Lucas Oil Raceway Friday Night Rage - Page 4 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 02-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #46
mongse
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Lucas Oil Raceway Friday Night Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
Saturday is the answer for sure but there must be a reason for Friday, maybe the track needs to see the intrest before they give up a Saturday a month they only get so many a year!
Having the race start at 10am on a Friday won't help attendance at all though.
mongse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #47
mikee
Keepn my pimp hand strong
Smoked Another SBC

[QUOTE=mongse;5579916]Having the race start at 10am on a Friday won't help attendance at all though.
Great observation.....
mikee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #48
superned
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
Sure looks like Ned is making a bunch of excuses even dragging his poor wife and kids into his ordeal!!!!!!!!

I dont blame him peoples first response is to run from an ass kicking,My poor little tired street car racing agianst a pro mod?????
listen up grasshopper.... I will find a way to make sure I can give you a driving lesson once a month ..but it going to take a lot of work to make it on a friday afternoon...
and I drive mine on the street too .......

I agree the friday thing is crazy and time frame is not realistic either ...but you have to start somewhere. even if I can not bring my car in time , I plan to help mark l

Last edited by superned; 02-01-2011 at 11:07 PM.
superned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:01 AM   #49
BONDOBOB
Launchin

Cant wait i will be there for some True Street Action.

www.BobsProFab.com

WD For :
Strange Engineering
FK Bearings
AFco Racing
Sander Engineering Wheels

chromoly tube front steer k members for A B and E body mopars
custom chromoly cages / 4 link and ladder bar installs / mini tubs
mopar super stock chromoly front end parts and lighten K frames
BONDOBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:46 AM   #50
CR3
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatt View Post
Seriously? Anyone by now who is not prepared to run a diaper, just isn't prepared to race. They've been rolling containment devices into the rules year by year. You could see this coming three years ago.
Like I said, I understand the justification for the rule. We just can't see putting a diaper on a new mustang, challenger, corvette or camaro. We would be racing in the slowest index (12.0). I guess we are just not prepared to be serious racers yet. I wish you guys the best of luck with the new race series.
CR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:57 AM   #51
CR3
Pre-Staged

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1Duster View Post
If I can get an engine diaper on my car, anyone can. It does not have to meet SFI spec, it simply has to be there.
Have you seen the engine bays on these new cars?
CR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #52
Pooch565
Smoked another BBC

I understand you are in the slowest class and most likely with a newer car won't have an issue, but it can happen. When I was helping Kurt prep the track at the Hot Rod Drag Week show, we were down for over 2 hours due to a full track oil down. This came from a 13 second chevelle with a SBC in it. It kicked a rod and the guy drove it all the way to the turn off. If he would have had a diaper this wouldn't have happened. I hope you can find a way to stuff a diaper in there because we'd love to have you race the events.
812 878 2026
jason@vpracingfuels.com
Pooch565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #53
mongse
Smoked another BBC

Question about the weights in LS too.

Quote:
ii. Small Block Naturally Aspirated 2350 lbs.
iii. Big Block Naturally Aspirated 2600 lbs.
iv. Small Block Nitrous Assisted 2500 lbs.
v. Big Block Nitrous Assisted conventional head 3000 lbs.
vi. Big Block Nitrous Assisted non-conventional head 3200 lbs.
vii. Small Block Turbocharged 3100 lbs.
viii. Small Block Twin Superchargers/Turbos 3150 lbs.
ix. Small Block Supercharged 3100 lbs.
x. Big Block Supercharged 3300 lbs.
xi. Big Block Single Turbo 3300 lbs.
xii. Big Block Twin Superchargers/Turbos 3350 lbs.

2500# seems really light for a nitrous SB. There's a 500# weight difference between nitrous SB/BB, but only a 300# difference between turbo SB/BB.
mongse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #54
Pooch565
Smoked another BBC

The fastest nitrous small block LS car that I know of is Sam Vincent. He's been a 4.60 with bars at 2500lbs. He's been 4.70 with no bars at 2500. This was in perfect air at SGMP. I figure this class to be a 4.70 to a 4.90 class. The weights were figured with a specific ET range in mind. I know of one car that was a conventional headed BBC in a mustang with one kit at 3250 that went 4.80's. So we figured that at 3000 lbs and 2 kits this should be a high 70 to low 80 car. JR Gibson is the quickest twin small block car in the area and he's been a 4.76 at 3150. Hinzman has been consistent 70's at 3250 so the Supercharged weight was set at 3300. I don't really know of any BB twin cars other than Mikee, and he's been 4.70's. Oh Woodruff has been 80's also. So to answer the question, the weights were made using real world cars as the data. I'm not even sure if you can get a big block nitrous car below 3000 lbs. Hope this helps.

