A thread in the political forum - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns

The Bullet ~ Handguns, Rifles and Shotguns TREE HUGGERS NOT WELCOME!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
O.C White
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
O.C White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: WAXAHACHIE BY GOD TEXAS
Posts: 61,971
Default A thread in the political forum

Got me to thinking. I see where some members want marijuana legalized. Okay fine and dandy.

Now would you want to be at the range sharpening your skills and the guy in the next window high as giraffe pussy on marijuana? I mean they have rights also, and I am not being sarcastic, but if you legalize it, that means you will possibly have some CCW holders smoking marijuana with a firearm strapped to them.

Discuss.
__________________
Carl
Gunnery Sergeant of Marines(RETIRED)
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army"

Moral professionalism at its finest.
Mathew 5:9

Quote:
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. ~Joaquin de Setanti
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylogger View Post
You ornry bastard
O.C White is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
jjohnson
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
jjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Savanna, Illinois
Posts: 2,228
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C White View Post
Got me to thinking. I see where some members want marijuana legalized. Okay fine and dandy.

Now would you want to be at the range sharpening your skills and the guy in the next window high as giraffe pussy on marijuana? I mean they have rights also, and I am not being sarcastic, but if you legalize it, that means you will possibly have some CCW holders smoking marijuana with a firearm strapped to them.

Discuss.
LOL, that annalogy is great, yeah if it happens they need some major restrictions on it. You know as well as anybody its not the law abiding public we worry about.
__________________
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" John 15:13.........The American Soldier!



Thanks to my sponsors:
Don West, www.westracingheads.com
ARC, www.autorod.net
AFCO Radiators, www.afabcorp.com
Josh, www.sweetsofas.com
victory 1 valves, www.titaniumvalve.com
The Fab shop custom headers, www.fabshopheaders.com

jjohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
UJUSTLOST
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
UJUSTLOST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pleasant Valley, NY
Posts: 1,577
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Interesting point. I have my concealed carry license and an array of fire arms. Would it be any different to have a guy next to you that just had a few beers? An irerresponsible person is irresponsible whether it be by handling a fire after getting high or after drinking. I am a responsible firearm owner and would never and have never carried or handled a weapon while drinking or after drinking. Marijuana is a drug just as is alcohol. No responsible firearm owner should be handling a weapon while under the influence of any substance. So honestly it doesn't make a difference to me. They are a danger high or drunk.
UJUSTLOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
camr
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,042
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

What you're saying is absolutely true, O.C. Wouldn't want to be in that situation. Now here is where I turn it around on you. How is your scenario different from being at the range and the guy next to you knocked back 5 or 6 Buds before he headed out to the range?

Dammit. Treed again.
camr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
1quik70
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
1quik70's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,328
Garage
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Do you sit down next to a gentleman with a six pack and a shotgun? I sure wouldn't think so! All the ranges I have shot at have strict NO ALCOHOL policies and enforce them. If marijuana would happen to be legalized, it could be treated the same. You will always have law breaking citizens, and law abiding citizens. The otherwise law abiding marijuana users would continue about their lives as normal, just without the fear of prosecution for their recreation. Just the same as the person that drinks a six pack after work while working on the hot rod.
__________________
70 Nova BBC, TH400 3800 stall, 8.5 posi 10 bolt w/ 4.10 and Moser axles. **SOLD** Bought a business and am currently car-less!!!
1quik70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
O.C White
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
O.C White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: WAXAHACHIE BY GOD TEXAS
Posts: 61,971
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by camr View Post
What you're saying is absolutely true, O.C. Wouldn't want to be in that situation. Now here is where I turn it around on you. How is your scenario different from being at the range and the guy next to you knocked back 5 or 6 Buds before he headed out to the range?
Well for me it is no different. I don't want either of the fucks next to me. I just see this shit developing into a problem if it comes to past.

You already damn near have to give up blood for a CCW, can you imagine what you would have to go through next if they legalize this shit?

Sounds like a nightmare waiting.
__________________
Carl
Gunnery Sergeant of Marines(RETIRED)
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army"

Moral professionalism at its finest.
Mathew 5:9

Quote:
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. ~Joaquin de Setanti
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylogger View Post
You ornry bastard
O.C White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
Mike Beck
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
Smoked Another SBC
 
Mike Beck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South River NJ
Posts: 11,514
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

I view pot the same as alky, either will screw-up your head from thinking straight and many people can't think straight to begin with! I don't see pot as the "dangerous" drug it is made out to be. I see it no worse than alcohol. If it were legalized I really wouldn't care, still wouldn't touch it.

Now, for anyone that wants to shoot guns (or drive, etc...) under the influence of drugs (alcohol, pot, prescription pain killers, etc.....) then those people should have their stuff taken-away (guns and/or cars, whatever they were caught with).
Mike Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
camr
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,042
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C White View Post
Well for me it is no different. I don't want either of the fucks next to me. I just see this shit developing into a problem if it comes to past.

