A thread in the political forum - Page 8 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns

The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns TREE HUGGERS NOT WELCOME!!!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #106
Hoosierdaddy
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kik_start View Post
I don't think it should be legal but what makes you think if someone that smokes dope and gets the idea to go shoot a gun at a firing range doesn't just because it's illegal?

I really don't think it would change much...there may be a few more doing it but I doubt it.
The problem with the opposers is they tend to think that it's either illegal or it's a no rules free for all that will be done anytime anywhere by anybody. Even for these people, they know damn well in back of their minds that just simply isn't the case. No gov in any country this day and time would ever pass a full and complete decriminization and legalization with no rules on the stuff at all. To start with it would be something like alcohol is now except there would be stiffer rules in place that may loosen up or be enforced less over time. The problem with doing anything like this is the money hungry idiots in our gov can't be happy with regular sales tax on it like a box of laundry detergent would have on it. Oh nooooooo that wouldn't be near enough. They would add all sorts of taxes to it that would keep the price up to the point that it would still be profitable for the black market people (that aren't going to collect taxes). That does not help get rid of one of the negatives that are associated with any "illegal" drug. The only way to get the black market drug dealers out of the picture is to take the profit out of it where they can't make any money from it. This must be kept in mind when legalizing any drug unless you want to create more of a problem than there already was.

Last edited by Hoosierdaddy; 04-03-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Hoosierdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #107
SouthernTrendKill
Revolution Is My Name
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK55FLA View Post
Hemp was actually made illegal as a "favor" to Dow Chem.

Two birds with one stone.

You are correct about DOW but their problem was with industrial hemp and wanting to replace it with petro-chemicals.

Just happend to be around the same time.....
SouthernTrendKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #108
wd40
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C White View Post
Got me to thinking. I see where some members want marijuana legalized. Okay fine and dandy.

Now would you want to be at the range sharpening your skills and the guy in the next window high as giraffe pussy on marijuana? I mean they have rights also, and I am not being sarcastic, but if you legalize it, that means you will possibly have some CCW holders smoking marijuana with a firearm strapped to them.

Discuss.
Would rather be there with 20 smoking than with 1 drinking .
wd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #109
markstang
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C White View Post
Got me to thinking. I see where some members want marijuana legalized. Okay fine and dandy.

Now would you want to be at the range sharpening your skills and the guy in the next window high as giraffe pussy on marijuana? I mean they have rights also, and I am not being sarcastic, but if you legalize it, that means you will possibly have some CCW holders smoking marijuana with a firearm strapped to them.

Discuss.
I'm way more worried about the 1s who didn't take their meds when I'm at the range....

I bet every public range in America has had a stoner or 2 use the range along w/ the guys who have a 6 pack after work & then hit up the range, shooting next to Joe normal.
markstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #110
mopars69
هدية الله
Smoked another BBC

well,if they are high handling a firearm,and they just happen to shoot someone,they should still be liable for the murder,marijuana doesnt make you an idiot,if your stupid high,your prolly stupid sober too.
medical marijuana users have there 2nd amendment rights stripped when they get there card,which means no firearms in the house,and thats why so many medical houses get robbed.i dont trust people with firearms when they are high,because they act finnicky around them,like nothing bad can happen.

my thoughts

Last edited by mopars69; 04-15-2011 at 03:17 PM.
mopars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #111
mopars69
هدية الله
Smoked another BBC

it really makes me laugh that this harmless little plant is still illegal,if you attend the ccw class sober,you shouldnt treat the firearm any different high.
mopars69 is offline   Reply With Quote