As for the Friday deal. Yes a Saturday would give more time, but history has shown that more spectators will come out on a Friday and save their weekend for going to the lake, family stuff, etc. It's easier to convince your girlfriend to go out and watch racing on a Friday night and give her the weekend for honey do's. Trust me I do know this!! haha. Milan tried to run a program on Saturday's last year after being so successful on the Friday night deal. The fans didn't come out to the program. Now this year they are moving it to the evening, so we'll see what happens. Maybe more fans will come out on the Saturday evening. As a racer, yes I like the Saturday races, but this series won't survive without the fans. I'm sure things can be adjusted. I've seen the time schedule, and without any major oil downs the show should be done around 11pm. It's a new program for Indy so there will be growing pains, but if the support is there it can only get bigger and better.
812 878 2026
jason@vpracingfuels.com
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #55
MattSwindle
Smoked another BBC

I hope they are flexible with the schedule where weather is concerned...
I'd hate to see them get rained out a coupla fridays in a row..(been there done that)
need to anticipate and be able to move it before hand..move it up a day or back..
just my .02
MattSwindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #56
1967WOODY
Spooled up

I have been 4.80's but @ 3200 on a well prep race track. I think the 3350 is way to heavy and unsafe at the speeds & ets these cars are able to run.If your car is a 25.2 it is only sfi legal to 3200 @ 6.00. If the rules where built around real world data and Sam can run 4.60 @ 2500 , I run 4.80 @3200 why would you add 150 pounds to my combo??????????????? & put me above the weight of a 25.2 sfi cert.I will come and support this deal either way. This is the heaviest I will have ever had to way except for the dumbass rules @ ohiovalley.Every other place we race is 3200 or less.
1967WOODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #57
DBN
Launchin

Will it cost $50 to test and tune and another $50 to enter an index class? Is it realistic to run eleven classes of 16 cars each in three hours?
DBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #58
Pooch565
Smoked another BBC

Matt, I belive the rain date is the 4th friday of the month. 2 weeks later.

Woody I know you've only been 4.80's, but that's just the beginning. How fast has Dillard been with your same combo at 3200lbs? 4.48 I think. The way the sfi certs work is if you have more weight than the cert, you defaut to the next higher cert at that weight. Like Me. I weighed 3450 so even though the car is a 25.2, which is safer than a 25.5, I have to go off the 25.5 spec. Which is 3600lbs to 4.50 in the 1/8. You would have to conform to 25.4 rules which are 3600lbs in a tube chassis car to 4.50 in th 1/8. And I have to say I totally disagree with the unsafe at these weights arguements. I went 4.84 at 3450 and didn't feel unsafe at all. Tony Ridenour at bradenton last weekend went 4.64 at 165 at 3450 on radials. Hinzman has been 4.57 at 170 at 3380 on radials. Here's the deal. If we limited the weights at 3200lbs, you would not have any stock suspension radial cars, pro street cars, or nitrous cars for that matter. Maybe at Ducks race, but not here. We need to get cars and fans. There aren't enough true limited street cars in this area. They are mostly stock framed ladder bar or stock suspension radial or 29.5 cars. The rules have been written to allow all kinds of cars to bring up the car count. When I started helping Kurt with this I wanted to include everybody instead of making it a true stock suspension class. I knew some wouldn't be happy, but we all have to give a bit. Right now you are the only true Limited Street car that I know of that is planning on coming. I hope you can see the method to the maddness. Let's see what kind of cars show up and if changes need to be implemented to even up the field, then that's what will happen. I appreciate the fact that you will come and support the series and I can't wait to see the car all redone.
812 878 2026
jason@vpracingfuels.com
Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #59
Pooch565
Smoked another BBC

Dbn,

You are correct. It is 50 bucks to test and tune and 50 bucks to enter the race. As I said before I've seen the time table that Kurt made on the computer. this is realistic. At Milan you got 3 qualifiers starting at 4:30. Racing normally started around 7:30 to 8:00 and they were done by midnight at the latest. They had pretty big car counts. At Indy there will only be 2 qualifiers. If anything I would say we may run till midnight, but it all depends. Things may have to be adjusted. We'll just have to see. I know at Milan, once we started there was no down time. It was a great show for the fans and a little taxing on the racer, but still a blast none the less. It's just cool to race in front of a crowd!! Hope this helps.
812 878 2026
jason@vpracingfuels.com
Old 02-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #60
B-1Duster
Smoked another BBC

Guys,

Kurt needs (2) very nice limited street/true street type cars have at the world of wheels next Wednesday thru Sunday. PM me if interested