You already damn near have to give up blood for a CCW, can you imagine what you would have to go through next if they legalize this shit?

Sounds like a nightmare waiting.
So you're saying you believe marijuna use will increase in a big way if it's legalized, correct?
camr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #9
O.C White
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
O.C White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: WAXAHACHIE BY GOD TEXAS
Posts: 61,971
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by camr View Post
So you're saying you believe marijuna use will increase in a big way if it's legalized, correct?
I think it will go through the roof. Hell yes.
__________________
Carl
Gunnery Sergeant of Marines(RETIRED)
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army"

Moral professionalism at its finest.
Mathew 5:9

Quote:
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. ~Joaquin de Setanti
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylogger View Post
You ornry bastard
O.C White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
restosteve69
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
restosteve69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kenosha, Wis.
Posts: 8,538
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by camr View Post
So you're saying you believe marijuna use will increase in a big way if it's legalized, correct?
How much alcohol was comsumed during prohibition and then after?
restosteve69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 PM   #11
GREGG
Member
Pullin gears
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Omaha, Ne.
Posts: 661
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

O.C. That's not a problem, The range rules where I'm at, will not allow boozes or drugs usage on the range at anytime. We escort anyone out, who has show up at the range under the influence of either. We'll stop a match or event, remove them on the spot from the property. That's Range SOP. If needed a band and bar will be place on them for life with law enforcement in the area. This covers members, guests and the general public at open to the public events and matches. The Club's ( N.R.A. certified) Range Safety Officers and Match Directors enforce all of the SOP and Range Rules.
GREGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #12
Chuck u Farley M.D.
Medium Pimpin!
Smoked Another SBC
 
Chuck u Farley M.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hangin @ Sea shanties & wet panties. Baltimore
Posts: 8,617
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Ive personally seen more fights, murders, deaths, pregnancy's,vandalism and thefts related to alcohol than ive ever seen with marijuana. I think it would be worth trying because what we have been doing for the last 40 years isnt working. When prohibition was enacted the illegal activity sky rocketed just like now. The money made during that time created wealth for several generations and created legit businesses that are still around today. Certain people dont want to hear this because they see half their budget getting cut if it were legalized but alcohol and tobacco havent destroyed the country and neither would dope. Theres more people doing perscription drugs and running loose threw neighborhoods and then going home to their kids that are on ritalin or some anti depressant.
__________________
Posted Via Dialup
Chuck u Farley M.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #13
O.C White
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
O.C White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: WAXAHACHIE BY GOD TEXAS
Posts: 61,971
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck u Farley M.D. View Post
Ive personally seen more fights, murders, deaths, pregnancy's,vandalism and thefts related to alcohol than ive ever seen with marijuana. I think it would be worth trying because what we have been doing for the last 40 years isnt working. When prohibition was enacted the illegal activity sky rocketed just like now. The money made during that time created wealth for several generations and created legit businesses that are still around today. Certain people dont want to hear this because they see half their budget getting cut if it were legalized but alcohol and tobacco havent destroyed the country and neither would dope. Theres more people doing perscription drugs and running loose threw neighborhoods and then going home to their kids that are on ritalin or some anti depressant.
So these people should be armed just like any other citizen?
__________________
Carl
Gunnery Sergeant of Marines(RETIRED)
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army"

Moral professionalism at its finest.
Mathew 5:9

Quote:
Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk. ~Joaquin de Setanti
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylogger View Post
You ornry bastard
O.C White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #14
Chuck West
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,243
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Hell No! We don't do enough to keep the sorry ass DRUNK murderers in prison as it is! The Police enforce the Laws on the books now and scum bag judges let em off or give them lite sentences as it is, to go out and kill or maime again.
Do we control Drunk Drivers who have repeat records now? Hell no!

Even if dopers only fall asleep, how many will they hurt? How many lives will they ruin?
These idiots don't care about themselves or even their own families, much less you, me, my Wife or Daughters.

I hope to God they never allow it to be legalized. If we do, this Country is too far gone and the liberal, mamby pamby dolts have sealed our fates by being to far PC, in the quest of dollars. This final act would prove to me that no one cares about anyone any more. (our own, yes, but that's it!).

Last edited by Chuck West; 03-28-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Chuck West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #15
Chuck u Farley M.D.
Medium Pimpin!
Smoked Another SBC
 
Chuck u Farley M.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hangin @ Sea shanties & wet panties. Baltimore
Posts: 8,617
Default Re: A thread in the political forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C White View Post
So these people should be armed just like any other citizen?
Do you think they arent armed anyway? Ive seen some dumb shit at the range including one incident a few weeks ago where a old man not only sweeped a guy but also loaded his weapon with someone down range changing targets. Will there be a age limit also? I hate public ranges and believe in rules but you cant legislate common sense. Lots of other things are legislated and shit still happens.
__________________
Posted Via Dialup
Chuck u Farley M.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 3.33%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC