCA Prostreet champ
2013 NMCA Super Street champ
2013 ADRL Pro Drag Radial champ
mark micke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #85
dennysavage
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
dennysavage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,839
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark micke View Post
They got the new Dave W limited edition F-2. LOL
I heard that too....
__________________
dennysavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #86
67AfroMaro
That guy...
Smoked Another SBC
 
67AfroMaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 8,690
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

I want one... GOLD PLATED!!!
__________________
Engine is SOLD!

DJ Reid - www.afromaro.com

1.17 60' on 275's and Leafs
5.02 @ 147 on 26x8.5's (Vid)
4.79 @ 151 on 275's (Vid)


Vortech Superchargers
Chris Alston's Chassisworks
Moran Motorsports
dad's Custom Tanks
T-Flow Racing Heads
Unlimited Fiberglass
Holley Performance
Flatiron Racecars

Follow me on Facebook
67AfroMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #87
dan schoneck
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
dan schoneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mn
Posts: 4,056
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark micke View Post
They got the new Dave W limited edition F-2. LOL
The Dave W limited blower came from me and its only worth 75-80hp Mark you have dyno'd enough Procharger stuff, What do you think when you see the a/f ratio's and the bsfc?
__________________
www.schoneckcomposites.com 507-525-3333 Your one stop Mustang Composite shop. 79-09 Mustang Composites
add us on facebook (SchoneckComposites)

Also Wanted 2005-2006 Ford GT Supercar parts Buy sell Trade


Last edited by dan schoneck; 04-12-2011 at 07:16 PM.
dan schoneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #88
morris
Moderator
Smoked another BBC
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,492
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Ya know, I put up these videos and show all the info, good, bad or different. It is me that does the talking on the videos.
Couple things
BSFC is reflection of efficiency not total fuel flow used.

your wrong on the pulley combo, Craig can chime in if he wants to tell the pulley combo, The 1400 engine you are looking at is a unported head and intake with a different cam.

I Don't know what your talking about 10 PSI on top of the hat, I think your reading fuel pressure not boost differential like I did on the other engine.

4150 carbs have more boost differential than Dominators. Hence different boost in the manifolds and efficiency. less boost differential, more efficient.

Timing setting, Not telling, don't feel like saying what my combos need compared to your engine or anyone else. just someone else saying it wont work.

I dont do lots or F2 race only builds, Mike Jones, last year made 1300 HP Non intercooled and went 7.99 at 174 in a 3400lbs 10 in stock suspension car. The math works and my dyno is not happy.

AFR's don't mean anything, they are a tuning tool not the gospel, Plugs are, yes the carb is at its limit and starting to go lean. But it is not as bad as it seems.

As far as Juniors car, its awesome, next.

as far as it only has X amount of air, change X.

I am the only one to lose on this, I told both Craig and Jake I would take crap about this, and now if Craigs brick of a car, doesn't go 4.70's then I look bad.

I just put all this info out there, people can look at it, and call BS on me if you want, the track tells all, And yes I think it will go 7.30s all out, why not 7.10's?? it is not a Fox body mustang! thats why not.
__________________
Thanks
Steve Morris

www.stevemorrisengines.com

morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #89
scott foxwell
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
scott foxwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: N/E Tennessee
Posts: 11,150
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Thanks Steve. Unfortunately the scepticism comes with the territory when someone pushes the envelope that far. You do an amazing job with these Procharger engines and I, for one, have a a lot of respect for what you do, your experience, and the time you give here.
__________________

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS
STRAUB TECHNOLOGIES
Performance Cylinder Head Specialties
Retail/wholesale parts sales
Custom cams
805 350 1159 cell
423 391 7774 office

www.foxwellmotorsports.com


New Canfield BB Chevy heads now available!


In the darkness and the madness of this world, seek the Light and know the peace of God.
scott foxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #90
67AfroMaro
That guy...
Smoked Another SBC
 
67AfroMaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 8,690
Default Re: 1976 HP on a F2 !! ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
Ya know, I put up these videos and show all the info, good, bad or different. It is me that does the talking on the videos.
I bought a couple of your videos and he's right... your voice is not very sexy... but then again, it's a dyno video, not a porno.

Thanks for posting Steve, it gives the rest of us F2 guys something to shoot for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
I dont do lots or F2 race only builds
I can help with that
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
why not 7.10's?? it is not a Fox body mustang! thats why not.
Oh SNAP! You tell them lemmings




Oh and... when can I order my new 1900HP parts?
__________________
Engine is SOLD!

DJ Reid - www.afromaro.com

1.17 60' on 275's and Leafs
5.02 @ 147 on 26x8.5's (Vid)
4.79 @ 151 on 275's (Vid)


Vortech Superchargers
Chris Alston's Chassisworks
Moran Motorsports
dad's Custom Tanks
T-Flow Racing Heads
Unlimited Fiberglass
Holley Performance
Flatiron Racecars

Follow me on Facebook
67AfroMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 3.33%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC