SRD Parts Assassin Bars for leaf springs - Page 14 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Stock Suspension - TRZ Motorsports

Stock Suspension - TRZ Motorsports

Old 03-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #196
TurboBu
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: SRD Parts Assassin Bars for leaf springs

Jeff?
TurboBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #197
jmscamaro
Smoked another BBC

what is the measurement from the bottom of the plate to the bottom of the bracket in the back
jmscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #198
Jake
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscamaro View Post
what is the measurement from the bottom of the plate to the bottom of the bracket in the back
5" from the bottom of the leaf to the lowest point. And 4 5/8" on the front bracket.

http://jakesperformancefabrication.com/
Home of the Fastest Stock Suspension Drag Radial Car on Drag Week 2011
THANKS- Steve Morris Engines, Dave W @Procharger, Painted with Powder, Weld Wheel, Strange, TCI ProX, M&M Converter and all the individuals that helped along the way to contribute to our Drag Week BB Power Adder WIN! 7.82@189 on M/T 295's w/ stock suspension at 3600+
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #199
jmscamaro
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
5" from the bottom of the leaf to the lowest point. And 4 5/8" on the front bracket.
on the back bracket is that from the the bottom of the spring top of bracket just want to make sure thank you very much
jmscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #200
Jake
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscamaro View Post
on the back bracket is that from the the bottom of the spring top of bracket just want to make sure thank you very much
Thats from the bottom of the leaf(same as the top of the bracket) to the lowest point.

If a person doesnt jam a bunch of lower blocks in their its not that bad.(needs the correct height lowering spring) and if a person adjusts the front leaf mount height when lowering the car it doesnt get that bad either.

THANKS- Steve Morris Engines, Dave W @Procharger, Painted with Powder, Weld Wheel, Strange, TCI ProX, M&M Converter and all the individuals that helped along the way to contribute to our Drag Week BB Power Adder WIN! 7.82@189 on M/T 295's w/ stock suspension at 3600+
Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #201
TurboBu
Smoked another BBC

Jake I know many, many factors effect how much the rearend/pinion rotates in a car with these bars and split mono leafs, weight, trans gear, rear gear, transbrake, stall speed, engine torque, gap at front of bars, SRD/Calvert/Landrum springs, anti-squat, etc...... What do you think the average range of rotation is 3-5 degrees? more? less? Personnally I'm interested in numbers related to a car that will be driven on the highway many mile such as on Drag Week. 800-1300 RWHP 3200-3600 lb cars on 295/55 radials or smaller or 28x10 or 8.5 slicks. Real mini tubbed cars (widened stock or DSE w/o the quarters pushed).
Old 03-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #202
Jake
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBu View Post
Jake I know many, many factors effect how much the rearend/pinion rotates in a car with these bars and split mono leafs, weight, trans gear, rear gear, transbrake, stall speed, engine torque, gap at front of bars, SRD/Calvert/Landrum springs, anti-squat, etc...... What do you think the average range of rotation is 3-5 degrees? more? less? Personnally I'm interested in numbers related to a car that will be driven on the highway many mile such as on Drag Week. 800-1300 RWHP 3200-3600 lb cars on 295/55 radials or smaller or 28x10 or 8.5 slicks. Real mini tubbed cars (widened stock or DSE w/o the quarters pushed).
With the correct parts I've never ran over 3 1/2 degrees and never under 1 1/2 degrees relative to the transmission.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #203
TurboBu
Smoked another BBC

Oh "relative to the transmission". You and I seem to be the only ones that feel this is important. Everyone else thinks the relation the pinion has to ground level and the angle of the pinion to driveshaft is more important. I agree 100% that the most in line the crankshaft is the less power is lost and the smoother the driveline will run. But I feel the most critical driveline measurement is difference in degrees between the crankshaft and pinion shaft.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #204
Horndog
Smoked Another SBC

Ground ain't got nothing to do with pinion angle. All it does is give the tires something to rest on.

" ...oh no, what the fuck was that?
...the motor ... we've thrown a rod.
...is that serious?
...yup."
Horndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #205
victor3ranger
Launchin

Does anyone have pics of these one a multileaf(factory multi leaf pack) 2nd Gen Camaro?
victor3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #206
TurboBu
Smoked another BBC

due to the way the front "rocker" wraps/clamps around the front of the main leaf and is located with a pin that you drill a hole in the spring for, I don't think a multi-leaf will work As this would keep the multi-leafs from sliding on each other. But maybe someone else has tried.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #207
2BZ1
Spooled up

Just order a set for my 68 Firebird.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #208
turbofreek
your mamas ride home
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBu View Post
due to the way the front "rocker" wraps/clamps around the front of the main leaf and is located with a pin that you drill a hole in the spring for, I don't think a multi-leaf will work As this would keep the multi-leafs from sliding on each other. But maybe someone else has tried.
My dart is multi leaf and the leafs move just fine. there is no point of attatchment that would hender their movement with these bars. the attatching bar is there to limit movement/wrap of the springs. it does nothing to the function of the spring leafs sliding like the are suppose to.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #209
tricktom1
Pullin gears

Nice product.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #210
1700camaro
Spooled up

I just ordered a set of these for our 80 Camaro bracket car. I will have no time to test these before our next points race. Looking for a baseline setting for the bars. We only get 2 time runs before eliminations. Our main concern is consistency & not best 60'/ET.

-1980 Camaro 2,900 lbs./200 lb driver
-Stock cut front springs/stock multi-leafs rear
-QA 1 stocker all stars shocks single adjustable all four corners. Full loose on front & 2 clicks tighter from full loose on back.
-434 SB with aluminum heads 629 hp @ 6,000/594 lbs torque @ 4,600
-PowerGlide 1.76 ratio with 8" 5,200 stall.
-Rear Ratio 4.10
-29x10 Hoosier slicks

We currently have Competition Engineering J bolt traction bars. With preload in both sides, but more on the right. Unknown weight on the tires. The current launch rpm 2,500 rpm & it doesn't hit the tire until 10'-15' out with 60's in the 1.52-1.53 range. We have launched at 3,000 & the 60's go to mid 1.4s, but we lose consistency. Just for information the car runs 10.40s - 10.60s @ 126-27 mph at 4,000' -6,000' density altitude. We are in Las Vegas, NV. & most of the time it's darn HOT!

SRD recommends starting on the bottom hole front & back. I'm looking to get a better starting point for our set-up. As for preload we will touch the front bracket to the spring on the drivers side with driver in seat. Do the same for passenger side with 1/4 to 1/2 turn preload.
1700camaro is offline   Reply With Quote