Any way to title a vehicle with a "FLORIDA SALVAGE CERTIFICATE OF DESTRUCTION" - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
Autorotica
Smoked another BBC

Default Any way to title a vehicle with a "FLORIDA SALVAGE CERTIFICATE OF DESTRUCTION"

I understand that most states treat a Florida Certificate of Destruction much differently than they do a salvage certificate.

Salvage certs can be inspected and converted to a reconstructed title.

I am looking at a vehicle that the insurance company paid out to the owner despite the damages to the vehicle were approximately 20% of the payout.

Anyone intimately know about this kind of thing?
Thanks in advance!
Chris
Autorotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
06MXZX800
BRUINS FTW!!!
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Any way to title a vehicle with a "FLORIDA SALVAGE CERTIFICATE OF DESTRUCTION"

I wish I could help, I've owned three salvage title vehicles now and my truck is a FEMA total, but all were easy to get legal and on the road.
13 Mustang GT....in my dreams
06MXZX800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
six4designs
Pullin gears

Default Re: Any way to title a vehicle with a "FLORIDA SALVAGE CERTIFICATE OF DESTRUCTION"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autorotica View Post
I understand that most states treat a Florida Certificate of Destruction much differently than they do a salvage certificate.

Salvage certs can be inspected and converted to a reconstructed title.

I am looking at a vehicle that the insurance company paid out to the owner despite the damages to the vehicle were approximately 20% of the payout.

Anyone intimately know about this kind of thing?
Thanks in advance!
Chris
Hi Chris. This is Todd, Dave's friend. I was with him at the track last week when I believe he talked to you on the phone about this. I did a little looking into it in my law books and really didn't find a whole lot pointing to a positive answer.

I can tell you that it's done as far as Florida is concerned. The only state I've found from reading on various websites that would convert the Florida CoD to a salvage title is Kentucky. Then you'd have a Kentucky salvage title to work on converting to a rebuilt status.

It appears to be next to impossible to do it easily.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
Florida Dave
Launchin

Chris, I called the DMV about this today and was told quite bluntly...The VIN is DEAD in FL and can NEVER be titled here again...and Like Todd said and you already know...it seems Ky. is the only state that may convert it to a salvage title.
We all get paid exactly what we are worth. The difference is some work harder at making themselves worth more.
Florida Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
Autorotica
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by six4designs View Post
Hi Chris. This is Todd, Dave's friend. I was with him at the track last week when I believe he talked to you on the phone about this. I did a little looking into it in my law books and really didn't find a whole lot pointing to a positive answer.

I can tell you that it's done as far as Florida is concerned. The only state I've found from reading on various websites that would convert the Florida CoD to a salvage title is Kentucky. Then you'd have a Kentucky salvage title to work on converting to a rebuilt status.

It appears to be next to impossible to do it easily.
Hi Todd,

Thanks for the reply. Dave said you were going to check on it for me a little more than the prelim info. Thanks!

I found some sketchy information about the process thru Kentucky as well. Perhaps one of the YB Kentucky boyz is familiar with this specific procedure and could give us some advise. Perhaps even assist with the procedure?

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Dave View Post
Chris, I called the DMV about this today and was told quite bluntly...The VIN is DEAD in FL and can NEVER be titled here again...and Like Todd said and you already know...it seems Ky. is the only state that may convert it to a salvage title.
Thanks again Dave!

Sounds like we are going to need some Kentucky help.

Chris
Old 03-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #6
six4designs
Pullin gears

Must be a really good opportunity, I take it?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #7
Autorotica
Smoked another BBC

Sent you a PM Todd... It might be a good deal but its going to take some coin to get this thing straightened out.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 02:04 AM   #8
Autorotica
Smoked another BBC

Found this text concerning the reversal of a CoD....

It is a drawn out process but it may be possible. You'll need the correct forms from the Tax Collectors office (DMV) and you will also need an inspection by a police officer who will have to get a written report. I also believe you need an inspection from a certified mechanic with documents of that inspection

Chris